Author Topic: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction  (Read 34796 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction
« Reply #330 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
So if the Grail wasn't corrupted and Zouken wished for immortality would it rejuvenate his soul and make it stop rotting? Or would it freeze his soul in the state it was at the wish so he could be half rotted old man forever?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 03, 2014, 11:29:47 PM »
Well, the idea of the Berserker class is to strengthen weak servants by making them go insane. You didn't see Lancelot or Heracles making civil discussion. Why would Kariya or Illya do anything differently concerning ME?

Well, Kariya having a sane servant would be a major advantage to him, in reality, because his best chance of saving Sakura is to summon a servant who can kill Zouken or remove the worms from her somehow. I suspect that has a lot to do with why Zouken told him to use the Berserker class in the first place....
Actually, it's because really, Zouken gives no shits about Kariya, and probably would have just iced him and taken the seals if he came close to winning, to get that wish for himself.

Not giving a shit about Kariya would imply that he would just let Kariya do what he likes, though, it doesn't cause him to suggest summoning a Berserker. However, whilst it is unlikely, a sane servant could certainly possess something that could allow Kariya to kill Zouken and save Sakura, so Zouken is just safer if he avoid that possibility.

As a consequence, Sakura WOULD get to go free, but only because Zouken would be pimpin' out on his wish and not need her anymore.

Yeah, most likely. Assuming there was still a world left....

So if the Grail wasn't corrupted and Zouken wished for immortality would it rejuvenate his soul and make it stop rotting? Or would it freeze his soul in the state it was at the wish so he could be half rotted old man forever?

Probably the first, but it depends a bit on what exactly Zouken asks for as well.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 03, 2014, 11:31:16 PM »
Well, the idea of the Berserker class is to strengthen weak servants by making them go insane. You didn't see Lancelot or Heracles making civil discussion. Why would Kariya or Illya do anything differently concerning ME?

Well, Kariya having a sane servant would be a major advantage to him, in reality, because his best chance of saving Sakura is to summon a servant who can kill Zouken or remove the worms from her somehow. I suspect that has a lot to do with why Zouken told him to use the Berserker class in the first place....
Actually, it's because really, Zouken gives no shits about Kariya, and probably would have just iced him and taken the seals if he came close to winning, to get that wish for himself.

As a consequence, Sakura WOULD get to go free, but only because Zouken would be pimpin' out on his wish and not need her anymore.

And then the world will end.

As for mad enhancement, it is used to make weak servants strong but the cases where we do see berserkers break the rules by being strong heroes in the first place. In fact, putting them in the berserker class weakens them since they can't use their main NPs or make rational decisions. Hercules was remembered for being a cunning individual and his NP is a powerful anti-dragon NP and Lu Bu could use all of his NP's forms if not in ME. Lancelot is an odd case in which he uses his other abilities to get the power boost with little to no concequence, but he uses the mad enhancement to be stronger in physical stats to Saber.

I'd honestly like to see more ideas with berserker servants making use of mad enhancement and doing something creative with it like with Lancelot. At least he wasn't crippled by using the damn skill. As for Zouken, he told Kariya to use the berserker class to compensate for Kariya being a weak master. If he did summon a servant in a different class, that servant would be a lot weaker then it would normally be.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 04, 2014, 12:45:04 AM »

Only person present who could kill Zouken or remove worms was Kotomine Kirei. Yeah...

And Lancelot summoned as non-Berserker would probably die in the first battle against Gilgamesh since without the boost he cannot last as long. Friggin' Saber can only deflect one swordrain in Fate, and non-Berserker Lancelot is weaker than that.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 04, 2014, 12:51:39 AM »
Pretension, that's what annoys me.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »
Someone claiming something? Or someone showing off? How do you even do that in a fanfic?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2014, 12:58:45 AM »

Only person present who could kill Zouken or remove worms was Kotomine Kirei. Yeah...

Sure, but I would be astounded if there is not a servant anywhere in mythology who is capable of killing him or deworming Sakura.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2014, 01:13:37 AM »
They would also need to be famous for going into a rage. So your best bet would be to summon a Hindu HS. They can probably solve every problem in existence.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:02 AM »
Before Kariya would put a finger on Zouken he would get devoured from inside. And there is also the fact Kariya is not the brightest brick in the shed given his poor communications skills.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 04, 2014, 02:23:17 AM »
Kariya doesn't have to do anything, though, it's the servant who would do it. Killing Kariya wouldn't immediately kill the servant.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2014, 04:39:44 AM »
Excuse me, but, I was informed that there was favoritism ITT.  What seems to be the matter?

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2014, 05:08:31 AM »
Deworming Sakura isn't too easy though....

I mean killing Zouken physically is easy for a servant, but saving Sakura from the worms isn't.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »
You can kill Kariya through worms discreetly enough the Servant would not realize.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 04, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
No Umbra it's a matter of ideological pretension, people who think one way so much so they choose to act with a total disregard for reason and refuse to accept that others have the right to believe differently

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 04, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Sounds familiar.