Author Topic: Questions thread  (Read 32484 times)

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
Re: Questions thread
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2013, 11:19:52 AM »
Yes, he'd kill her. Pre 4-th War Kiritsugu wouldn't think twice before murdering Dark Sakura if he were to meet her.

Cursed by Creation

• He Who Defies the Balance of Things
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
So...how?  His usual MO: pound her with ordnance until all her circuits are active followed by an Origin Bullet between the eyes?
Your heart longs for the Kingdom of Freedom, a World that has no set future.

GabrieliosP

• 達淳 - Tatsu x Jun
  • Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
My Kiritsugu-fu isn't that strong so I can't answer HOW he'd do it. But he'd be hell bent on trying to kill her, at least that I can assure.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2013, 05:51:27 PM »
Yes, he'd kill her. Pre 4-th War Kiritsugu wouldn't think twice before murdering Dark Sakura if he were to meet her.

Pre-4th war Kiritsugu wouldn't think twice about murdering normal Sakura, honestly. Even as a child. Just being under Zouken's control is probably enough to make her a danger as far as he is concerned.

However, I'm not so sure he could kill Dark Sakura. She is exceptionally powerful, after all. Certainly if he got anywhere near her and she saw him she would kill him easily.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »
However, I'm not so sure he could kill Dark Sakura. She is exceptionally powerful, after all. Certainly if he got anywhere near her and she saw him she would kill him easily.

Considering how ruthless he is, he might tip the Clock Tower or the Holy Church off.  Sakura could probably kill line Enforcers/Executors with ease, but if the Burial Agency or, Heaven forbid, Barthomeloi Lorelei gets involved, she'll probably get crushed like a bug.  Or worse, get a Sealing Designation or entombed by the Church.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52:01 AM »

Considering how ruthless he is, he might tip the Clock Tower or the Holy Church off.  Sakura could probably kill line Enforcers/Executors with ease, but if the Burial Agency or, Heaven forbid, Barthomeloi Lorelei gets involved, she'll probably get crushed like a bug.  Or worse, get a Sealing Designation or entombed by the Church.

I doubt that the Church or Clock Tower would trust Kiritsugu, honestly. If he went anywhere near them, they'd probably kill him.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2013, 02:40:32 AM »
No, they don't trust him.  But, AFAIK, they have been known to contract him to eliminate individuals they cannot move against openly, and they do respect his reputation.  And even if they won't accept his allegations against the Makiri, they will investigate anything or anyone that he cannot handle on his own.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »
Well, I guess.

But, then, if Dark Sakura were around somehow (not entirely sure how it would happen, mind you...), I suspect she'd have already gone after the Association. And, I'm honestly not sure they could do much against her. Especially not if she had Dark Saber, and possibly Rider too.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:24 AM »
Well, I guess.

But, then, if Dark Sakura were around somehow (not entirely sure how it would happen, mind you...), I suspect she'd have already gone after the Association. And, I'm honestly not sure they could do much against her. Especially not if she had Dark Saber, and possibly Rider too.

Lorelei Barthomeloi's background has her among the few Humans capable of taking on a Servant in equal terms.  And the Clock Tower only represents a third of the Association.  Even if Dark Sakura can handle the Clock Tower, I doubt she could defeat Atlas.  They develop fearsome superweapons as a counter against the eventual end of the world - and it's implied they foresaw the world of Notes, seeing as the character Gun God in Notes actually wields a weapon recovered from the ruins of Atlas which was capable of killing a Type (I think it was either Type-Venus or Type-Saturn) in one shot.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »
Well, Dark Sakura can also take on a servant, and she possesses several of them. As for Atlas, perhaps they would be more prepared.

Honestly, though, I don't really know if Dark Sakura could take down the Association if they went after her. You're probably right that, if they went after her and knew what they were up against, they could kill or (worse) capture her. However, if she went after them without them knowing she was coming or without them realising what she was capable of, she could easily kill the lot of them before they even realised what was happening.

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2013, 11:56:50 AM »
She could probably blindside the Clock Tower...but Atlas would probably predict her coming (although whether or not they actually warn the Clock Tower is up in the air).  In addition to overseeing the general development of alchemy, Atlas also predicts and develops countermeasures against threats to Humanity (why else would they build such powerful weapons and seal them away).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:58:39 AM by Cursed by Creation »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
Yeah, honestly, I have no idea what would happen in such a situation. I know nothing about Atlas....

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »
Yeah, honestly, I have no idea what would happen in such a situation. I know nothing about Atlas....

Just that even the proudest and most self-centered magi from the Clock Tower and even the most zealous priests know better than to take advantage of Atlas.

Moving on, is there any chance for the True Ancestors to return?  They seem much better people than the Dead Apostles; from what I gather, the True Ancestors seemed to have been highly-respected (or Arcueid was because of her connection with Zelretch) in their time whereas the Dead Apostles are viewed with hate by magi.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2013, 12:10:20 AM »
I can't see how they would return, honestly, and I don't think Nasu has given any indication of them doing so. Also, weren't the True Ancestors mostly dicks?

Cursed by Creation

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
Also, weren't the True Ancestors mostly dicks?

No, those are the Dead Apostles.  The only True Ancestor ever portrayed is Arcueid, and if we take her as an example of their kind, they're very different from the Dead Apostles.  For one thing, the True Ancestors would sooner seal themselves away for eternity in their Marble Phantasms rather than succumb to the desire to drink blood and go insane.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:22:09 AM by Cursed by Creation »