Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 208494 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2355 on: September 08, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »
Victor

"Hold on," he said, walking into the room where Mai had been sentenced.  After a few minutes, he came out and stood before Thea.  At the center of his extended hand a ring gleamed softly in the dim apartment light.  There was no gem at the tip of the ring, but a small box.  It was minuscule, no bigger than a toddler's finger nail, but when Victor looked down at it, his entire body seemed to age, even if only for a moment.  However, as Victor's eyes met Thea's, that tiredness was replaced with a strange youthful hope.

"Wedding rings are a promise made between two people, a promise to be bound forever until the end of all things.  Live or die, I need you to give this to her."

Tsumiko

Tsumiko stood up to follow Thea, but tured away with her mouth agape, if only slightly, when Victor returned with a small golden band. She bit her lower lip and frowned, wiping away a bit of wetness away from her face.

She'd wanted to marry once. It felt like an incomprehensible amount of time to her now. She'd lost it, had that oppurtunity stolen away from her by her estranged sister. She'd felt jealous of how close she was getting with the boy she liked. She'd felt shame as she considered the implications of such. She'd felt like such a selfish git, but...

she couldn't help herself in the end, and look where it had gotten them...

Well, it was all in the past now.

All they could do was try to earn forgiveness for their collective sins. Forever.

And so, she turned away and walked out of the house without another word.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: September 08, 2018, 11:40:37 PM »
Suerte

This was a problem.

Suerte frowned.  She expected to be found out, but not this quickly.  Lily could be in big trouble and she absolutely no support anymore.  Assuming the girl had some way to track her, Suerte picked up her rifle and aimed it at the end of the tunnel.  Hold on Lily, I promise I won't leave you for long....

A small grin formed on her lips, widening as her finger got closer to the trigger.  A crack echoed through the tunnel, sending the bullet into the light at the end.  The bullet bounced off a collapsed building and soared towards the blonde woman's skull.  It would be only a matter of time before she was found.  So, she holstered the sniper rifle on her back and pulled out her twin pistols.  "C'mon girl, don't keep me waiting."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: September 09, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »
Liseth

"Run away!"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Protect the wounded!"

Truly, the horrific screeching of these creatures weren't anything that could correspond to english. Even beasts had a more harmonious rhythm than their discordant sounds. Still, that didn't slow the officer who continued to fire bullets into the masses. Things did get more... complex for Breeze when her fist just went straight into one of the creatures. It didn't go flying back or even really resist the hit. Her fist just plunged into its bloated form, a mass that quickly took on a feeling like squirming maggots as the being's insides turned to grasping tendrils. With all its might it tried to envelop and hold Breeze in its claylike body as the others began to charge up shadowy orbs to fire at her.

The officer looked over and channeled the occult energies Liseth had harvested, and for a moment the creatures hesitated. That and manifesting several shields to cover Breeze's back was all she could safely do from here.

Auspicious Breeze

It still wasn't the strangest thing that Breeze had ever gone up against, or felt against her skin. That didn't make it any less unpleasant though! And so she pulled up more of the shining power inside her, filling her skin and bones and the scales in between them with more power. More heat.

With her back covered she could focus, and focus she did as Auspicious Breeze let out a loud, "HYAAH!" and forcefully spread her arms apart in a blinding flare of light that pushed all the maggoty mess away from her! Her shoes began to stomp hard enough to send cracks through the ground to get rid of this thing, and then she tried throwing it through its allies.

Such as they were!

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: September 09, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »
Victor

"Hold on," he said, walking into the room where Mai had been sentenced.  After a few minutes, he came out and stood before Thea.  At the center of his extended hand a ring gleamed softly in the dim apartment light.  There was no gem at the tip of the ring, but a small box.  It was minuscule, no bigger than a toddler's finger nail, but when Victor looked down at it, his entire body seemed to age, even if only for a moment.  However, as Victor's eyes met Thea's, that tiredness was replaced with a strange youthful hope.

"Wedding rings are a promise made between two people, a promise to be bound forever until the end of all things.  Live or die, I need you to give this to her."

