Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310269 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1545 on: December 03, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
Once again I'm dealing solely with elf from now on regarding my characters.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 03, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
I think Lantz's sheets have to be more detailed, or else he has no reason to get mad when we tell him that stuff's coming out of his ass, because we have all the reasons in the world to believe that. Skills as big as what we've been discussing (the evil-sense and evil-teleport-to) most certainly had to be on the sheet, mostly the second one, because that's massively huge and gamebreaking.

And Angra's sheet did have skills already written on it, just not the ones we've been discussing, meaning that Lantz didn't just forget he had to put down skills.
Right, all it mentioned was the wolves, and how she's got E- in all stats. Sorry, It. Because I have no idea what the fuck to call this.

Anyway, this is symptomatic of lantz. Look at the fucking Castle. It's an asspull. The car? An asspull. Everything to do with making Satoshi the ULTIMATE SUE? An asspull. The dude has no weaknesses.

No, you do not get to run away from this, not after all the other BS you've done. We're all calling foul on this and I'm betting you she will as well. Speaking of GM's, when the hell is your D&D thing gonna start, rules up and all that good shit?

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »
Go right ahead, because I'm pretty sure she won't agree with your whole "it was an approved sheet" excuse when you made a character do something really big and gamebreaking that wasn't on the sheet she approved.

Seriously, you brought this on yourself.

And seeing as Angra does have a canon, you can't have her randomly have abilities that he never had in canon, and then suddenly expect everyone familiar with that canon to roll over and let you walk all over them with your added content.

Some of us read F/HA.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 03, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
Go right ahead, because I'm pretty sure she won't agree with your whole "it was an approved sheet" excuse when you made a character do something really big and gamebreaking that wasn't on the sheet she approved.

Seriously, you brought this on yourself.

And seeing as Angra does have a canon, you can't have her randomly have abilities that he never had in canon, and then suddenly expect everyone familiar with that canon to roll over and let you walk all over them with your added content.

Some of us read F/HA.
Because you like things in short statements lantz -

TL;DR: Fuck your bullshit.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 03, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »
Nothing Angra can do breaks the game, she's all the world's evil, sensing evil is like dog hearing a dog whistle, it's a natural thing. And respawning has been in her sheet since day one. Where she respawns is entirely reasonable given her nature as is dissolving herself as on the sheet and in the game prior her form has been demonstrated as such. The castle if you bothered to read the posts that created it is not an ass pull.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 03, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »
Not in Angra's canon universe she can't sniff evil out.

And her "teleport-to-ongoing-evil" is what I'm saying isn't on the sheet, and is massively gamebreaking no matter which way I turn my head at it.

Her immortality is low-tier and easily worked around. No one is complaining about that. And I haven't said anything about that stupid castle, and as soon as you're done having sex with Mike you'll have to deal with INFERNO COP about it, so all I have to say about it is you'll have one hell of a gigantic fine to pay for building without a building license and without owning the land.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 03, 2013, 07:35:01 PM »
There's no teleporting, it's respawning near evil because evil is what she's comprised of. It makes sense that when reconstituting she would respawn at a point where her food source (effectively) is. Angra is not Ha avenger, similar but different. And I think not sensing evil is fundamentally stupid when you are made of the stuff and gain power from it as Angra does.

as for inferno cop I think that lying works in that regard. But that's an in character thing and has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 03, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »
Also, if Inferno Cop tries to get stupid about it (like attempting to make Satoshi pay a fine he can't possibly afford, or pull down his house) then he's going to have to go through Rider, too. And, if she gets involved then it is likely that the Sakura and family will end up joining in too, particularly if Rider is in danger. None of them have any real respect for the law, normal police are outright useless when it comes to the sort of things they are involved in (and can trivially be bypassed) and the Association is a bunch of amoral assholes whose rules they pay at best lip-service to, and follow only when doing so seems like the best option.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:45:13 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
There's no teleporting, it's respawning near evil because evil is what she's comprised of. It makes sense that when reconstituting she would respawn at a point where her food source (effectively) is. Angra is not Ha avenger, similar but different. And I think not sensing evil is fundamentally stupid when you are made of the stuff and gain power from it as Angra does.

as for inferno cop I think that lying works in that regard. But that's an in character thing and has nothing to do with the point at hand.
It's still broken - and Angra IS AVENGER LANTZ. By the same logic you apply, we should be able to sense animals. Spoiler - WE CAN'T.

The Castle sizewise is a massive asspull, no matter what you say. It's huge. You claim it isn't, but your posts say otherwise. The castle's creation is also a massive asspull, as that shouldn't be possible to do with Angra Juice.

