Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474622 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 11, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
EMIYA SHIROU

A self-depreciating sneer formed on the archer’s face as Lawrence tried to talk his way around the fact that he thought his passenger was a murderous vigilante. Shirou generally didn’t interact with the common people he so often fought to save, but this wasn’t the first time he had inspired such a reaction. Even Luvia had been concerned for him. Tohsaka had yelled at him a few times for not looking after himself, but after his hair started greying, the few times they met she never spoke much and her expression was always distant.

“I fight to save people,” he said, his brow creasing as he concentrated on pronouncing the English words properly. He wished Luvia was around for him to practice with, for all her teasing she rarely laughed at his struggle to learn the confusing language. The first time he had visited and English speaking country the locals either found his speech hilarious or incomprehensible.

Shirou declined the offer of a drink as well as he watched the city’s nighttime lights pass by in the window. Alcohol was a taste he had no interest in acquiring.

"Yeah, I get that, but what about people like me ya know? Wrong place wrong time? Shit, if it wasn't for - for a lucky break, I'd be dead. Splinter of metal nearly hit my heart. Thank god for milsurp..." Lawrence quieted down a bit. "Shyrow, you wanna know something really fucked up?"

Are you going to tell him about me?

No.

"You did hit someone with that. Old homeless guy. While I was pulling some metal out of my jacket, he was dead. I think it was quick at least." Lawrence placed his finger on his temple and made a whooosh sound. "Shard right through the dome. Then... shit, I dunno. Something took the body, into the sewers. Looked like a skinned dog-thing." Law tapped the steering wheel. "This place is fucking giving me the creeps."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 11, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »
Tar

Henry grunted in affirmation at Saber's to the point introduction of the girl. She was a mage then? No, he shouldn't assume she was the same kind of mage he was familiar with. To him, magic was magic, but he was still attentive and experienced enough to know not all mages in the Nexus operated in the same fashion. Some bent reality, some used it. He gave himself a moment to wonder if she was actually from the same world as Saber, as they appeared somewhat familiar with each other, but shook it off.

The demon couldn't entirely approve of bringing more people they weren't originally counting on to the crime scene, but arguing with Saber would be a stubborn and likely fruitess effort in regards to this. Not that he would, if it actually helped catch whatever had caused the carnage in the place.

"Detective Henry Barthow, Miss Tohsaka." He said to Rin, extending his hand to her with a professional almost-smile.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 11, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »
Mia

Mia gave Forest a small smile and nodded her head at the reaffirmation. Then she was lifted into the metal box by Forest, she could have gotten into it herself, and a strap was put around her.

She looked around in the box with wonder. She had never seen something like this. She saw Forests get into the seat next to her, the one with a wheel in front of it.

Then the box roared causing Mia to jump a bit in her seat, before she relaxed when nothing else happened.

Then the music started playing and Mia tried to look for who was playing it. It was very confusing.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 11, 2014, 11:27:52 PM »
"THAT'S RIGHT, YOU MOTHERS! RUN!" Puck howled as he swung around his chestnut burr furiously into the empty space.

This girl wasn't quite bad at all. She could surely give Guts quite a bit of a challenge herself.

"You're not quite bad yourself, kiddo."

Mordred

"You sure bark louder than your size. Don't call me a kiddo, you flying chihuahua." she argued with the small but annoying hob, but maybe that was for her good. Engaged in 'small talk' like that, she did not have time to mope over her 'loss' against the mad warrior and her flight. Also she did vent off her frustration on those Briarwolves.

"Better see what've got here. Coupnettles and Buggleworths. And even Amaranthines!" She pointed at Goblin Fruits, though not all of them were fruits actually as the name would suggest. Coupnettles were leafy plants used for making tea after all. She harvested 10 Goblin Fruits, two Amaranthines, two Coupnettles, six Buggleworths before they heard howls again. "I bloody knew it..."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »
Sarse

"Ah. so you're very into this 'date'?" Ann's arm wrapped around the angel as she slowly made her way towards the store. "I'm afraid you'll have to choose for me or I just might buy everything."

The angel let himself chuckle as she drew close. At this point, he might as well. Just because the order was all over didn't mean they couldn't have some fun while distracting themselves. Or specificially, distracting himself from her possessive declaration earlier.

"We'll manage, I think." He said.

After roughly twenty minute in the electronics shop and enduring Ann's blazing need to fiddle with everything that she found the slighest interest in (which included him, particularly when he was already at the point of squirming from the looks he was gettings), they had achieved what they'd gone there for. Ann now possessed a black latest gen phone, and they had exchanged numbers. And taken a selfie. Which he thought had come out with his smile kinda crooked.