Thea

"Hmm. Well, it may distract her to show her this..." She mused to herself for a moment, before allowing the ring's box to float into one of her hands. "Very well. Now I go." 

It was time to get to work... and to keep a close eye on Tsumiko. That response earlier spoke volumes that Thea was too out of practice with reading people the normal way to interpret properly. Damn her, but she was going to have to keep working on this.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: September 09, 2018, 12:31:13 AM »
Sakura and Shirou

Sakura had to hold back a giggle at the way Steaven's face redenned in reaction to Nanako's response, the way he was acting making his feelings obvious.

"We'd rather find out what we need to do first", Shirou said. "We don't urgently need our equipment, but it'll definitely be useful."

Hearing the statement of the guards, they both nodded, following them into the house.

Shirou and Sakura looked around in amazement at the room they were led into. The diamond-coated chandaliers and the army of maids and butlers made it obvious that the person who wished to hire them was extremely wealthy. Still, aside from hopefully being able to pay them well, the man's wealth wasn't all that important, what mattered was the reason why they had been called here. So, they approached him respectfully, noticing that he was clearly looking them over, before he addressed them.

"Yes, we ran into some trouble on the way", Shirou replied. "A swarm of creatures made of ooze appeared out of nowhere and attacked us, so our companion had to bring Steaven here whilst we held them off."

"As for Steaven, yes, he's been OK", Shirou added, "although he doesn't seem to like being protected very much."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: September 09, 2018, 12:31:35 AM »
Yusho

The dragon-blooded liked this madman. He didn't know his name, nevermind what sort of freaky curse or unsavory burden he seemed to live with, but at this moment those thoughts were distracting. If he had to punch him in the future, he'd do it over a glass of plum wine and a grilled bass fish, at least.

The cries of agony polluting the air, however, forced him to be concerned. Yusho stared at their enemy, the dragon beast reduced to a human shape again, wrestling with the grip of Valerie's terrible weapon. They didn't really talk, nor did the exalt intend to talk. But dangerous as the being was, there was no need to prolong her torment. The question was, could these two men finish it? To that effect, he had an idea.

Yusho gripped the savage axe tight, and putting bonfire hot effort behind the momentum of his body, he hurled it. It zipped forward, in an arc to go over the two engaged combatants. Unwilling to waste a single second, he blasted towards the other weapon left in the scene, scorching leaves and dirt, intent on seizing it. "Look out!" He yelled.

The polearm was the weapon of the Golden Janissary, and its light could course through even the humble farmer's scythe. And if a single man's push couldn't dislodge it from a rock, well, two men and a hammer could push a lot of things.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: September 09, 2018, 12:44:43 AM »
Lily

Just as Lily got up from her prone position on the backseat, a hand reached in from the opposite direction she had entered and dragged her trough the door of the police car. Only for her face to get acquainted with the knee of this officer. Her lithe body was pushed back into the car, flipping the vehicle as she collided with it.

She slid across the ground, grabbing hold of her sword as she spotted it and ended the slide with a fance move to get back on her feet and lash out at the man who had dropkicked her earlier.

Only to her complete shock, a police officer come in from the side with a viscous snarl, catching her blade with his teeth and ripping the sword right out of her hands with a twitch of his neck.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:45:26 AM by Bern »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: September 09, 2018, 02:26:01 AM »
Nanako

While all the shiny stuff was a distracting, Nanako managed to keep herself from bouncing all over the place with significant effort, though the squirrel girl couldn't help zipping over to the occasion trinket for a moment, peering closely at it before zipping back into step with the others. Then they came to a stop, Nanako glancing at the others for a moment before spotting an old man looking them over, seemingly sizing them up. The squirrel girl stared closely at the man for a moment before shrugging practically vibrating in place with excitement at the way everything caught the light here.

