Author Topic: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction  (Read 34589 times)

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
It was a silly thing really. The author said he'd have Shirou in Mid Childa, and that he'd do the story justice. Never went past the proclamation.

What? You're doing a spin off of that story? I see... Harry in that fic is quite........
Different. I was going to say he had certain aspects similar to Satoshi.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »
Yeah... let's not go into the Satoshi bit, please. I can understand what you mean, but, for the mental health of Alice, let's just avoid that topic.

Still, I had a fair bit of the spin off done, but I decided to rewrite it (because I think I had things in way too contrived a manner at the original version).

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
Anything related to Satoshi is a threat to the public health.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
I heard.

So what's your new idea for the spin off about?
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Also, it irks me when fabric writers use the word effortlessly. Effortlessly, like how they effortlessly dodge this attack, or effortlessly defeat someone. It feels demeaning to the other party.

Well, yeah, that's the point of describing it in such a way?

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:11 PM »
And then fanfic writers spam the word effortlessly effortlessly.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
Don't nitpick.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Yes Ms. Person who Looks Like a Heroine I Know.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:27:36 PM by qwertyfatcat »

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »
So what's your new idea for the spin off about?

Well, the spin-off was initially written in a way that was utterly contrived, with Harry and Hermione being in the Fuyuki park when Tokiomi and Sakura were a distance outside the meeting area where Sakura was supposed to be given to someone other than Zouken (before I thought to have Zouken attempt to kidnap Sakura that way, with the attempt foiled).

Now? Well, I was thinking of having Harry and Hermione end up at the Tohsaka Manor to register as citizen Magi (so to speak) after arriving in Fuyuki the way they left Hogwarts (Hermione broke a Time Turner and both she and Harry got touched by it... that, plus Harry being a practitioner of the 2nd (somewhat), took them outside of their home dimension).

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
wtfffffffffffffffffffffff

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
Leo, blame the concept of the original story, which I'm spinning off of.

Normally, I wouldn't even go that far, but that limit was for canon!Harry Potter.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2014, 09:00:42 PM »
Its confusing and contrived.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »
qwerty, I can understand it being confusing and contrived, but only if I knew what part of it was... could you elaborate?

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »
Alot of that plot. Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in Gumblepotter.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
You mean my idea? Or the original story?