Author Topic: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction  (Read 34596 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:02 AM »
Alright, while a legit topic for discussion, nippin' this one in the bud due to recent drama (or rather, how it's related to recent drama).

Let's move on to something else please~

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2014, 02:43:53 AM »
Hello! I just came in from Beast Lair!

I've been converted to our almighty goddess!

As for things that annoy me in fanfiction, fics that take the time to describe how much canon Shirou sucks in comparison to their "speshul" Shirous. It shouldn't have to be a contest on who's Shirou is superior, different Shirous do different things and have different themes/wish fulfillments (in some cases). Can't we just enjoy the Shirou we like without having people complaining about him? For example, Shirou from Heaven's Feel, for his choice in the CORRECT heroine, as well as him getting Archer's arm.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:10:56 AM by qwertyfatcat »
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2014, 02:52:09 AM »
Also, I didn't know that Xamusel was here....
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2014, 03:04:07 AM »
Akiha is the best grill, hue.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2014, 03:12:21 AM »
Made a mistake over what I said, sorry.

As for Akiha, well I don't mind them flatter, but I go for getting drugged and murdered by Kohaku.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2014, 03:21:42 AM »
Better go for the original Yandere, Fujinon.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »
mmmmmmmmmmmm........... Fujinon........

Room is surprisingly empty....

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2014, 05:19:23 AM »
Something that annoys me in fanfiction is when an author claims that yeah they understand what the people are saying and then next chapter make the same mistake and then go ">.< sorryyyyy I won't do that again :P"

The emoticons make it worse.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2014, 05:32:30 AM »
Its sad to hear that something like that happens. Then again, it takes time to read reviews and that is too tiring for the imaginative minds of authors.

Lets see..... Introducing anime servants to rofl stomp the grail war and solve all the problems? I saw one with a negima crossover.

Hell with almost all the negima crossovers with FSN.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2014, 05:39:54 AM »
Negima is too whack for the nasuverse

SPEED OF LIGHTNING
RAKAN
UNKILLABLE IDIOTS
UNTOUCHABLE ALBA

I don't see it properly crossovering with much actually, it fits itself too much and not much else.

Maybe Index.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2014, 05:47:50 AM »
Indeed indeed. However, people get a high of really powerful idiots who win really easily and solve the whole plot in an hour. It was funny seeing a berserker Negi being calm because HE MASTERED HIS DARKNESS. Then he proceeds to be his dark Negi form and get a harem in the process.

It might cross over with Index, but they just introduced the continuation of Negima, so power levels are probably going to be readjusted and Index might need to pull some really big shit to do something.

Whatever, let's just throw Goku at all our shounen anime problems.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »
...okay, should have seen this sooner, that I was mentioned in thread.

Sorry for the delay to get back, was at a writer's workshop, for the first time with this group.

Anyway, I have to agree with the annoyances about shounen franchises... mainly because I don't get what makes them work, and how they screw with the laws of reality all that much (unless it was given plenty of reasonable explanation in-universe... otherwise, well, I'd be inclined to make it make sense to anyone that knows my thought processes).

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2014, 07:07:15 AM »
My issue with shounen isn't how they defy physics, but that when they enter Nasuverse people's enthusiasm for curb stomps and their physics defiance makes them disrespect FSN.

It would require effort to maintain the balance level, but we need more evened out fights or battles that require more thought put into it rather than "throw out super attack".

Also, it irks me when fabric writers use the word effortlessly. Effortlessly, like how they effortlessly dodge this attack, or effortlessly defeat someone. It feels demeaning to the other party.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2014, 07:09:43 AM »
Also, my mistake Xamusel. I mistook you for someone else. It was an old FSN/MGLN crossover idea that didn't even take off that I was hyped for.

BTW, has anyone seen Fate's Gamble's Harry Potter? Not the premise, but the current design of Harry Potter?

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2014, 07:11:32 AM »
Huh. I see what you mean.

Well, I hope that I can avoid using the word "effortlessly" in that context, as well as maintain the balance level of shounen and Nasuverse (should it ever happen).

Also, which story were you hyped for, anyway?

In regards to Fate's Gamble's Harry Potter, well, I've seen him. I'm still working on giving him a reasonable challenge in my spin-off of the story... but my focus has been elsewhere.