Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474185 times)

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1905 on: March 09, 2015, 06:18:42 PM »
"No! Nonono, I'm not pulling your leg! I'm totally serious! He even has a daugther named Kokonoe!" Noel leaned close in and put her hand up to her face; she looked around furtively before she spoke. "You know," She began in a loud whisper that wouldn't fool anyone. "I hear she likes to take people..." Looking around one final time for who knows what, she dropped the bombshell of the century: "Modify people."
Mathew played along, taking a none-to-serious look around the apartment from his seat. "Why are we whispering?" he, of course, whispered back.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 09, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »
Than'Sanel
The angel turned to answer Sanel as he kept up a firm stride, "I left my personal vehicle in the vicinity yesterday. I'd rather have it close by, and not just because leaving it where I can't use it would defeat the purpose."

"Come on," he called out to the man with him.
The young man in green's attention was drawn elsewhere, focusing on the collapsed part of the mall. He could sense that his saproling-born supports were helping the law and safety enforcers deal with the remaining issues, but he felt a twinge of regret. Had he been well-rested rather than just freshly Planes-walked, he could have been more useful to stop that thing from harming innocents in any way.

"Sarse, do you mind if I stepped in and checked on the supports I crafted? Perhaps I could offer something to the law enforcers that they don't have available."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 09, 2015, 08:44:46 PM »
Noel

"No! Nonono, I'm not pulling your leg! I'm totally serious! He even has a daugther named Kokonoe!" Noel leaned close in and put her hand up to her face; she looked around furtively before she spoke. "You know," She began in a loud whisper that wouldn't fool anyone. "I hear she likes to take people..." Looking around one final time for who knows what, she dropped the bombshell of the century: "Modify people."
Mathew played along, taking a none-to-serious look around the apartment from his seat. "Why are we whispering?" he, of course, whispered back.

Noel froze like a statue as if she had just been caught red handed doing something bad. She sat there for several seconds before she finally blinked and answered: "I-I don't know, haha." She paused for a minute and continued. "But, you can never be too careful, you know?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 10, 2015, 12:49:32 AM »
Vanguard

Vanguard had been interrupted, a crashing blow sent him crashing to the ground by none other than that woman. Her strength was admirable, but he now realized she could become quite troublesome. He knew that he would be unable to match her, thus he needed to thread lightly.

“…Yes. I suppose you could take the actions I have taken against this man to be an insult. But please, do tell, does this foolishness deserve anything but insult and shame?” Vanguard asked, his metal body emerging from the earth. The once proud and shining armour was now slowly crumbling, none of it’s shining beauty or pride.

“I know this foolishness more than anyone, the desire to topple and to reach new heights. It is this very will that made me, forged my strength and kept me alive for many, many years. Could you guess what became of it?” He responded by grabbing hold of his shattered metal body, his cold and bitter words matching the woman’s chill.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:50:14 AM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 10, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »
The ninja's eyes narrowed and mouth slowly gaped as his opponent appeared to be struuggling. It was evident that she was bleeding badly, and the more this fight went on the more she was losing her edge. It would have been so easy to rush at her this instant and slit her throat, but that... would simply not bring any satisfaction.

As an assassin, Ito was thaught to always fight his opponents when they were at a clear disadvantage, to finish them off like animals once weakened enough. That was what the old man always instructed, but you see, there was no more old man. Ito wished for a good battle, and it was clear his opponent was not at her best.

Stopping, he siged before picking up a kunai, twirling it between his fingers. He had now stopped smiling or laughing, his face was as flat and bored as one's could get. Almost... melancolic. Ito looked at his opponent, and sighed.

"Hey, don't be stupid. You keep going and you'll die." He calmly spoke, his stance loosening up as he tossed a kunai in front of the girl.

Attached to the kunai was a strange herb attached to the knife with a thin web-like string. "Medicine. Nothing much, but it can stop the pain."

Mordred

"I.. don't... need your pity" she glared at her opponent, still bleeding out. She hated that, as it reminded her of the past. That day when she was spared by someone whom she hated most. But, she had little strength in her to retaliate. Propping up herself on the spear, all she could do was stand. Her spear deactivated and the fiery circle of thorns dissipated. "I will remember your face, you bastard, and pay you back twice when we meet again." she declared, intent to avenge her humiliation. She would not make use of his "gift". Even if she was unable to fight anymore in this condition, she had survived worse wounds.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:26 AM »
Suiren

“You failed, but that does not make that will anything less. The will to surpass all else, the will to continue on, the will to fight against all odds, those are to be commended, no matter where it leads.” Suiren said.

