Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 202713 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #4800 on: March 12, 2019, 02:06:39 AM »
Justice

Justice's hand clenched around the grip of the sword, and he released his titanic seeming with a cautious exhale. It didn't hurt just standing anymore. He looked past the falling lights, holding the brim of his hat down, between his eyes and their brighter source.

"That's a bad joke," he spoke, huffing through his nose.

Lucifer didn't exist.
Lucifer was a fucking myth.

The "Morningstar" wasn't a person. He was the ideal of those who saw themselves as the only drops of water in a desert of sodom. He was a promise of freedom in a message of poison, a symbol of the most extreme rebels in every realm. Not in another thousand years did he want to deal with the people who swore by that name again.

So who the fuck was this? What the fuck were those memories? Could... these angels be from another world too? But despite the light, despite the glory, despite the hymns, that appearance wasn't right. This wasn't that back. It was just a lonely imitation.

Justice pulled out his revolver and spun his sword in preparation, looking back at Nanako.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:08:59 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: March 12, 2019, 02:23:13 AM »
The Accuser

"...Impossible." For a moment, he looked astonished at her tenacity. Just as he swatted her away with his dark blow, she rose again like a phoenix to strike him down.

Your body submits, your heart succumbs so why does your mind resist?

He cursed himself. He hoped this was enough, enough to stop her. Because even now, he loathed his duty. And thus, his blows were endured. His darkness was a shout of despair, but it was not the unfeeling blade it once was. That was his sin.

Because even if she was a sinner, he wanted to save her from this fate. So he could not let her enter that man's heart.

Murderer, dogmatic blade, false savior, accuser, heavenly curse, merciless one, cruel one, traitorous knight, slayer of children, cancerous son, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster, monster.  Where evil lurks, he must destroy. That was the only reason he was created.  Evil like her.  The only thing that could escape his head, escape his lips, was a roar of defiance.

"THEN SHOW ME THAT LIGHT OF YOURS!!" He gripped his darkness and formed a gigantic sword made from it, easily the size of an island, and charged to meet her advance.

? ? ? ? ?

While she charged, a soundless voice, lacking in words or meaning tugged at the back of her mind. Like a spark igniting inside her heart.

Pitiful. How pitiful. but it was expected. Humans, Angels, Demons. People are weak. There isn't a soul that can endure a future that only knows despair. So the Archangel of Death made a wish. So the Guardian made a prayer.

Who am I not to answer?

You're thinking you aren't enough.

You're thinkning how this battle is pointless.

You're thinking about the pain, the doubt, the sadness.

You're thinking about how much you want to **** that wretch, aren't you?

Do you want to save Mael?

Do you want to reach the truth?

With darkness alone, you cannot defeat this. Your wish is also an outcome I desire.

So let me embrace you.

I will tell you no lies.

I will offer no salvation.

If you persist, there will certainly not be a happy ending.

But you will reach his heart.

I will let you touch him, breathe down on him, wrap your fingers around his neck. So let us show that pigeon just how far an Archangel can fall.

Say yes, and I will let you shine.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: March 12, 2019, 02:54:20 AM »
Aruna

The sheer weight of his words forced a tear to trickle down her cheek.  Coated in an arua of complete darkness, the angel clentched her fist, biting her lip to draw blood.  Her arm transformed into a blade, holding it upward to meet the Asmeal'strike, to meet the accusors strike.  There was a light, but only the one created from conflict, the brief glimmer of sword against sword.

Damn it

Disgraceful.  A guardian who can't protect.  It was like having a military without any weapons, a school without any teachers.  All because she couldn't understand this... light.  She had something left, a prayer, a wish, a desire to see him smile, genuinely, even if just for a bit.

I don't know.

He told me I'm not enough.

This battle IS pointless.

Pain is all I know, sadness is all I see, doubt is the fuel of my life.

I want to save him, but I know I can only help him save himself.

I want to reach the truth of all things.

It is?!  How can I fight beyond darkness?  Its all I know.

Embrace me.  Let me feel your warmth.  Its so cold in here.

A happy ending?  I don't care.

I want to reach your heart.

I am tired of this doubt.

Feel my darkness, give me your light.

I say yes, now let me shine!

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: March 12, 2019, 04:05:41 PM »
Sakura Edelfeldt

Sakura frowned as she nodded, slipping a gem in between the girl's breasts as a tip before picking up one of the fries, and taking a bite.