"Is the Property of Ann really necessary?" Sarse dared asked, pausing mid bite of his lasagna to look at Ann. Purchase done, the two were now enjoying a meal at a restaurant on the upper floor of the shopping center.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 12, 2014, 01:15:24 AM »
Ann

"Is the Property of Ann really necessary?"

A smirk plastered Ann's face as she ignored her food in favor of stealing from Sarse's dish. "Of course it's-" She suddenly stopped and began to look confused for the first time she had since she had met Sarse.

There was a presence approaching this location. Ann wasn't someone who could usually sense entities but no System could ever hide from another and this one was so close to a System, but most importantly it felt like her. That was impossible but stranger things had happened. "I'll be right back."

The color of her body was quickly shifted to grey before warping and contorting into the shape of an owl. In an instant it had gained a lustrous black color for its feathers before flying out of the shopping center. It quickly flew towards the presence until she saw where the presence was located. It was moving relatively quickly in a car, so Ann flew further ahead before landing in the middle of the street and reverting to the human Shell. From there she waved with one hand as the car approached but with the other she materialized her scythe.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2014, 01:31:39 AM »
Rin

Quote from: Saber
She went up to Henry and said, "This is Tohsaka Rin.  She is an acquaintance of mine and a magus of renown.  She maybe able to assist us."
Quote from: Tar
"Detective Henry Barthow, Miss Tohsaka." He said to Rin, extending his hand to her with a professional almost-smile.
Rin couldn't help but feel pride and warmth blossom in her at Saber referring to her as "a magus of renown." It took her some effort to keep from grinning. ...Though looking at the Detective, that made it a bit easier. He seemed wary of her, but he was being friendly enough for now, so...

"Pleasure to meet you, Detective." She took his hand and shook it, putting on her best School Idol smile.

Quote from: Saber
Saber gestured to the blood and the dead boy.  She asked, "Do you have any ideas on what could have done this, Rin?"
Rin's smile was wiped clear off her face. Grimly, she looked over at the corpse and the puddles of blood spatter. She could feel some blood draining from her face, but... well, she had seen death before, thanks to the Grail War. She'd manage.

"That's way too much blood just to have come from the boy. There were other bodies here. But... I'm not feeling any excess prana, or seeing any traces of magecraft. Either this was caused by something not magical, or this magus is really good at covering their tracks." She carefully looked over the crime scene again before turning back to Saber. "There's not much I can get from this beyond that, just from looking anyway. I suppose the best place to start is why some of the bodies are missing without a trace despite all the blood being left behind. Especially with no drag marks. It's just like they vanished."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:26:50 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2014, 03:56:23 AM »
"Oh, FUCK!"

She wasn't like Forest. Forest did not breathe, was formerly among the living. She wasn't like Mia. Mia lived, her nature twisted and her age beyond that of what she should be by far too much. Both were off, but they were at the very least on a level he could understand. This... this was on another scale. He felt his mind shut down to prevent the weight of eons registering further than it already had. She looked like eternity personified. Cold void. He'd felt a chill like that only once.

That was when he died, and the Driver had told death to back the fuck off.

Law hammered his foot down on the brake, twisting the wheel and sending the Firebird into a controlled slide to bleed as much speed as possible so he wouldn't hit... Death? The grim reaper? Some crazy weaboo with magic?

The fuck is she!?

I do not know her. She is not like me. She is not like the Cthonic lords. She does not hold the mantle of the underworld upon her.

That'd be far more useful if I knew what the fuck you meant by that.

The Firebird spun to a halt an inch in front of the girlthing, Law starting to hyperventilate. Especially when he realized he'd swung to a halt with the driver side facing her. So much for jumping out the window and making a run for it.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2014, 05:22:57 AM »
Time
Grenth

As flames from the explosion flickered over the wall, Grenth stood up. He was panting heavily.

“I am incredibly,” He took a breath in the middle of the sentence, “out of practice it seems.”  He finished, panting some more.

It had been a long time since he had created that much ice infused with that much power. The ice would remain for some time. He felt the power of the beast dissipated, death having reached him.

He sent out a mental command to his minions in the sewers, to bring his body to his basement. There he would draw back the soul of the monster and make it suffer its punishment. But for now he did not have the energy or desire to do such a thing.

his armor dissipating in place of his peacoat and fedora, his cane being appear in his right hand has it tapped the ground, "Well, that was a bother."

He looked over to the swordsmen,“Hypothermia?" He asked calmly, the signs were obvious due to Grenth with his extensive medical knowledge. "Hmm, shall we fix that?" he did not wait for affirmation and simply waved his hand at Time.

The curse Grenth just cast was suppose to cause someone's blood to heat up and start boiling, a rather painful way to die. But Grenth adjusted it, putting in only enough to keep his body at normal temperatures.

So when the curse hit Time, rather then causing an agonizing death, it instead began to warm to its normal temperature. Protecting him from the effects of the cold while also making sure to not put his body from into shock due to a sudden change in temperature.