“Listen to me, Vanguard.” She said his name for the first time, “I am the one who with only these fists will reach the pinnacle. The pinnacle only few have seen. But that is not enough. With all my ‘foolish’ will I will keep climbing and reaching, and surpass that peak. I will transcend the heavens and go beyond!” She declared.

She held out one of her fists, parallel with the ground, pointing it at him. "The highest peak where only gods walk. With these hands I will reach it, and then push further to hights never known, beyond belief, beyond understanding. I will surpass all things and become one who rules over all of heaven and earth."

"For I am the mightiest! For I am the Greatest!" She declared as the light began to dance around her form.

"AND THESE HANDS WILL PROVE IT" She yelled, swinging down her fist, the air and earth shaking from the force.

“So tell me," she suddenly got very quiet her hair covering her eyes, "AM I FOOLISH TO YOU!?” Her head raised, showing her burning eyes, filled with fury and rage, as she yelled out. And with her voice and anger the world around her shook.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 10, 2015, 02:21:21 AM »
Butler

The butler clapped.

Sitting dandily on top of debris, overlooking the site of destruction wrought by the two warriors, a man chuckled softly. It wasn't an arrogant chuckle, but one of awe as much as respect. His tall, lean form shook with his mirth as his gloved hands proclaimed his enjoyment, the single man audience of this clash of wills and powers. There was no smile on his unchanging skull of a face, but anyone who looked at him would have the impression his lips were curling up from the shadows that stretched around his teeth. His uncovered eye socket shone with a willful light, observing the situation.

Butler clapped for the woman and the man trapped in an armor.

"Marvelous words. Such dedication. Such resolve," he exclaimed, and he stopped clapping. Looking directly at the two, he grasped the cane by his side in his left hand and hopped down. "The will to pursue one's ambitions is visible in more than your words, my lady. Allow me to commend you for that."

Slowly, he gave a curt bow before lifting his gaze to the two.

"I am Butler. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:23:41 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 10, 2015, 02:44:01 AM »
The young man in green's attention was drawn elsewhere, focusing on the collapsed part of the mall. He could sense that his saproling-born supports were helping the law and safety enforcers deal with the remaining issues, but he felt a twinge of regret. Had he been well-rested rather than just freshly Planes-walked, he could have been more useful to stop that thing from harming innocents in any way.

"Sarse, do you mind if I stepped in and checked on the supports I crafted? Perhaps I could offer something to the law enforcers that they don't have available."

Sarse

Hearing that request, the seraphim studied Than'Sanel's face for a moment, and smiled. With a whispered word, his bike stopped and he stopped it to sit down more comfortably.

"Not at all. Go on," he said. "And take your time."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:14 AM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald
The Proditione Marquette

It was nearly time, noon had come and gone and the afternoon sun was high in the sky as Kayneth began to make call after call.

If he wanted his gathering to be a success he needed to act quickly and precisely, in order to target the most influential people he could find.

For most people creating such a gathering would take weeks of effort and a very large sum of cash, but for Kayneth, he knew the preciseness and just how specific he would need to be in order to accomplish the goal in just one afternoon with the resources he had on hand.

"Yes... Have you not hear my name before? You dare to beseech my family's honor?... Yes that is exactly what I intend... No it should not take longer than just a few minutes... Precisely... Very well then... I shall await your arrival with baited breath. I will not forget this..."

Creating something akin to a press conference was not easy, but Kayneth intended to accomplish it as quickly as he could.

Now only one more event waited before him.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 10, 2015, 01:06:03 PM »
Suiren

“You failed, but that does not make that will anything less. The will to surpass all else, the will to continue on, the will to fight against all odds, those are to be commended, no matter where it leads.” Suiren said.

“Listen to me, Vanguard.” She said his name for the first time, “I am the one who with only these fists will reach the pinnacle. The pinnacle only few have seen. But that is not enough. With all my ‘foolish’ will I will keep climbing and reaching, and surpass that peak. I will transcend the heavens and go beyond!” She declared.

She held out one of her fists, parallel with the ground, pointing it at him. "The highest peak where only gods walk. With these hands I will reach it, and then push further to hights never known, beyond belief, beyond understanding. I will surpass all things and become one who rules over all of heaven and earth."

