Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 180618 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #4380 on: February 12, 2019, 02:49:43 AM »
Throne

The knight leaned forward to look closely at the picture. "No... I can't say I've seen anyone like that. Most people perish before they even make it into the forest itself. You are still several miles away, and once you make it into the interior things become warped. It is very easy to miss someone or for them to fall prey to a wandering beast in these outskirts. The weeds that shoot up around that ancient place is home to many dark creatures."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: February 12, 2019, 03:02:06 AM »
Azad

"I see. That's a shame." He put the phone down, his grip tightened slightly but not enough that you could really tell. Maybe he just didn't want to drop it.

Damn, chatty moments like these never were his forte. This really wasn't the kind of job he thought he'd enjoy, but he didn't think it was the sort of job that'd make him feel sick.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: February 12, 2019, 03:09:59 AM »
Saku

Sakura waited patiently for the conversation to continue after that, but it just sort of...

Well, to put it simply, everyone just kind of stopped talking for several sections. It was like a clock was ticking, and every noise in the forest suddenly became magnified. After a bit, Sakura just couldn't take it anymore, and spoke up.

"What sorts of creatures are you talking about, sir knight?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: February 12, 2019, 03:12:52 AM »
Lulu

"You're not even doing this right."

It appeared he was in dire need of reeducation, or else his impotent rage would spill over into something wholly unpleasant. If she ever had a duty it wasn't to 'atone' or any other silly notion that Asmael had, no, it was this. This was her duty, to instruct wayward would be creator's of their misdoings.

"Why be God...."

She swung the brilliant light, Sin itself rushing to welcome his embrace. Unlike him Lucy was calm, the calm that parted the storm of creation. And it would be her that would introduce him to the Void. How would this would be handle that which preceeds creation itself?

"When you can be better!"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:13:24 AM by Bern »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: February 12, 2019, 03:15:19 AM »
Throne

His gaze shifted to her for a moment before he shook his head. "How desperate they must be to send children into these woods. That knowledge is not for you." He gestured towards Azad. "This veteran is here for personal reasons. The particulars I cannot know, but that much is clear to me. But you two, have you come here for the reward? It is not worth losing your life for such a trifling thing. It would be a waste."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: February 12, 2019, 03:18:20 AM »
Throne

His gaze shifted to her for a moment before he shook his head. "How desperate they must be to send children into these woods. That knowledge is not for you." He gestured towards Azad. "This veteran is here for personal reasons. The particulars I cannot know, but that much is clear to me. But you two, have you come here for the reward? It is not worth losing your life for such a trifling thing. It would be a waste."

Saku

Sakura's brow furrowed at the knight, floating as she was above him.

"The reward is a nice bonus on top of everything else, but that's all it is, a cherry on top. I'm not sure why I'm here, but a higher power has sent me on my way. Even if I were to try to resist, I'm sure that I'd end up back here all the same."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: February 12, 2019, 03:19:54 AM »
Dahlia

"I'm not going to die." Is all Dahlia had to say. Nothing on Sakura or Azad's level for sure - she was just that confident in herself.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: February 12, 2019, 03:24:09 AM »
Azad

You know, doing that doesn't make you look taller, girl.

"Does the reason even matter? As far as I'm concerned anyone who steps foot in this place is an idiot with a deathwish." He stretched his arms back and smiled wryly. "But calling someone a kid like that isn't very polite, mister. The girl may be young, but she is feistier than a sand serpent. You'll find the smaller ones often have the nastier bite."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:25:10 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: February 12, 2019, 03:35:18 AM »
Throne

Whatever jollyness that had inhabited the knight had long since vanished by now. "Your confidence is misplaced. Even if I lectured you all for the next day you would not be prepared for every danger, and the journey will only grow worse as you approach the true forest." The glow of his eyes intensified, its light pitiless as if he gazed through all three of them. He was no man, but whatever he was the knight was undeniably ancient. He felt more lasting than the trees which stretched up into the sky.