"Ahn!" She suddenly said as she twitched, blushing. Every bite-this food! It was divine! Out of this world! She trembled as she took another bite, and another, before refocusing her attention on Edelgard. "That-sounds dubious, if I'm going to be honest. Not your story, what you were promised. What do you know about her? You shouldn't just trust a mage, they're always trying to finagle something out of you. Every time, trying to screw you over and take advantage of you." She sounded as if she were  speaking from visceral personal experience, and spat out the words.

Edelgard

She looked straight at the young mage with eyes as sharp as a sword, though for the barest instant, her seemingly unexpressive lips quivered. "Should I not trust you, Sakura?" Edelgard asked.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: March 12, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
Sakura Edelfeldt

Sakura mumbled and groaned. "I didn't mean it-" She blushed and turned away.

Jeez. Talking to people honestlu was way too complicated. She didn't know how people did it so often.

"You can trust me, I detest the game of politics that mages play and would much rathwr live a simple life with my beloved. I don't have any ulterior motives, but this Othinus very well could. Just--"

Sakura sighed. "Just be careful, Edelgard. Don't take anything she says on faith, okay? People like that, they always have something going on in the backs of their heads, like they're grand masterminds of a great puppet show, or something."

She sighed again, and slumped down in her seat.

"I know what it's like to want something that seems impossible, too..."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: March 12, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »
Lucy

"No that's not a joke."

A low melodic voice answered ustice from behind. It was the Archangel herself. After pulling herself together, she'd taken advantage of the confusion and floated up behind the pair; her feet dangling half a meter above the ground. With pale translucent wings behind, yet they weren't flapping in the slightest, her form simply floated in mid air.

That wasn't the only thing odd about her, her appearence in general was quite strange. Her body was mangled, yet not a drop or grime could be seen on the black dress she was wearing, in fact it was in pristine condition.

"That's reality, a sad miserable reality.

She flipped her blonde locks to the side as if she just remembered something.

"I am sorry if my current form is disturbing you. I do prefer having a more appealling exterior."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: March 12, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »
Edelgard

She clenched a lonely fist on her lap, seeing the way Sakura's expression wrinkled. Edelgard was awkward, but she wasn't blind, and she didn't mean for that. But this was how she saw things.

"I know," she shook her head. The forsaken didn't wish to believe this mage was the same as those schemers, while Othinus undeniably was hiding much. But so long as this path could give her what she wanted, whatever the seer got out of it did not matter to her. Edelgard tilted her head in the closest thing to a sympathetic gaze that she could manage and spoke again.

"I'm thankful. But, think about it? If it could be done, then..."

Her eyes trailed off to Sakura's juicy burger.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:29:25 PM by YOLF »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: March 12, 2019, 09:01:42 PM »
Sakura Edelfeldt

Sakura turned away and frowned. She ran her finger along the outside of her cup and sighed.

"I'd want to do it, of course. It would tempt me oh so very much, but--"

She gulped. "But--I wouldn't sell my soul for it. This city has many secrets. Shouldn't you look around for a less suspicious option in this place before diving headfirst off a cliff without a rope?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: March 12, 2019, 09:40:26 PM »
Tsumiko

Tsumiko shot up with a start, instantly projecting a sword and covering the room in shadows. "How'd they get past my defenses!?!" She yelled out in the dark, crouching down and readying herself for an attack.

Instead, she saw Thea, and ran over to help her. Oh, she'd just been looking for water or something-something seemed wrong. Tsumiko ran her fingers along Thea's sordid, rapidly aging face. "What's happening." She asked her quietly.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: March 12, 2019, 11:06:27 PM »
Nanako

Nanako wasn't sure what to make of anything that was happening anymore. There was blood everywhere, leaving crimson streaks in her hair and her tail, and just when she'd thought she could maybe relax, the whole cocoon formed into something new and it was blindingly bright for a moment, distracting enough that she failed to notice the effects of the feathers falling around them until she realized her leg didn't feel like it was on fire anymore. The squirrel girl blinked a few times, shaking her head as she took in her restored leg. The damage to the boot and stocking on that leg made it clear that she hadn't just been imagining the injuries.

The wild doomspiral of confusion was sharply cut off as the feathers sent strange jolts through her, bypassing her skin and lancing through her brain, filling her mind with strange images, strange memories, but...brothers? What? Why was she seeing this?

And just as quickly as it had appeared, it was gone again, and before her was a new figure. The chill of a new threat rippled through her, Nanako lowering her stance slightly, gloves creaking as she clenched her fists, deciding to keep the punchgaunts on for the moment.

