Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310300 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6180 on: May 02, 2014, 05:39:26 AM »
Kinda felt like Jack needed it.
Jack could use the hug yeah.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6181 on: May 02, 2014, 07:03:42 AM »
To Alice and Kaiza, alright you guys can respond now. I think whichever wants to go first is fine with me. Mudou and Shezar's bickering is bound to attract one of your attentions at least I'd expect so.
I'm working on my post as I type. I do want to find Alice's last post with Rei, though...
That's what I get for being away for so long...

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6182 on: May 02, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
OK, posted.
Now, all that's left is Alice's reply and her reaction to our two pals coming in.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: May 02, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »
I should mention that Vatler never destroyed the main source of ice and Grigori never dispelled the sigils. It's going to keep growing for a while. Someone should take care of that before it covers a few buildings.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: May 02, 2014, 10:38:13 PM »
I seem to have been entirely left behind, I feel a bit cheated.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6185 on: May 02, 2014, 10:42:24 PM »
post faster

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: May 02, 2014, 10:50:42 PM »
There is also the fact that no one wants to deal with someone who has EX Rank in END, AGI, and SPD. If it makes you feel better we could have just cast our magic real fast and went to fuck around on a skyscraper.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6187 on: May 02, 2014, 10:55:47 PM »
There is also the fact that no one wants to deal with someone who has EX Rank in END, AGI, and SPD.

Much less when he has literally no reason to have it. Direction conversion of P3 stats into (useless) Nasu stats is not only borderline stupid, it also converts P3MC from a reasonably strong character to a near-godmode killing machine who has a weapon that can cut anything.

Basically what we're trying to imply is that while your sheet for P3MC isn't neccesarily bad, it's just 100% wonky because you have accidentally made him pretty much the strongest character in the entire RP, and that's saying something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:00:59 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: May 02, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »
Stronger than damn Satoshi.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: May 02, 2014, 11:18:21 PM »
I was just going to say that I got hit by that first beam and got sent flying. Then reply with violence.

Against pure magic types who can cast at the speed of thought apparently, superior stats mean little, especially in an RP like this one.

(Plus the chance of him falling over for no reason, or if he takes a crit, or if you hit his weakness with any amount of force.)

Isn't the rule here to basically ignore stats in favor of whatever makes for the best fight anyway?

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: May 02, 2014, 11:24:14 PM »
...Not really?

I mean Gil's strength stat is A++ and he can punch mountains into little pieces. Even then, it's not EX, like your stats. EX means unquantifiable, something that surpasses anything before it, etc. Ea is EX rank because it has the power to destroy the world with a single swing - the magicians that have EX magic operate on a level that no one but them can understand, and so on. Basically, being EX ranked means you are the shit, the big thing, etc. That definitely counts for something, just like C or B ranks being weaker magic than A, being weaker strength than A, and so on.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:31:43 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: May 02, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »
I was just going to say that I got hit by that first beam and got sent flying. Then reply with violence.

Against pure magic types who can cast at the speed of thought apparently, superior stats mean little, especially in an RP like this one.

(Plus the chance of him falling over for no reason, or if he takes a crit, or if you hit his weakness with any amount of force.)

Isn't the rule here to basically ignore stats in favor of whatever makes for the best fight anyway?
Gil and Karna are destroying the city for a reason. They're stats and skills are fucking ridiculous. But 3 EX rank stats? Way too much.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:27:26 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6192 on: May 02, 2014, 11:31:42 PM »
For the record, Gil and Karna have A and A++ strength respectively and can situationally chuck fucking mountains (although this is also partially because they've done that or worse in their legends that we can pull this kind of stuff). EX rankings represent "too powerful to measure", meaning that EX Agility would pretty much allow you to move at close-to-light-speed.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: May 02, 2014, 11:34:22 PM »
Fine, give me a second. I'm gonna nerf his base stats just enough to get rid of those EX's for a while.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: May 02, 2014, 11:41:58 PM »

Not really. The stats aren't used rigidly for anything, but they do give an indication of how strong your character is, and characters should react realistically to things that happen to them.