First he looked at Sakura. "You are far too young to speak of gods and fate. Nor are you strong enough to withstand those chains." His eyes flickered over to Dahlia. "One who wishes for strength should not hold themselves in such high regard in a situation you have yet to understand." Finally his gaze fell on Azad. "And for all your experience your heart will cost you. As will mine."

Then he sighed, the late faded, and exhaustion seeped into him. "You wish to enter the woods. Do you desire safety or expedience?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: February 12, 2019, 03:39:07 AM »
Dahlia

What a condescending creature. It knew way too much. Dahlia pressed her hand to her forehead as if fighting off a headache, and stared intensely at the knight. "Look, I get that you're trying to help us, and I think we all appreciate it. But now you're talking about things you should have no way of knowing, and I'm a little concerned there. How do you know that?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: February 12, 2019, 03:46:05 AM »
Azad

"Safety sounds good. I like safety." Was what he was going to say jovially, until Dahlia spoke up. "No? Okay then." He sighed in defeat and crossed his arms in disapproval.

He wasn't concerned with that that knight may or may not know. As far as he was concerned, he couldn't be more wrong.

"As if. A weapon doesn't need a heart. I lost mine long ago, old knight."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:04:43 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: February 12, 2019, 03:54:19 AM »
Throne

"Your friend speaks of higher purpose and fate. I once studied under a master of such things... a long time ago. Long even by my standards. These tidbits of information are the extent of what I've--" He stopped. The knight turned ever so slowly before lashing out with overwhelming power, his blade out in an instant and with such force that the very earth shook. A tree branch fell, shattered by the force of the strike, and the mangled body of a bird fell to the earth. A raven with a single eye already gouged out.

"That fast? No... she never found me like this with much consistency before. And if it isn't me, hm." He looked at the group. "You are more important than I realized. We should move quickly and speak later. Information shared here is too open, I was unaware of how vulnerable this was."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: February 12, 2019, 03:58:23 AM »
Throne

"Your friend speaks of higher purpose and fate. I once studied under a master of such things... a long time ago. Long even by my standards. These tidbits of information are the extent of what I've--" He stopped. The knight turned ever so slowly before lashing out with overwhelming power, his blade out in an instant and with such force that the very earth shook. A tree branch fell, shattered by the force of the strike, and the mangled body of a bird fell to the earth. A raven with a single eye already gouged out.

"That fast? No... she never found me like this with much consistency before. And if it isn't me, hm." He looked at the group. "You are more important than I realized. We should move quickly and speak later. Information shared here is too open, I was unaware of how vulnerable this was."

Saku

Sakura looked up at the sky, and then back down at him. "Fine. Lead the way." She answered after a moment's consideration. That raven...

The sight of its mangled corpse made her heart jump to her throat, and not because of its destroyed nature. It felt like greater forces were afoot, working away.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: February 12, 2019, 04:06:59 AM »
Throne

The knight did not run but he was not anywhere near slow. His stride was long and purposeful, relentless and untiring. The idea of exhaustion seemed foreign to him. "Entry into the forest directly will be impossible. It is fiercely guarded by many beasts and the growths there are impassable. We will require an alternate route." And then came silence for a time. They were deeper now, barely any light streaming through the canopy as the trees grew ever thicker. It was difficult to maneuver and the brush of the forest seemed intent on pulling them back or slowing them down.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: February 12, 2019, 04:21:31 AM »
Azad

His expression darkened when the raven fell, and only grew more troubled in front of the knight's expression.

By the heavens...

"Good grief, even the forest is trying to keep us out." A bit of sweat dripped from his cheek, though the foliage took care of that well enough. It was almost like the flora was trying to warn them, keep them out of danger.

He didn't trust the knight, to be honest. He only put up with this because desperate times needed desperate measures. But those sounds in the distance, it's almost like they were...

"Soooo, what do you do outside of peaceful hikes in the woods? Any hobbies?" He asked the three, none in particular, almost like he was musing to pass the time. He sounded pretty relaxed for someone so deep in this forest of death.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:23:20 AM by francobull3 »