Author Topic: The Slums  (Read 19154 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: The Slums
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2019, 02:39:05 AM »
Aruna

The demon stared at the man, her breasts pressed against the toned martial artist.  She had felt bodies like this before so she knew how a human body conditioned to fight should feel.  With a contempt glare, she stared at the man.  The silent whisper ceased, the spell complete.  She attempted to push him away just as the spell activated.  THe moment she was released from his grip, a black light would envelop her, making it look as if she had just exploded with dark energy.  In truth she would be invisible as she had just activated the coat of shadows spell.  If she stayed within his grip, he would still be able to feel him.

"You took my food!" she would yell regardless.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:42:40 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2019, 02:45:46 AM »
Yang

A hand smacked into his chest, causing him to stumble and trip himself. When he stopped his fall, he looked up incredulously at the woman who assaulted him. His look was even more shocked when she turned out to have vanished. But he just stared at where she was and answered flatly all the same. "Wha?"

He looked around, left and right, but still had no idea what she was on about. And even if he did, he wouldnt' be able to remember it due to what he saw being imprinted into his psyche! He could still see it, dammit! Argh, focus! Stupid, sexy peaches!

He smacked his cheeks simultaneously before shaking his head.

"Uh, I have no idea what you're on about lady! Are you saying you're trying to eat me or something? Oh god, are you..." His eyes blinked before opening wide open, and he grinned ear to ear. "Are you coming onto me!?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 30, 2019, 02:56:18 AM »
Aruna

The dark aura hiding her body vanished, her chest inflating and deflating along with her exhale.  "Ugh," she groaned.  "This isn't doing anything for me.  Your supposed to scream or hide or something, but your not doing any of that!  Your not worth eating."

The two huge bat like wings on her back flapped as she was lifted back off the ground.  "Don't get in my way again human."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 30, 2019, 03:01:42 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

"What did you say?" His tone was different from his teasing demeanor, but he still barely manage to keep the smile up his face. His eyes, however, were wide in shock... and anger. No, you couldn't even call him the same man. He even took the time to clap.

"Must be nice for you to say, when you're looking at people from up there. Do you get to decide who's worthy and who isn't? Ridiculous..."

He took a fighting stance and glared at the woman, a dark shadow washing all over his face. "Don't look down on humans like that, or you're the one who's going to get eaten."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 30, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
Spidey

Wait what!? 2 arcs behind! Wait no, focus A-70_ , FOCUS!

The spider shook his head vigorously before grinning. "Yep, pretty much! It's a pretty scary place honestly, as far from sane civilization as you get. We have some moles in there though, obviously."

He yawned before giving Justice a good pat on the back. "As it happens, I know just the guy. Follow me..."

With that, he waddled his way out. Just as he passed by the two employees, he sneered in such a way the two's spines ran chills. "Remember kids, behave. And do your jobs right this time."

Justice

He let out an unimpressed, casual hmph, slightly adjusting his scarf. At least now they were getting somewhere - if these two wanted to exchange heated proclamations about their favorite entertainment mediums, they could do it on the way.

"I hope you're fond of abyssal beasts," Justice said to the boy. It was almost surely going to be faster than whatever travel means he had on hand. Some part of the Rider was looking forward to seeing where his reaction leaned, but there was something else to know first.

"Do you have a name, or should we just call you what comes to mind?"

Would it be something that fit this spindly, unassuming image, or telling of whatever lethal danger was hiding underneath?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:19:06 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2019, 12:52:45 AM »
Aruna

Aruna tilted her head.  This was by far the strangest interaction she has had when feeding aside from that incident with that blond woman.  "Wait.... do you want to be eaten?" she asked.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2019, 01:04:17 AM »
Suerte

"Punishment!" Suerte cheered, pumping her fist into the air.

While the two were talking she walked in front of the both of them, eagerly thinking of her favorite hell horse.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2019, 01:07:53 AM »
Aruna

Aruna tilted her head.  This was by far the strangest interaction she has had when feeding aside from that incident with that blond woman.  "Wait.... do you want to be eaten?" she asked.

