Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 208520 times)

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2340 on: September 07, 2018, 03:56:26 AM »
The Clearing

The Dragon God completely ignored the incoming butcher, she twitching and turning wildly on the ground at a breakneck pace, desperately trying to get the Scythe out, the weapon defying her best efforts to move. The Dragon God was howling in despair, rolling, bouncing, doing everything it could to get it out. Pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain, pain.

So much pain.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: September 07, 2018, 07:46:52 AM »
Poor S.O.B.

The swirling black spot on his hand vexed him. It became an obsession for Mendoza, really; it is all he thinks about these days. It appeared on his hand not even a day after the heist - was the loot cursed? He visited a variety of alleyway doctors who knew not to ask questions, but none of them were able to come up with anything besides it being magical in nature. So, Mendoza sat in the office of an abandoned warehouse his crew have been using as a base of operations, staring at the mark on his hand in a similar fashion as one who would obsess over a possibly cancerous mole on their body.

His crew of six others were becoming more and more restless, having already spent their share of the cut from the last operation. Mendoza can see how they murmur to each other, trying to keep their voices down during the few times he would leave his den. But this damn mark, casting a cloud of uncertainty over his mind, making him more worried about the potential of a possible curse over the very real threat of a mutiny...

A shot rang out just outside his door, startling the man. A sound of gushing water followed immediately after. Mendoza jumped from his seat and approached the door, nearly slipping on the liquid that was now seeping in from underneath the entryway.

Opening the office door, Mendoza saw that the warehouse was being flooded by a downpour of water. "Which one of you dumbasses shot the goddamn water sprinklers?!" He shouted.

"I did." An unfamiliar voice came from the corner.

Before Mendoza could turn around, something slammed against the back of his head. His ears were ringing as he fell to the ground. The last thing he saw were multiple humanoid shapes emerging from the water and overtaking his gang of thieves...

"-our survived. The rest were taken by the Deep."

Mendoza cracked his eyes open. Dazed, he tried to move, but found that he was tied up with a gag in his mouth. He tried his best to look up, but only was able to see two pairs of inhuman legs in front of him. Is that a crab leg?

"Looks like he's comin' to," A feminine voice.

The boot-and-crab foot combo approached his prone body, sloshing through the inch of water that now completely covers the floor. A hand roughly pulls him up into a sitting position, bringing him face to face with one of his captors - a stern-faced woman with a small frown curling her lip. She could be called beautiful were it not for her pink hair also being bizarre tentacles and a grotesque crab claw for a left arm. "The bounty calls fer ya to be alive," the stranger said evenly, "Kira must be plannin' somethin' special fer ya."

Oh, fuck...

"Whattabout the others, Captain?"

The woman turned her head to face her compatriot. Mendoza did the same, seeing four...fishmen standing over the remaining, tied-up members of his gang. They were monsters, truly! The one who spoke to the woman was some sort of shark hybrid, while the other three some sort of mishmash between fish and coral. Each wearing a pirate get-up and wielding either a curved sword, ax or one of those old style guns you'd find in a museum. It would actually be kind of comical if they weren't poised to execute his guys. The woman, who was apparently their leader, merely stood up strait and said "Ungag them."

The pirate captain gimp-walked over to the captured men, coming to a stop in front of the orange-haired man named Richard, "None of y'all have bounties, but yer not gonna walk out of here, either. No one escapes my net. I offer all survivors a choice: a hundred years serving as crew on me ship," She bends over, coming down to Richard's eye level, "Or to join yer brothers in the Abyss. What'll it be?"

Her answer came in the form of spit, courtesy of Richard. Things came to a dead standstill, the fishmen flinching and driving their weapons just that much closer to the prisoners. The Captain, however, didn't even react. Then, in a quiet voice that barely hid her fury, the woman said "So be it. There are no other survivors besides Mendoza."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 07, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
Suerte

Oh shit, shes strong, she thought to herself, silently thankful she was on her side.

"Well try not to be too mean," she said, drowning out the cog grinding noises that signaled her bullet type changing.  "Something is wrong with those boys."  Knowing what her target was, she fired as fast as she could with her semi automatic rifle.  Since she wasn't actually aiming, the bullets scattered into the streets, many of her bullets firing into the center of the street before bouncing from building to building like a pinball.  Eventually, those bullets struck the grenades, making the police just that little bit easier to deal with.

All the sudden, the ground erupted beneath her, causing her to slide down the tipping roof.  She scanned the area for the woman among the chaos, even as the world around her collapsed.  It seemed like the girl was searching for something.  It was either another person or...

Well just to be safe...