"For I am the mightiest! For I am the Greatest!" She declared as the light began to dance around her form.

"AND THESE HANDS WILL PROVE IT" She yelled, swinging down her fist, the air and earth shaking from the force.

“So tell me," she suddenly got very quiet her hair covering her eyes, "AM I FOOLISH TO YOU!?” Her head raised, showing her burning eyes, filled with fury and rage, as she yelled out. And with her voice and anger the world around her shook.

The ground shaken and Gintoki nearly tripped. Honestly, that was so inconsiderate given there was a wounded man like Gin-san nearby. That woman was even more immature than Gintoki who was a boy at heart, still reading Jump even at age when he should be already a responsible adult.

"Hey, I guess you like your speeches about friendship, effort and victory, but mind people around you. A wounded man almost lost his balance because of you being chuuni. I already have to mind my sugar levels, I don't want to break something important to me. And to be honest, I don't really care about you being Demon King of Sixth Heaven, Supreme Ruler of Century's End or whatever, I will sue you if it happens."

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:14:25 PM by Kat »

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 10, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald
The Proditione Marquette

"Excuse me, is the esteemed Valencia Nostradamus here? I wish to speak with him at once."

"And you are?"

"Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald, ninth head of the household Archibald." From his hand he held out a small silver card and bowed his head slightly showing he meant business towards the butler who had happened to open the door.

The instant the servant's hand touche the card a shock-wave ran through his body and the butler's eyes became clouded as he graciously accepted the credentials.

"Very well sir, if you would please wait a moment I shall go fetch the master."

"Of course."

After a few moments had passed a very well dressed young man who bore a look of nobility and boredom walk into the decorated living room.

"This better not be a waste of time, I'm very busy man, Kayneth."

The stranger known as Valencia shot eyes full of daggers straight at Kayneth, but Kayneth was not one to buckle to such mundane pressures.

"No of course not, as I'm sure you are well aware of, I would only come if it carried the utmost of urgency. You see, I have recently arrived in this town and wish to reinstate my name. It is therefore that I have come towards you so that I may broker a deal with myself."

The violent stare turned into one of stunned disbelief.

"Ha! This is far too good. You wish to use me? The heir to the Nostradamus fortune? You expect ME? To lie down like some rabid dog? I was merely expecting some paltry salesman attempting to get a glimpse at my money but this is too good. Now get out of here before the humor that you have presented me with fades and my ill temper returns."

Yet Kayneth refused to move, he continued to eye Valencia giving him a look of paltry concern.

"No sir Valencia, I believe it is you who is mistaken. This was not an invitation, this was a notice of your eviction."

Valencia's face turned to make eye contact in order for his head to receive such an insane comment, but by then it was too late.

"Though you may be from a long lineage you do not possess the same capabilities as my own family. It is therefore that I intend to accept tribute from yourself and your parents so that I may regain a sense of lineage of my own. Do I make myself clear?"

"...Yes, sir Kayneth... I will begin to make preparations at once..."

"Excellent, now I must be going, there are others who I intend to delight with my presence, if you'll excuse me."

"...Of course..."

This was the third noble already, whoever these people were they had come here for reasons unknown to Kayneth. However, he knew the lineage's after researching various names and reports about people of stature in the city.

Sons who were off living the grand life away from their parents, wives in the process of a long and complicated divorce from their estranged husbands, even younger children being kept in a home away from home. These were the reasons Kayneth decided to make this hotel his above all others.

With no real name of stature to call upon in this other world he needed to act quickly and decisively.

And he intended to do so before the evening newscasts began to air.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 10, 2015, 09:17:27 PM »
Mia

When PARIAH got off Mia she quickly rolled over making her face upward and began to take deep breaths. “No… more… piggybacks.” Mia said between breaths. 

Then she slowly got up and Silver vanished from her hands. She turned to look at the hotel, “Now, I think we should start setting up our game, ok?”

Crest

“Just let me finish eating, and then we can head out.” Crest said while chewing on some meet. It was a long time since he had proper shelter. He was going to enjoy it for as long as he could.

He then took a sip of water. Before tending to more of the meat that was still cooking on the flames.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 10, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
"Oh? So you wish to reach that degenerate peak as well?" Vanguard sneered in a sickly tone, sadness filling his voice despite the sheer anger of she who stood before him.

Approaching her, he looked down and grabbed onto the woman's shoulder, a cold metal hand gripping tightly. For a second, that very cold armour almost seemed warm. But what was most gripping was his voice, of a dull yet sad monotone echo.