Watching the man and her new friends talking, Nanako realized she probably wouldn't be much use here, tail swishing this way and that as she glanced around absentmindedly, eyes flashing from one interesting thing to the next, though she kept an ear out for the conversation.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: September 09, 2018, 02:42:21 AM »
Old man

The old man's lips twisted into an exhausted frown.  "Yes, that is part of the problem," he said, shooting daggers at the two guards.  "You know how kids his age are.  They like their freedom.  I am curious. Are you guys bounty hunters?  Were they any trouble?"

Meanwhile, the butlers and maids eyes followed Nanko around.  Most were annoyed with her unprofessional behavior, but others just thought it was cute and funny, something to keep their attention as they awaited instructions.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 02:49:57 AM by yinsukin »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: September 09, 2018, 02:58:03 AM »
Sakura and Shirou

Before Shirou could respond, Sakura quickly jumped in.

"Yes, we are bounty hunters", she said, not wanting Shirou to talk them out of a payment the man could obviously afford. "Although we won't take jobs where we feel that what we're doing would be wrong."

"As for how Steaven acts, we don't have any children of our own. It doesn't fit well with our line of work", she added, a slight look of sadness and disappointment visible on her face. "So, we don't really have much of an idea of what to expect."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: September 09, 2018, 03:29:23 AM »
Count man

The old man paused, placing a finger on his chin.  "You will have to spend time with him," he said, not sure what to think of her emotional reaction to not having a child.  "After all, this is a body guard mission.  Do you think you can handle that?"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: September 09, 2018, 03:43:52 AM »
Sakura and Shirou

Sakura nodded.

"Yes, I'm sure we'll be fine", she said.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: September 09, 2018, 03:48:02 AM »
Nanako

At the mention of keeping an eye on Steaven, Nanako zipped back over to Sakura and Shirou with an eager spark in her eyes.

"Yup, sure we can handle that!" she piped up, tail swishing eagerly behind her.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: September 09, 2018, 06:23:41 AM »
Edelgard

Edelgard's brows furrowed as she fell. The lumbering mass was threatening enough on its own, but it had a destructive breath waiting in its gullet too? It moved so much faster than its size suggested, almost like it had wings. Ridiculous. She could move away easily, but something that large couldn't be toppled instantly by her strength.

How far was that menacing light going to reach? This neighborhood looked wasted, owing to whatever catastrophe passed while she was asleep, but the houses extended further. And right now, she could distinguish the faint sounds of mortal distress in the distance.

Damnit. The fallen general bit her lip as she landed, then brandished Forthright End on the tips of her fingers in an instant of preparation. She took a running start, inhaled, and then sent it flying, with a boom that shattered the few windows that remained whole in the street. Edelgard, in what seemed an impossible move, jumped after it like a shadow.

Her metal soles touched on the gnarled haft and she flew on the spear towards the cyclopean behemoth's neck. They used this method against great dragons to divert their breath, when their fury threatened too much but their arms weren't enough to slay it fast enough.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: September 09, 2018, 05:42:40 PM »
Tsumiko

"Fuck."

She muttered under her breath after she was out of earshot of either of them, waiting for Thea to follow her. "Why does she have to be so antagonistic to me. I only did what anybody would do in that situation!" She slammed her bandaged hand against a wall, leaving a small crater in it. Her expression softened and she sat down. She grabbed the distinctly larger arm and brought its hand close to her chest. She felt tears well up in her eyes. "Archer, why did it have to be this way..."

She wiped away her tears before Thea got back and recomposed herself. She took a few deep breaths. She needed to be perfect. To hide her insecurities from the world. She bit her lip and closed her eyes, opening them after a moment. Much to her distaste, she called upon the multitude of insect familars that she'd created over the couple of months here. She commanded them to move towards the area where Victor had told them that his wife would be. Bile rose up as she interacted with them.

Sakura always does better than me with that, huh. She mused as she swallowed her bile. The thought of them made her sick. She hated that they were such a useful tool, or else she'd burn them away like her sister had burned Zouken.

She turned to face Thea as she came outside.

"I've sent my familars to scout the area." She glanced down at the ring Thea was carrying and smiled, her long purple hair fluttering in the wind behind her. "You ready to move out?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end