Taking a leap of faith, she jumped down as the buildings collapsed around her.  Lucky for her, non of the falling debris that came down even came close to hitting her, despite the fact that it was practically raining rocks and concrete.  When she finally landed on the ground, she looked up, only to realize she was covered by a makeshift tunnel formed by a few tipped over building leaning into each other.

Suerte frowned.  I'm going to have to climb right back up there...

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 07, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »
Charlotte

Another day, another bounty, another poor sap to haul in. As Charlotte arrived at the warehouse and kicked up her motorcycle, she couldn't help a small sigh as she wondered where the exciting jobs were. There had been a new flash going out about something going on in Little Russia, but the gunslinger was out of the house before much else had come on, and there wasn't much showing up on the bounty board yet.

Still, a job was a job, and Charlotte was here to do hers. A quartet of rounds hailed her arrival as they shattered the hinges holding the warehouse doors up, and one last explosive round blasted out a final note as it knocked the doors inwards to let the light in and reveal a strange sight.

"Huh. Don't know you," Charlotte remarked, strolling in to the sight of her mark on the ground surrounded by...fish-people. And the occasional shellfish.

"So, what's your deal?" she asked, eyes snapping to the pinkette with a crab claw, hands sliding into her pockets with her thumbs hooked over the side, just ahead of her holsters, "Gonna need y'all to step off him, first. I've got a few grand riding on this guy."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 07, 2018, 08:42:36 PM »
Lily

The tide turned, the desperate howl of battle growing ever stronger as the Elemental was pushed back by the relentless tide of the law. Law that couldn't be opposed, the absolute order of the world.

She dove to side, narrowly dodging a vehicle she could barely see only to be met with a boot to the head from what looked like an officer of the law, dropkicking her from the side. And then she was airborne.

The next moment the sound of glass being crushed was heard as she flew into the backseat of an unoccupied police car. Her sword spun wildly out of her hands, sliding in underneath the car itself.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 07, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
Sakura and Shirou

Sakura sighed at Steaven's arrogant response, knowing that it was very unlikely that he could have done any better than them, even with their powers. After all

"Yes, we're fine", she replied to his earlier question.

"As for our powers, we've trained for a long time to get to this level, so I doubt you're correct. But, in any case, whether you could do better with our powers is irrelevant, because you don't possess them. You need someone to protect you, or those 'dumb bugs' will eat you for lunch."

Then, she turned to the bodyguards.

"Yes, please, let us go and meet his parents, or whoever it is that wants us to protect him", she said.

"Yes, let's", said Shirou. "We could do with more information about what we're up against here."

"After that, if possible, we should make a stop back at our house", added Sakura. "We can fight more effectively with our equipment."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 07, 2018, 11:32:13 PM »
Nanako

The squirrel girl simply giggled and leaned in a bit to pat the boy's head. It was almost irresistibly cute, really.

"Sure you could've," she said with a bemused little smile, "But until then, how about you let us deal with it, alright?"

With that, Nanako zipped over to the guards with Sakura and Shirou, looking curiously between the two and the bodyguards. She couldn't help a small frown at the mention of equipment left at home. Sure, the bugs had turned out to be a bit weak, but things could've been much worse, and they were going around under-equipped?

Unless maybe they were too weak or didn't have the stamina to carry the other stuff around all day? Though admittedly that was a strange notion.

"If it's really that important, you guys should get your gear now," she shrugged, fluffy tail swishing this way and that, "I can wait around with Steaven and these guys while you take care of that. Besides, I've got all the gear I need right here."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 07, 2018, 11:33:09 PM »
Police

They were relentless. Even as their bodies fell to the ground without heads, even as they were shot by the crossfire or blown up by a triggered grenade, they had no morale to break and seemingly no end to their numbers. Some were crushed under rocks or fell into the growing fissures without a sound. Those that managed to survive were no less driven. They still let loose bullets while their bottom halves were crushed under rocks. Others limped over to fire at the car with broken legs and unrivaled focus in their eyes. As the tearing of the earth began to grow into a chasm they made leaps over to the girl and the car, some falling to their deaths while others continued to advance. The shaking of the earth intensified below the car and the sword rattled. Soon they would slip into the gaping hole of rubble that was growing.

But no doubt existed in their minds. Only justice.

Othinus

Ah, it seems she had missed the girl. Just barely at any rate. It was unfortunate but there wasn't much more to be done. Othinus cast her gaze back to the redhead's struggle. It was not wholly unexpected that such overwhelming numbers and near mindless aggression could push her into a corner like this. But there was opportunity now. As the streets fell apart and buildings collapsed, the stream of reinforcements had been cut off and crushed. The forces immediately near the girl were either obstructed or hurt, and the growing hole separated her from a direct charge by the police from one side.