"Listen, you are not foolish, far from it: I admire your spirit, your strength and your will. Words without purpose are meaningless, but purpose without strength is worthless. That is why you, who can display such a pure strength of mind, body and spirit, cannot be foolish."

Waving his hand to the white haired man, Vanguard's tone grew angrier, as if that man's very existence insulted him, made him uneasy. It was somewhat clear he could not let go of that man's defiance, a defiance that was all but too familiar to him...

"But that man, who lacked the power to accomplish anything, is not unlike an infant trying to defy a dragon. Without any strength to change his fate, he will only die meaninglessly. There is no beauty in a futile struggle, one cannot change or protect anything if dead, that is why that man's destiny cannot be anything but loss. While hope may bring strength in one's heart, one must one day realize when that very hope is but fantasy. That is the sad truth of this world..."

"That is why I will not allow this man to defy the heavens. The only one who is to carry such a sin is me. I alone will reach the top, and change this degenerate world into one where none have to suffer the burden of fate ever again. With these hands, I will make sure none will ever have to feel the despair of powerlessness ever again!

"That is why I, Vanguard, will carry on and change this world as I see fit!", he roared in defiance, his own will clashing with the woman's.

"Empress, you will fall like many have, for as long as the chains of destiny bind us, there can be no true winner. I alone will go against the world's will, and win where I have lost. If you truly wish to rise to the top, you will need to defy both the world and I."

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:35:49 PM by francobull3 »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 10, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »
Mordred

"I.. don't... need your pity" she glared at her opponent, still bleeding out. She hated that, as it reminded her of the past. That day when she was spared by someone whom she hated most. But, she had little strength in her to retaliate. Propping up herself on the spear, all she could do was stand. Her spear deactivated and the fiery circle of thorns dissipated. "I will remember your face, you bastard, and pay you back twice when we meet again." she declared, intent to avenge her humiliation. She would not make use of his "gift". Even if she was unable to fight anymore in this condition, she had survived worse wounds.

"You..." Ito growled, unamused by that woman's bravado. Faster than ever before, he vanished before reappearing right before mordred, a blade grazing her throat. It didn't look like he even unsheated it, it was simply... there, grasped in his hand and ready to cut. For a second, his furious eyes brimmed with madness, and he whispered so softly, one would barely hear what he'd say.

"Listen, the one reason your pretty head is still attached your body is because you are strong, your little display moved me enough to have you gain my respect. Keep this up, and I may change my mind..."

Suddenly, he blurred once more, not unlike smoke slipping away in a hair's breath. Now standing atop a lightpole, he glared at the woman like a thousand blades. Without any visible movement, his blade was sheated onc again. His scarf flowing under the wind like a sickening appendage, for the instant it covered Ito's face, it ended up revealing a much calmer visage.

Now smiling as if he was a good friend having a pleasant chat, he waved at the woman. "Well, hope your words are more than just bark. Anyhoooow, you still haven't given me your name. You know, N-A-M-E. You have one, don't you?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 11, 2015, 12:21:58 AM »
Ann

The blue eyed woman let out a breathy sigh as the teen licked her slit and lapped up the mixed juices from her core. She was quite satisfied with this little game and while Adjutor may have lacked experience he was diligent. As he continued to clean up any of the juices she rewarded him with several bursts of pleasure while she slowly suppressed her own ecstasy. After all it would be a waste to have fluids dripping down her thighs again.

Ann continued these small flares of euphoria until she was sure the teen was on the brink. Then she suddenly stopped just as she slowly pulled his head away from her slit and reformed her cloak. "Well, that was enjoyable, wasn't it?"

PARIAH

The virus watched as his sister rose and stated that there would be no more piggyback rides. When she talked about setting up the game he nodded eagerly but his face was filled with confusion. He had never played with his food before, so he looked up at his sister and asked, "How do we set up the game?"

Caedia

As the Arisen waited for her companion to finish eating a thought came to her. A bothersome question that had annoyed her since last night where she had fought that creature with Crest. The magick archer had seen many fascinating things in her life. A scythe that killed any living being that touched its blade, an arrow woven from the light of god, and a dagger that could kill those who could not die, but never had she seen something like that Rejection.

It confounded her, and if she disliked being confused. So she looked at her compatriot and asked, "Crest, what was that ability you used in that building last night and how does it work?"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:33:07 AM by Umbra of Chaos »