"Justice, what's a Morningstar?" Nanako asked after a moment, looking apprehensively between the figure in white and the one in black.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:14:52 AM by Panda »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: March 13, 2019, 12:59:20 AM »
Tsumiko

Tsumiko shot up with a start, instantly projecting a sword and covering the room in shadows. "How'd they get past my defenses!?!" She yelled out in the dark, crouching down and readying herself for an attack.

Instead, she saw Thea, and ran over to help her. Oh, she'd just been looking for water or something-something seemed wrong. Tsumiko ran her fingers along Thea's sordid, rapidly aging face. "What's happening." She asked her quietly.

Thea

She struggled to push herself up, to resist the sudden ignominious weakness of her body, but froze when she felt Tsumiko's hand against her skin. Just like that all urgency seemed to bleed out of Thea, and she settled down on the floor to look up at the girl she'd fought beside. "... I hadn't wanted you to find out like this." Damn her accursed older voice. "So I suppose I'll just have to say it, won't I?"

And this was the part where Tsumiko, being the good person that she was, would kill her. As she turned her eyes aside, preparing for the response that would come, the empress thought to herself that it was a better fate than withering away.

"I am over a hundred and forty years old, Tsumiko. I steal life from others to preserve mine." She took a breath, but pushed on. "It doesn't normally fade this quickly, but after fighting the demon in that woman it seems I've sprung a leak."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: March 13, 2019, 01:26:43 AM »
Tsumiko

Thea

She struggled to push herself up, to resist the sudden ignominious weakness of her body, but froze when she felt Tsumiko's hand against her skin. Just like that all urgency seemed to bleed out of Thea, and she settled down on the floor to look up at the girl she'd fought beside. "... I hadn't wanted you to find out like this." Damn her accursed older voice. "So I suppose I'll just have to say it, won't I?"

And this was the part where Tsumiko, being the good person that she was, would kill her. As she turned her eyes aside, preparing for the response that would come, the empress thought to herself that it was a better fate than withering away.

"I am over a hundred and forty years old, Tsumiko. I steal life from others to preserve mine." She took a breath, but pushed on. "It doesn't normally fade this quickly, but after fighting the demon in that woman it seems I've sprung a leak."

Tsumiko

Tsumiko pushed Thea against the floor, her eyes suddenly glowing red with rage. "What do you mean, you drain people's life force! Why!?!"

She sounded distraught. She was distraught. Tears streamed down her face, onto the person below her. "Why... why does the world have to be so cruel..."

She pressed her forehead against Thea's and began to sob.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: March 13, 2019, 01:38:57 AM »
Tsumiko

Tsumiko pushed Thea against the floor, her eyes suddenly glowing red with rage. "What do you mean, you drain people's life force! Why!?!"

She sounded distraught. She was distraught. Tears streamed down her face, onto the person below her. "Why... why does the world have to be so cruel..."

She pressed her forehead against Thea's and began to sob.

Thea

She didn't fight back. She just put her hands on Tsumiko's hips, and closed her eyes. Her voice was as soft and vulnerable as ever. "I'm sorry, Tsumiko. I know, it's horrible." Tsumiko's tears practically burned on her skin. Thea didn't know what to say to lighten the blow. So she kept being honest.

"I could tell you that I go after criminals, or monsters, or anything like that. But that wouldn't make it any better to you, would it," Thea asked in a whisper, as her strength faded bit by bit. "But the fact of the matter is, I only found my freedom when I was too old to enjoy it. Too old to stop the people who did this to me. So I started killing them to fix that. And then I just... never stopped."

When was the last time she'd explained herself to another person?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:23:58 AM by Aiden »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: March 13, 2019, 05:13:32 AM »
Eruraviel

Eru frowned. Humans were strange creatures whom didn't show their true feelings, truly.

She sighed and shook her head. "Very well, it's your loss." She sounded sad, forlorn.

And then she was in front of Amanda, excitedly grabbing her hand. "So, when am I getting the grand tour?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: March 13, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »
The Great Lucifer

The terrifying presence blinked innocently, for a moment it just stared at the beastkin flatly with a blank smile. "Eh?"

Sheesh. They always had to go with the hard questions. He even had to put a finger on his chin and think reeeeal hard about this. "It's, um... right... of course..." A sudden pang of pain forced him to clutch at his temple for a second. Something dark slipped out of the Fallen Star's eyes and ears, but was quickly suffocated by the overwhelming light.

"The Morningstar is myself." He crossed his arms and reaffirmed himself, his existence, and smiled powerfully. Only then did he notice the sweet girl standing on the backseat, and his expression turned absolutely radiant.

"Heya, you've sure gotten cute. Did you come to see me?"

He closed his eyes and grinned heartily.

"I've missed you too!"