Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310448 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #7290 on: May 21, 2014, 07:59:44 PM »
No, but I doubt he'd be quite so friendly with someone who he knew was a murderer. Shirou has no issue killing clear bad guys, after all.

In HF his girlfriend basically ate hundreds of people, so he can be friendly with people with issues.

Sakura never willingly killed anyone, though, and he knows she is a good person. That is very definitely not the same thing as willingly murdering innocent people.

I'm not saying Raiga is the nicest guy around, but he is certainly better than Bishie Zouken, especially as a grandparent.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: May 21, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
I mean the alternative would to use her as a womb to produce a suitable matou heir. Which I doubt a lucid and peak Zouken would risk letting her interact with people if that was her only purpose.

What he did was honestly the nicest think Zouken would do in that situation that was IC for him. No worms, no grail fragment, no brainwashing into an almost mindless puppet to serve as a baby maker for her whole life.

He was fucking merciful considering his other options. And he lived up to his bargain with Tokiomi, both his children became heirs to a magus family and lived up to their full potential (at least till Sakura more or less shanked Rin at school during the war).

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: May 21, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
at least till Sakura more or less shanked Rin at school during the war

This will be great. Bishie Zouken second best magus grandpa.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:03:14 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: May 21, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »
I mean the alternative would to use her as a womb to produce a suitable matou heir. Which I doubt a lucid and peak Zouken would risk letting her interact with people if that was her only purpose.

Well, I presume that Tokiomi and even Rin would have noticed Sakura going missing suddenly, plus Japan does presumably have some sort of child services and compulsory education. But, yes, you're basically right.

What he did was honestly the nicest think Zouken would do in that situation that was IC for him.

Again, that is not exactly a high standard....

No worms, no grail fragment, no brainwashing into an almost mindless puppet to serve as a baby maker for her whole life.

Yes, it's better than canon, it's just still pretty shitty on his part. Which makes sense for Zouken, yes, but "slightly less bad than worm-raping young children and gloating about it to your descendant" is still not a particularly glowing reference....

He was fucking merciful considering his other options. And he lived up to his bargain with Tokiomi, both his children became heirs to a magus family and lived up to their full potential (at least till Sakura more or less shanked Rin at school during the war).

Well, again, given how dumb Tokiomi is, living up to the bargain they made is not exactly an example of brilliance.

And, ouch, he really did fuck with Sakura, didn't he...?

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: May 21, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh and by shanked I mean put a bladeworm familiar egg into her, which was hatched and ripped her apart from the inside out.

She took advantage of Rin's kindness like a real magus would.

Zouken was so proud that day, he gave her a pat on the head.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:13:15 PM by Knick »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: May 21, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »
Magnificent. Zouken and Grigori as a team would be wonderful.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:37 PM »
Sakura never willingly killed anyone, though, and he knows she is a good person. That is very definitely not the same thing as willingly murdering innocent people.

Dark Sakura still Sakura. Kotomine never lies.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: May 21, 2014, 08:19:20 PM »
Oh and by shanked I mean put a bladeworm familiar egg into her, which was hatched and ripped her apart from the inside out.

Wow, that is nasty....

She took advantage of Rin's kindness like a real magus would.

Zouken was so proud that day, he gave her a pat on the head.

Yeah, this Sakura doesn't sound nice at all, and nor does this Zouken....

Kotomine never lies but is often misleading. Plus, Dark Sakura killed a grand total of three people, all of whom pretty much deserved to die, so there isn't exactly much for Shirou to hate her for....

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
Hey Mike, it was a fucking war. You don't go to school when your at fucking war. That's just stupid.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: May 21, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »

Neither does Mai'q.

Cookie to whoever gets that joke first.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:22:28 PM by Kurogami »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: May 21, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »
Hey Mike, it was a fucking war. You don't go to school when your at fucking war. That's just stupid.

It's still definitely not a nice thing to do, especially to your own sister, or to someone who is being kind to you.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: May 21, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »
Rin not a Matou. What you talkin about Willis.

Also kindness to a magus is weakness. You really should know that by now.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: May 21, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »
Rin not a Matou. What you talkin about Willis.

You know what I mean....

Also kindness to a magus is weakness. You really should know that by now.

Sure, but magi are assholes, so that is hardly much of a defence. All of the remotely decent magi are ones who don't really follow the path of a magus.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »
Rin is the only decent magus we see that actually follow the path of the magus.

Cause using of magecraft =/= magus. To be a magus you need to follow the path. It is a cultural thing.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: May 21, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
I personally like Kiritsugu's philosophy the best. Kill the few to save the many. Sure you're miserable if you follow it the full way then you'll be miserable but it has a net total good done.

On a side note Mike:
Well would you even like Sakura if the things in canon didn't happen to her? Her past basically crafted her characterization and even appearance so without the traumatc backstory which is what makes Sakura basically Sakura would you still like her as a character?