Author Topic: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction  (Read 35050 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2014, 02:48:54 PM »
Except that you're forgetting his ego Qwerty

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
Let's face it, Gilgamesh has such high standards by which he judges people as the King of Kings and Heroes he is that I don't believe most people in the room would meet his standard.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
Can you show me that his ego is like that? Saying that helping him would make him look like a pussy sounds stupid. Satoshi sounds kind of like a jerk if he thinks that helping Gil would make him look like that.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2014, 01:57:35 AM »
No Qwerty, that is not what I said

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2014, 02:21:54 AM »
That Satoshi apparently respects Gil by not checking up on him? That doing so would be like calling Gil a pussy? If its an attack that almost downs the both of them, they shouldn't be thinking about things like that. Gil would also be very concerned about the situation as this is something that he not only didn't expect, but has no answer for.

Lantz, that isn't the big issue here. One of the issues with this fic so far is that nobody but the "bad guys" have said ANYTHING in this fic, with only Satoshi's monologues being the closest to hearing anybody else's voice. You gotta start having some conversations in this fic, and actually involve everybody. I know that thats not easy to do, but you put in all those characters; they need to act or they're just cardboard cut outs.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
Even Gray has given up on improving lantzblades' writing, as he told me it personally. >_>

One cannot excuse everything by keeping posting about "context" or "the devil's in the details", people will just keep treating somebody answering like that less and less seriously. Not really listening or not acknowledging legitimate hints and complaints does not lead anywhere. No work is flawless, after all.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:13:24 PM by AKatIsFineToo »

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2014, 09:38:21 PM »
Apparently, you need to vote for a girl to make your vote count, but its now closed. How many people's votes actually counted this time? Well, it doesn't matter since only punching Gil in the face was chosen.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »
Don't bother, there is nothing logical about lantz and his fics.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »
Apparently, you need to vote for a girl to make your vote count, but its now closed. How many people's votes actually counted this time? Well, it doesn't matter since only punching Gil in the face was chosen.

Qwerty, just because Lantz threw you out of his thread, it doesn't mean you have to turn this into a surrogate discussion thread.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »
At this rate lantz will throw away everyone except you because adressing any flaws (which are numerous) of his stories is unacceptable.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
I don't care, this is still not a thread for discussing details of Lantz's fic.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »
Yeah, and we should wait for the beta because nobody knows any 'context'. Hopes it comes out before Tsukihime Remake.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2014, 11:08:40 PM »
To be fair, that one is entirely my fault. Lantz sent me the first chapter ages ago, and I think he's written a few more beyond that.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »
Okay, we'll be waiting patiently.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2014, 04:21:10 AM »
...okay, seriously, what the hell did I miss?