It should dissipate once the man arrived in more favorable conditions.

The creature has expired, Time could feel it instinctively past the wall. He didn't need to see the explosion past the frosty sturdy ice. Looking over at the magician's direction, it appears that he has strained himself from the recent spellcasting. Not that it was needed for something like this, but at least this person had the courtesy to provide protection this time.

Suddenly Time felt a sudden warmth. The shivering gradually stopped as he shrugged up his shoulders to enjoy this welcoming sensation.

"Thanks for that," he smiled back at the magus. Maybe he isn't too bad after all.

"So what now for you?"

Puck

You sure bark louder than your size. Don't call me a kiddo, you flying chihuahua." she argued with the small but annoying hob, but maybe that was for her good. Engaged in 'small talk' like that, she did not have time to mope over her 'loss' against the mad warrior and her flight. Also she did vent off her frustration on those Briarwolves.

"Oi, girly. Who you calling a flying chihuahua?" mock derision graced his features as he smacked the chestnut burr at Mordred at her cheek. Not that it would hurt, but it'd sting a little bit.

She harvested 10 Goblin Fruits, two Amaranthines, two Coupnettles, six Buggleworths before they heard howls again. "I bloody knew it..."

"Reinforcements, eh?" Puck huffed at the noise, "I'd run now if I were ya. Wouldn't want those furballs to sink into that nice skin of yours."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:26:05 AM by Puck-Chan »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 13, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »
EMIYA SHIROU

Shirou frowned at the mention of Law almost being killed in the explosion, and of an old man who was. It was strange, he hadn’t seen anybody besides Forest in the area when he had attacked. Perhaps they had been behind a building, or had the Nexus’ abnormal time-space acted up? He knew that civilian casualties were a possibility when causing explosions in an urban area, but offing a probable Dead Apostle was certainly worth the risk, and he had waited days for a good shot with no innocents nearby.

Then it turned out the strange woman he had tried to kill might not be what he thought she was after all, something that concerned him.

The freelancer was interrupted from his musings when a woman armed with a scythe that sent chills down his spine appeared in the road before them from out of nowhere. Lawrence reacted instantly, swearing loudly while swerving the car to the side and slamming on the brakes, stopping the vehicle as fast as possible. Even before the car came to a complete stop, Shirou had unbuckled and opened the door, hoping out onto the open road while automatically preparing to trace Kanshou and Bakuya.

Moving around the Firebird, Shirou’s eyes narrowed at the young woman standing next to the driver’s side door. It was difficult to make her out in the poor street lighting, but something about her and the weapon she was holding set him off. The air smelled of rotting corpses and his mouth pressed into a grim line.

A truck pulled up behind the halted car, headlights illuminating Law inside the Firebird, and Shirou couldn’t help but wince. He hoped this situation would be resolved before any bystanders involved themselves.

DAVID ARCHER

A familiar vibration in his pocket caught David's attention. He pulled out the phone and swiped at the screen to answer the call.

"What."

"We've got something, a dimensional shift we only recorded once before," a slightly nervous male voice spoke into his ear.

"Is it worth looking into?" David said with a slightly exasperated tone.

"It originated from this side of the Nexus." David blinked and his eyebrows rose slightly at this news. This was exactly the sort of thing he was looking for.

"Where is it?" he asked curtly.

"The same place we recorded it last time. It happened almost ten minutes ago, I tried to call sooner but you were in an area that doesn't get much reception." The blond man swore, such a delay could cost him this opportunity. It wasn't the other man's fault, the Nexus was a hodgepodge of random bits of architecture from alternate dimensions and periods in time thrown in at random. Despite the efforts of several volunteer groups and corporations there were still significant gaps in cellular service.

"I know the park. It has reception so contact me immediately if you read anything like it again, understand?"

"Y-yes, I understand."

The former SAS officer ended the call and slid the phone back into his buttoned coat pocket. Accelerating to a jog, he looked like any other man out on the streets at night trying to get back home before turning into a shadowed alley and vanishing from view.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:41:41 AM by Kaze »
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 13, 2014, 02:19:17 AM »
Mordred

"I don't have time to play around, you large fly" she was pretty annoyed by the little imp prancing around and distracting her while they had to run as quickly as they could. "There's more of them, so better keep up!"

Mordred ran as fast she could in hopes to get away from the place. All she had to do was to follow the country road. It most likely lead to another place in the city, so she hoped there would not be any nasty surprise awaiting her wherever she ended up.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 13, 2014, 02:48:25 AM »
Rider held on to Sakura firmly but gently, listening to her words with sympathy as she gradually fell to sleep in Rider's arms.

"Goodnight, Sakura. Sleep well...", she said, affectionately, as the girl finally nodded off, her legs now wrapped around Rider's waist.

