Author Topic: The Slums  (Read 19277 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Slums
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2020, 01:55:36 AM »
Spidey

The sweat started dripping down from his face. R-rough?

He shook his head. "No. We want to use quiet takedowns for this. And remember, the sensors will sense any object moving faster than a man running at full speed. Until we get rid of them, we need to be mindful of any speed advantage we'd have... and rely on close-quarters blow from the shadows."

He scratched at his neck, trying to look away from the sudden hand contact she initiated.

"But we need to be careful. We've got one shot at this. If we're caught up there, that'll be the end of it. So... ready to fire?"

Even despite the sweat, he managed to crack a stressed-out smile at Suerte. No... he was relaxing, or trying to at least.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 24, 2020, 03:38:52 PM »
Justice

"We're gonna be waiting an eternity for a projectile to breach the perimeter without setting the sensors off then, and another eternity just to get in."

Justice scratched his scalp under the hat. The way he said it, there was no inflection to take a stand against the idea, but his eyes fell on the prisoners being rounded up in the distance anyway, ever closer to disappearing into the building's maws.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 25, 2020, 01:18:36 AM »
Suerte

Click.  BANG!

The bullet glided from the barrel of her gun.  A muffled click was the only thing heard from the gun itself as the bullet slowly made its way into the rooftop, disappearing into the night.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 27, 2020, 12:33:36 AM »
Justice

"We're gonna be waiting an eternity for a projectile to breach the perimeter without setting the sensors off then, and another eternity just to get in."

Justice scratched his scalp under the hat. The way he said it, there was no inflection to take a stand against the idea, but his eyes fell on the prisoners being rounded up in the distance anyway, ever closer to disappearing into the building's maws.

Spidey

"Didn't you just say underestimating one another is getting old?" He friendlily nudged the rider's side. With a more relaxed smile, he sat on the ground and searched for something in his pocket. Soon, he pulled out a deck of cards.

"How about a quick round of Pazaak to spend the time? Not like waiting while brooding will do us good."

And of course, he'd involve real money. He might as well make a quick buck after all. But it'd be the best way to skip out on the awkward staredowns.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 27, 2020, 01:34:29 AM »
Justice

"This is just estimating, not underestimating," he scoffed. "Not inaccurate estimating either."

He leaned against Punishment, not taking his eyes away from the path of the bullet and the shadow of their targets. "You can play, I'll keep watch."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2020, 03:01:48 PM »
Suerte

"Pazak?  Is that like poker?" Suerte said, sitting her ass on the ground with a tilt of her head.  "You know I guess it doesn't matter.  But your going to have to teach me."

The young cowgirl was actually terrible at gambling, at least from a technical standpoint.  Before she was blessed by the goddess, she lost every game she entered.  Gambling was just not her forte until after that day.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 30, 2020, 02:36:26 PM »
Spidey

"Uhhh, nah, more like blackjack. Here, don't worry." He started shuffling from his own collection deck, since she didn't have her oown cards. This way, it'd be a fair match. "Well, it's pretty simple..."

5 Minutes Later

"How can this be!?" He stared, wide-eyed at the ground - at Suerte's winning hand, to be precise. 5 times. 5 times in a row! "This is outrageous... it's UNFAIR!" He never lost a game of cards this badly. Never!

But that girl... she was some kind of card monster!

"Youuuuuuu...!" He immediately grabbed her shoulders and started shaking her like a pepper shaker, maintaining eye contact to keep the last of his gambler's pride. "Dummy, dummy, dummyyyy! You're actually a total natural geniussss!! You're even better than meeeee!! What is your seeeecreeeeeeet!!!"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 02:42:39 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 31, 2020, 03:32:10 AM »
Justice

He lowered his gaze towards the game, unmoved and unshakable. Like a mound of stone shaking off dust that was no statue but a long-sleeping automaton, deeply groved and worn by time, his body dragged itself slowly to face the two, barely rustling his clothes.