Yang

The young man scoffed, the wind being the only thing passing through him and his massive hair.

"No, but it pisses me off. Fucking looking down on people like that, like we're just some hamburgers to pick and choose from. You think you're better than these punks? Is that it? At least they had the decency to face me head on, instead of hiding and trying to get me with a sneak attack! You're nothing more than a scoundrel hiding in the shadows and picking off scraps. Don't act like you're worth being a predator. You're nothing more than a self righteous vulture!"

He slammed his fist into his palm, and a shock-wave boomed from him.

"Now you're either going to head down and apologize, or I'll make you get down when I pound your face into next Wednesday!"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:10:32 AM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2019, 01:18:36 AM »
Aruna

Aruna's brow furrowed.  "I suppose.  I don't think i'm better than humans but on the other hand, their souls are food to me," she said, shrugging her shoulders.  "Whether you like it or not, I eat people and nothing changes that.  And i'll never face you head on, i'm too weak to do that.  Be thankful you were born with the blessings of the light."

She wasn't going to argue this time.  The humans in this city were way too weird to listen.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2019, 01:27:23 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

He pointed at her with a giant grin. "Yeah! That's right- wait what the!?"

Yeah, he was mostly just focusing on other stuff, her reaction totally threw him offguard.

"Hey hey hey. You can't just give up like that after talking smack. Now you're making me feel like the bad guy." He lowered his guard and jumped straight on top of a nearby store rooftop, just high enough that they were roughly on the same altitude. His legs were crossed, and he just waved at her and patted on the roof next to him.

"Are you like.... okay?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2019, 01:39:42 AM »
Aruna

Aruna floated there for a second, wondering what to say next.  Despite her interactions with Nero, she really wasn't used to being treated like this.  No one ever asked her how she was feeling.

"I can do whatever I want!" she said with a small little growl, sharp teeth flashing like a hostile cat.  "I.... I'm jealous of humans..."

Her feet finally touched the ground, her wings shrinking into what could be construed as back ornaments.  She squatted down into a third world squat, blankly staring at the human.  "Whats wrong with you?  Why aren't you scared?  Is... Is there something wrong with your head?"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:40:25 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2019, 01:48:51 AM »
Yang Xiao Long

He blinked in surprise. For a bit, he mulled over just what to say... until he just closed his eyes and grinned.

"Of course I'm scared, I'm terrified. I've had people try to shank me before, like everyone tries to do once you start the yakuza business. But of all the people who tried to whack me, you're the one who came closest. Doesn't that count for somethin'?"

"My mama did use to whack me with a rolling pin though. Might've screwed a few knobs here and there. But my head's still good enough to tell when someone looks like she's had a bad day. And my mama did tell me to be nice to girls."

...Considering the lass he whacked a while ago and the whole threatening to kick her butt, maybe it wasn't the best example.

"How about you? Are you scared?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2019, 02:37:30 AM »
Aruna

The demon inched a bit closer, glaring at him the entire time.  Why were the people in this city so much different?  Why was he that much different?  "Hold on a second. Let my get this straight... your mama hit you, so your scared of girls trying to kill you and now because I almost succeeded, we now have a bond?"

Aruna's wings fluttered, generating a little bit of wind.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2019, 09:11:10 PM »
Yang Xiao Long

The man frowned before bringing his hand up to Aruna's face. Before she knew it, a mighty finger flick whacked its way on her forehead! "Don't laugh. Hmph."

He put his hands behind his back and stretched a bit.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2019, 12:20:50 AM »
Aruna

Aruna squinted at him, wondering if maybe she was just tripping human mushrooms or something, one hand rubbing her forehead.  "I don't understand!  I didn't laugh!  Are you real?"

She started poking him in the forehead.  "You feel real."

Maybe she had spent too much time alone, away from social activity.  The way humans speak must be different or something.  "Why are you upset?!  Do you want to be my freind with pain?  Is that what you want from me?"