Once she had fallen asleep, Rider climbed down off Pegasus, careful to avoid jolting and awakening Sakura, and then desummoned the flying horse. It didn't cost much prana to maintain once summoned, but she couldn't use it in this state without Bellerophon, and that did cost prana. Plus, whilst Rider knew Sakura's current state was not dangerous, she still wanted to reduce the prana drain on her as much as possible. Rider also wanted to change back into her casual outfit, but that would have to wait until she had returned home and put Sakura safely to bed.

One thing had confused her about Sakura's final words before falling asleep, though.

"That man wouldn’t hurt me, Rider, don’t worry. He would never do that, I promise...”, she had said.

Why had she been so sure? Sure, he'd not made any attempt to attack Sakura, but that was presumably because Rider was the bigger threat. Maybe he would have left Sakura alone, but she couldn't possibly know that for certain.

Before she could ponder it further, though, Caster spoke once more.

“Rider, please, use your brain. It was clear that the man’s focus was solely directed at you, and you alone. And frankly, your flagrant wastefulness of prana is shocking. I mean, I’m not a prana jew, but we did you really need to summon the phantasmal beast to fly home? Really?” he said, condescendingly. “I can understand the use of it while you were fighting me, but dammit woman, all I am asking of you is to think of Sakura next time you want to ride on your pony", he finished, turning to walk towards their house.

Rider glared at his back as she followed him home.

"Firstly, Pegasus is not just some 'pony'. Technically, he is my son. Do not speak of him in such an insulting manner. Secondly. I did not summon him for the fun of it, I did so in order that Sakura could get home quicker and more comfortably. Yes, in hindsight it was an error, but I did not expect us to be attacked, and just summoning him to fly home would have had no real effect on Sakura at all. I do not waste prana, although I will admit I am not as frugal as I could be. I am used to being Sakura's only servant, and this is honestly the first time I have ever seen Sakura like this due to prana deprivation. Well, since the Grail War, anyway.... In future, I will be more careful to take into account the increased drain the two of us put on her when using my more prana-intensive abilities.

As for the enemy, yes, true, his focus was solely on me at that point, but how can you be so sure it would have remained that way? Further, had I died or abandoned her, Sakura would have been devestated. I did not wish to use my Noble Phantasm in that way, but unfortunately circumstances forced my hand. I knew Sakura could survive it, and it was the best way to get us all to safety. Yes, it has caused her some temporary discomfort, which I feel extremely bad about, but she is alive, and no long-term harm has been caused, physical or mental. Sakura regenerates prana far faster than most magi, she will wake up tomorrow and be back to normal", she said.

"Anyway, enough of this. Let us get back to wherever it is you are living and let Sakura get some well-earned rest. We can discuss this when she is in bed, if necessary", she finished.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:22:02 AM by Cherry Lover »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 13, 2014, 03:42:43 AM »
Faust sighed, half listening to Rider as he walked. She’s so long winded, will she ever shut up? She just goes on and on and on. Oh? Is she finally finishing up? Thank God. “Heh” Well, I guess I’m last person who should be praising the lord...

Without turning to face Rider, Faust began to speak. “Rider, do you really think I’m unaware of Sakura’s abnormal prana levels? I’ve only been contracted with her for three years, do you think I’m an idiot?

But yes, I agree, enough of this. It has gone on long enough, we should try and learn to at least... tolerate each other. Let’s get a move on now, we’ll arrive at the mansion soon enough. I think we both want to get Sakura to bed, it’s been quite a night.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 13, 2014, 05:27:06 AM »
Three years, really? That explains why she was so desperate to contract with me. She must be missing home so much.

Poor girl....

"I was not aware Sakura had been here for that long. She must really be missing her family, especially Shirou", Rider said, sadly.

Then, she paused for a moment, before addressing his second point.

"And, I care only about protecting Sakura, and giving her the life she deserves. As long as your presence is in her best interests, I shall tolerate it without complaint. Now, let us get Sakura home", she said.

Rider continued following Caster back to the mansion, holding on to Sakura as you might hold a young child, trying her hardest to make her as comfortable as possible.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2014, 07:19:15 AM »
This is not the city of Albion. There were no fires, no sounds of gunfire. There is no war going on. There are civilians walking the streets.

This is not the city of Albion.

Elyssa couldn't wrap her head around this. How can this be possible? Not even magic is capable of teleportation!

A woman screaming pulled her back to the here and now. She was in an unknown location, drawing the local populace's attention on herself. Albeit, she is an eight foot tall golem, but there is a large difference to stacking to the shadows and standing in the middle of the street covered in blood. Protocol dictates that she is to immediately retreat and find cover.

And with that, Elyssa flowed mana into the Shadow Rune. Her form became nearly invisible as she dashed back into the alleyway.