The girl could do well. Or she would die and Othinus would have a chance to petition her to serve in Valhalla. Or perhaps her friend would show herself and provide more direct aid. The bullets darting, bouncing across the area by what appeared to be chance were surprisingly helpful. One could have called it Fate as well. Regardless, from her spot on the ruins of the building where 'Suerte' was supposed to be the One Eyed God watched.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 07, 2018, 11:44:34 PM »
Liseth

"Run away!"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Protect the wounded!"

"It... it hurts..."

Truly, the horrific screeching of these creatures weren't anything that could correspond to english. Even beasts had a more harmonious rhythm than their discordant sounds. Still, that didn't slow the officer who continued to fire bullets into the masses. Things did get more... complex for Breeze when her fist just went straight into one of the creatures. It didn't go flying back or even really resist the hit. Her fist just plunged into its bloated form, a mass that quickly took on a feeling like squirming maggots as the being's insides turned to grasping tendrils. With all its might it tried to envelop and hold Breeze in its claylike body as the others began to charge up shadowy orbs to fire at her.

The officer looked over and channeled the occult energies Liseth had harvested, and for a moment the creatures hesitated. That and manifesting several shields to cover Breeze's back was all she could safely do from here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:38:44 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 08, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »
Moira:

Moira simply stood up straight, barely even turning to face the interloper. "This one's mine, Miss," she simply stated, pointing at the still hog-tied man.

With a wave of her hand, the she-captain issued an unspoken order to her crewmen. Faster than a normal human could blink, they drove their blades into the man's henchmen, slaying them almost instantly. "Yer free ta have the other riffraff, though," Moira continued on, "I no longer have a use for 'em."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 08, 2018, 07:59:31 AM »
Charlotte

Some part of the gunslinger was irked by the lack of anything more than the bare necessities of a response, even though she knew she really shouldn't be anymore. The efficiency displayed by the fish-people lacking a fancy hat was almost remarkable, for a group as varied as they were, the blonde sparing the smallest bit of attention to their gutting of the flunkies. Probably a bit more drawn out than bullets, but still rather quick all things considered.

"Ya know, if I hadn't just dragged myself all the way out here to nab some sadsack, I might be inclined to agree with you," she said, fingers idly spinning the cylinders on her revolvers, "Unfortunately, that's exactly what I've had to do, and I can't do much with corpses, much less ones without a price on 'em."

"Still, a bit curious I've never seen you around the Elite offices," Charlotte noted, "You new around here, or just not much for people?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:02:04 AM by Panda »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 08, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
Steaven and company

Steavn's already reddened face intensified to a glowing pink, his entire skull fuming with the extra blood.  His pupils darted at Nanako, then to the ground, then to Nanako's body.  The cycle continued, with only shame at its end.  "Yeah...."

The body guards turned towards each other and shrugged.  "Your the boss.  Just follow us and try to be respectful."

With those final words, the guards approached the front door and tapped a button on the front.  Then, they took out their phones and furiously typing on their screens.  After a moment or two, the gates opened.

A bright red carpet lead into a room colored by large diamond coated chandlers.  The way the light shone through the crystals made it seem as though the mansion had sealed the stars in the ground.  Maids and butlers lined the sides of the red carpet, putting on dazzling smiles for the guests.  At the very end of the carpet, an old man stood.  He wasn't smiling, nor frowning.  His face was that of neutral anticipation, almost he was blatently sizing them up.

"It took a bit longer to get here than expected.  How has Steaven been treating you all?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 08, 2018, 07:38:57 PM »
Hannah

"Ehh? They're not really all that inconspicuous though. I'd rather people not look at me and go 'oh hey, demon!' and start pulling out the pitchforks." Hannah waved that off and shook her head, not even really bothered by other peoples' prejudice. Demons had done plenty to make it a well-deserved bit of discrimination in her world, and she wasn't about to have people let their guard down on that just so she could be more comfortable.

Then the cambion reached into her bag and pulled out ... a golden chain? "I mean if you want to skip the competition we can just pawn this. I got it off an ex-boyfriend."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 08, 2018, 07:39:10 PM »
BB

"Hm. Sounds like it'd be a pain, yeah." The girl grabbed the chain and peered at it, before sticking her tongue out and licking it. She glaced down at the girl's magic bag and grinned.

"Sure, why don't we do that. These losers will be boring, anyway. Street BBall isn't my thing."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 08, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
Hannah

"Because you're too good at it?" Hannah raised an eyebrow in bemusement, but then shrugged. "That's fine. I just hope it's as legit as my ex bragged about."

The licking wasn't really the strangest thing she'd seen from a girl. "So what kind of place do you want to eat?"