"Glad you're having fun, but the shot seems to have landed. We're up."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 31, 2020, 09:59:28 PM »
Suerte

Suerte's head bobbed back and forth, a card stuck to the top of her cleavage, another on her exposed midriff.  Boobs fell and rose with the shaking, while the hand she had fell to the floor next to them.  "Spidey what are ya talking about?  Its just first timers luck!  I just had to get uno right?"

Nailed it.

"Oh hmm we finished a whole game...  maybe I should have made a faster bullet...."

The young cowgirl stood up.  "So now what spidey?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2020, 09:46:53 PM »
"Oh! Okay... I'm guessing it should be able to keep the grapple on, even if it's the three of us..." He scratched his neck a little and backed off, thinking to himself while hiding the sweat on his cheek.

With a light tug, he tensed the string that was now reaching all the way to the other building's rooftop. He tied it to the end of the chimney on their side, and made sure it was nice and stable. Then, with a foot on the string, he smiled under the moonlight.

"I'm guessing I should go first. You go behind me and watch for guards. From this height, they won't be expecting us."

You'd think he'd offer the ladies to go first... but if you thought about it this way, it made sense. If he was behind them, he might cut the rope or leave them standing.  By being in front of them, he was also giving them insurance that he wasn't planning to betray them.

"Hope you're not scared of heights. Remember, we can get away with some light jogging - as long as we don't go faster than 45 km/h. No, not converting that for you. Miles are for suckers."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 03, 2020, 02:32:15 AM »
Justice

He gave Punishment one last pat in the head, ignoring the steed's ferocious protest, before jumping onto the string ahead of Spidey. Smirking, Justice looked back at him and Suerte.

"I'm better protected, I should go first. Besides, if something broke the string on the other end, it wouldn't be good if only you were left there," he said. "And the lucky one gets to go in the back."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 04, 2020, 02:13:46 AM »
Suerte

Suerte grinned at his comment and said,  "well then Mr. detective, go ahead and go first.  Spidey you go second, provide support and I can go last."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2020, 02:15:58 PM »
Spidey

"Well, if you insist..."

It worked! It friggin' worked! Now, he got to have a total hottie behind him. It'd be really bad if the string started to shake and she'd have to hold onto something.... heheheheheheheheheheheheheeh!

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" He laughed evilly out loud, thinking that it was all in his head. "Let's do thiiiiiiiis! Big booooobs! BIG FUCKING BOOOBS!!!" His eyes glowed with intense energy, and he stepped on the string with the confidence of 10 0000 men!

"Well, that takes care of the schmucks... and the sensors." He wiped his hands off all the blood... as they probably should. This was all very exciting and all, but it was best to cut straight to the chase. Luckily, the three's big brains were enough to save the hostages. At least, those outdoors.

There was just one problem. Or rather, one last obstacle. Having cleared the offices and found no data, this was the one place left. The science division branch of the building.

Of course, it was guarded by a heavy high-tech door. But they'd break it easily. They came this far. So why was the air so tense?

The moon doesn't shine over the restless. There was only one thing left to do.

"You had questions, right? Well, the answers are though this door. So... how about a cool combo attack to wrap things up?"

This was their chance to show off like in those Japanese anime.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:30:29 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 13, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
Justice

Justice grunted, and reached for the handle over his shoulder. The scimitar-shaped hunk of steel went free from the chain with an emotionless schwing, tip glinting in the dim artificial lights. The Rider raised it upright in a two-handed grip and breathed. The mantle of fury washed over him, unfolding cinder-covered wings, into a silhouette of ruin that stretched the weapon until its burning point kissed the ceiling.

"Mmm-RRAAH!"

The howl propelled him forward with a massive swing, sinking into the center gap of the door with a ground-shaking clunk. The horrible grind of metal on superheated instrument of murder replaced Justice's voice while he pushed on the base of the blade, driving it deeper into the final barrier.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 13, 2020, 10:01:20 PM »
Suerte

Suerte giggled, pulling a pistol from its holster and pointing it at the tip of the barrier just above him.  "I do love a man who makes noise when he works....  The grunting is.... mmmm.  I'll go for the final touch."

Several bangs went off, followed by a succession of explosions, enveloping Justice's body in fire and smoke.