As for the respawn, I know what bullshit you're going to pull with that one. 'HURR DURR KILLING PEOPLE EVIL SHE JUST RESPAWNS RIGHT THERE DURRRP HERRP.'

Also seriously, if Elf and Alice, unplanned, can do a sex scene in under a week, what the fuck is taking you guys so long!?!?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:07:41 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »
Also seriously, if Elf and Alice, unplanned, can do a sex scene in under a week, what the fuck is taking you guys so long!?!?

I've been really busy. It's entirely my fault, not Lantz's.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 03, 2013, 09:38:21 PM »
Moving on, who likes Archerko? I do, so I'm debating playing her

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 03, 2013, 10:58:31 PM »

Well, you said earlier she can like, dissolve or something on her own. That means that she can effectively dissolve at one point, and then later pinpoint teleport to something evil that's going on somewhere else, way out of any other character's sphere of influence. That is pretty broken.

And you can't decide which lies work on Inferno Cop, dude. I'm in the piloting seat. And it does have something to do with the point at hand, it proves I don't give a shit about your castle built on bricks of solidified, sun-baked horseshit Angra Mainyu's latest outhouse trip's produce.

Also, if Inferno Cop tries to get stupid about it (like attempting to make Satoshi pay a fine he can't possibly afford, or pull down his house) then he's going to have to go through Rider, too. And, if she gets involved then it is likely that the Sakura and family will end up joining in too, particularly if Rider is in danger. None of them have any real respect for the law, normal police are outright useless when it comes to the sort of things they are involved in (and can trivially be bypassed) and the Association is a bunch of amoral assholes whose rules they pay at best lip-service to, and follow only when doing so seems like the best option.
I was being nice when I said "a fine". Satoshi is illegally stealing land he hasn't purchased by building a castle on it. I could arrest him and it would be more believable than giving him a huge-ass fine for building on land not his own and not have a building permit.

Hell, even tearing it down would be a more believable thing than fining him. He's guilty of outright robbing land from the city. That might have belonged to someone else, and if not it belonged the city itself. Satoshi is not above the law, and he will pay a big huge fine for the space he's robbing and for not having a permit, and he will consider himself LUCKY to not have been dragged out of his castle screaming while it tore into pieces behind him, because Inferno Cop is very literally an omnipotent god and can make that happen easily, if I ever decide to have him stop being an in-character retard, and start being more in-character by being completely up-and-down and suddenly deciding to remember he's a god.

Bottom line, I'm already being way softer than I should be. Arrest and tearing-down would be what would happen in any realistic scenario to that castle of his, and resisting that would just make him known as the "guy who built a fucking skyscraper overnight, thought it was okay then ran away from lawful repercussions with a once-happy family."

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 03, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »
Looking up inferno cop I have to say that there's no reason I should ever acknowledge complaints about my characters when we have a this guy around. Seriously god or not that's god modding

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »
Not particularly, when you consider that they're joke characters and being completely played that way. We could theoretically bust out the planet destroying abilities whenever we want to in the same way Gilgamesh can randomly decide to use Ea's full power and Simon can randomly think 'Hm, today I'll make TTGL for no reason whatsoever'. Hell, Axe Cop alone is just as broken as Inferno Cop, and Elf approved him with full knowledge of his abilities, probably because she can trust me not to abuse the hell out of them like a moron.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 04, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
My train of thought was basically: Let's just fine him!
To which Mike said: Don't get unreasonable or I'm going to have to get drastic
to which I said: Well if I was trying to be unreasonable or unfair to poor Lantz I'd do this: up above

Seriously I'm not about to act like a fucking retard and be OP and gamebreaking with a joke character, because I can actually reasonably play a joke character.

On the other hand, automatically assuming that you can just lie to a police officer and he'll go away just because it's what's most convenient for you is unreasonable, because you're not the one playing the police officer and while IC is a retard he is also going to fine you for building a castle in the middle of a populated city without owning the land or any kind of permission, though he might word it differently. There is no OOC reason for it, it's just because it makes fucking sense that people notice the castle sprout out of the ground, no matter how much in the slums and avoided part of the city you are, and that the police act on it once they finally find the way to remove their heads from their asses, so in the meantime we have the sort-of-not-really-cops handle the entire thing and act in their place.

Which is what one of them'll do as soon as you're done banging Mike. And if Satoshi can't deal with the legal repercussions and pay the fine by the due date, then IC will continue to be in-character and do whatever he'll do, which I don't know what it is because IC makes about as much sense as a frightened chicken that continually bangs its head on the fence.

Bottom line to answer your question Lantz, it's because I can RP and not be retarded at the same time. Also, you apparently don't know what god-modding is, so I'm just going to sit here and watch you flail your arms around.