Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310382 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1530 on: December 03, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
What I don't get is the whole appearing thing, not the disappearing thing. If she's a shadow construct like Sakura's, she'd need to be close to the command center (in this case satoshi/her castle self)to pop up like a weed, and if she's like the wolves she wouldn't exist at all because those were reliant on the whole "it's a dream!" effect of F/HA, and even if we ignore that, the shadow creatures were created off of the remains of previous dead avengers, so unless then was dead chunk of AM in the room she'd have no way of being there. Or, for that case, creating them like she claimed she could.
So how'd she jump out of the woodwork?

And for that, who is she looking like right now? Avenger copies people's appearances, since its real form is just an amorphous shadow. So who's she copying to look like the babe she is?
Actually... that's a fantastic point. How is she even here?

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 03, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
Her body has always been presented that way, it's malleable and clay like, she holds the shape by choice and can dissolve it at any time, it's why she can alter her clothes and features, she is basically the same as grail mud only with less physical mess upon death or release.

Axe Cop doesn't know that. If he did, he wouldn't be holding back for fear of killing her.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 03, 2013, 05:17:37 PM »
What I don't get is the whole appearing thing, not the disappearing thing. If she's a shadow construct like Sakura's, she'd need to be close to the command center (in this case satoshi/her castle self)to pop up like a weed, and if she's like the wolves she wouldn't exist at all because those were reliant on the whole "it's a dream!" effect of F/HA, and even if we ignore that, the shadow creatures were created off of the remains of previous dead avengers, so unless then was dead chunk of AM in the room she'd have no way of being there. Or, for that case, creating them like she claimed she could.
So how'd she jump out of the woodwork?

Yeah, thinking about it I'm not sure how that works.

Although, technically, there is one of Sakura's shadows in the room. I'm not sure if that would count, though, given that her connection to Angra was cut 30 years ago.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 03, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
Her respawn as it were is close to Satoshi or otherwise is drawn to an evil act to come back, if she dies or lets go she can't simply reappears moment later, unless it is in direct proximity to the above. Once spawned she can go wherever. She is not avenger, those limitations are not Angra's.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 03, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »
Her respawn as it were is close to Satoshi or otherwise is drawn to an evil act to come back, if she dies or lets go she can't simply reappears moment later, unless it is in direct proximity to the above. Once spawned she can go wherever. She is not avenger, those limitations are not Angra's.
Define an evil act. Because there's evil she isn't privy to as she's HUMANITIES evil.

And she's still like a Shadow Construct lantz, you fucking SAID that. Quit pulling bullshit man, I'm getting sick of it. Or was the Castle the construct? Because in that case, you're still wrong and that castle is stupid.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:40:33 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 03, 2013, 05:45:44 PM »
But Angra was a completely normal human, with curses drawn all over his body and forced to be "All The Evil In The World" to all the villagers, so they can go ahead and think "yeah well we're not evil now". All Angra can do is curse things, and that doesn't mean that Angra has an "Evil sense!" that tingles whenever something bad's about to go down, or that Angra would have an ability that let Angra appear at where it's going down just because.

I mean yeah Angra's mind is full of all the evils ever because they got pounded into Angra by the villagers and his life, but that doesn't mean that Angra governs and lords over them, and can tell when one's about to happen.

All of this stuff you're making Angra do contradicts the whole "normal human" and "weakest HS" thing Nasu has set in stone for Angra. Not being a servant would actually nerf Angra more than anything, because E in all stats is already more than a normal human can do. Hell, even being resurrected by the grail wouldn't power up Angra, just make the Angra immortal because lol third.

And why is Angra a girl? Being contrary to F/HA just because, or what? Because making this entire post gender neutral was annoying.

Arch cam down.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 03, 2013, 05:50:43 PM »
But Angra was a completely normal human, with curses drawn all over his body and forced to be "All The Evil In The World" to all the villagers, so they can go ahead and think "yeah well we're not evil now". All Angra can do is curse things, and that doesn't mean that Angra has an "Evil sense!" that tingles whenever something bad's about to go down, or that Angra would have an ability that let Angra appear at where it's going down just because.

I mean yeah Angra's mind is full of all the evils ever because they got pounded into Angra by the villagers and his life, but that doesn't mean that Angra governs and lords over them, and can tell when one's about to happen.

All of this stuff you're making Angra do contradicts the whole "normal human" and "weakest HS" thing Nasu has set in stone for Angra. Not being a servant would actually nerf Angra more than anything, because E in all stats is already more than a normal human can do. Hell, even being resurrected by the grail wouldn't power up Angra, just make the Angra immortal because lol third.

And why is Angra a girl? Being contrary to F/HA just because, or what? Because making this entire post gender neutral was annoying.

Arch cam down.
This is another point, your Angra contradicts all canon of the Nasuverse in pretty much every possible way.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 03, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
We normally give a pass for genderbending considering all the Nasuverse's... circumstances.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 03, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »
It's my character, the sheet was approved. Stop,trying to nerf my characters please.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 03, 2013, 06:20:49 PM »
It's my character, the sheet was approved. Stop,trying to nerf my characters please.
It's not a nerf, and your 'sheet' is barely a paragraph for her. You didn't include any of this in it. So it isn't a nerf, it's trying to keep it accurate to your sheet for her... him... it.

The Genderbend still bugs me here.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 03, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
The castle did not exist when the character was introduced nor was it planned to at the time. As for the rest please stop. I'll speak to the GM regarding my characters as the rest of you are never satisfied with my explanations and I don't feel like arguing at all.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 03, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »
The castle did not exist when the character was introduced nor was it planned to at the time. As for the rest please stop. I'll speak to the GM regarding my characters as the rest of you are never satisfied with my explanations and I don't feel like arguing at all.
Where the hell does the Castle factor into this, aside from the fact that Angra shouldn't even be able to pull that off?

We can discuss it here, this thread is specifically for that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 03, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
It's not a nerf, and your 'sheet' is barely a paragraph for her. You didn't include any of this in it. So it isn't a nerf, it's trying to keep it accurate to your sheet for her... him... it.

Sorry, just because something isn't in the character sheet it doesn't automatically mean it's not allowed. People do make oversights sometimes.

I do think Lantz's sheets could be more detailed, but that doesn't mean he should be limited to playing a character with zero abilities.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 03, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »

Sorry, just because something isn't in the character sheet it doesn't automatically mean it's not allowed. People do make oversights sometimes.

I do think Lantz's sheets could be more detailed, but that doesn't mean he should be limited to playing a character with zero abilities.
True, but at the same time, a lot of this shit is blatantly overpowered, and there's barely any solid material on what she can actually do. Then there's the actual mechanics... Anyway, the problem is that this is something loads of Lantz's characters do, pull powers and abilities out of their ass barely justified, often with no cost or downside. At all. And even if there is a downside, it's superficial at best. Then there was the whole projecting a car thing...

Basically, I'd be far more willing to accept this if he'd put it in from the beginning, but even then that'd be pushing it. Lantz keeps pulling all this shit and I'm getting sick of it. Combine that with his absurdly sue characters and you've got a recipe for a headache.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 03, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »
I think Lantz's sheets have to be more detailed, or else he has no reason to get mad when we tell him that stuff's coming out of his ass, because we have all the reasons in the world to believe that. Skills as big as what we've been discussing (the evil-sense and evil-teleport-to) most certainly had to be on the sheet, mostly the second one, because that's massively huge and gamebreaking.

And Angra's sheet did have skills already written on it, just not the ones we've been discussing, meaning that Lantz didn't just forget he had to put down skills.