Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182725 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1785 on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:46 AM »
Vatler strode forward confidently, taking the young man's chin in his right hand, looking him directly in the face.

"Does this hurt you too much, young man? Would a different setting do better for you?"

"Sagara!"

With that, a concentrated water jet from the Dragon, manifested outside the golden bubble, blew the barrier around them away before slowing down to a more gentle drip. Then, Vatler used his latent frost-manipulation from Anavatapta to build a small but exquisite room of ice on the skyscraper, trapping them in, but leaving plenty of light, allowing him to see the boy's face more clearly.

Shoving him backwards to land upon an impossible soft bed of layers upon layers of thin, watery ice, pinning the teen by pressing his hands down on the bed next to the sides of the teen, Vatler stared him in the eye intently.

"Does this suit the princess?"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:37:04 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 04, 2014, 02:27:02 AM »
Grigori could smell burnt flesh in the air. "Now that's something I haven't smelled in a while." He looked over at the barrier. "Can't be Vatler. No vampire would ever be weak to darkness which means that it's the boy." Then he saw the barrier explode and a room of ice form on top of the skyscraper. "I love that vampire." He formed a chair of frost and sat down. This was going to be amusing.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 04, 2014, 03:15:10 AM »
Well what do you know? It finally happened, all that time you spent grinding that charm stat has come back to bite you. Ah, ha ha!

Maybe I should just take a nap and let you handle this.

This is a serious problem that we should dedicate all of our resources to dealing with.

I thought so.

Now that the barrier is gone Minato switches to a Persona more suited to the frozen room.

A shatter of the mind and Minato changes the mask he wears.

Skadi is the mask chosen.

Not quite a princess but it will do.

With a thought the greatest ruler of ice reshaped the bedroom that had formed into an ornate tea room, complete with cushioned furniture and tea set.

"I think this suits my mood a bit better thank you," Minato said with a slight smile, "So why don't we talk over some tea?"

Was that wise?

Likely not but I am a bit curious about how either of them will react if they sense the sudden change in the nature of my soul.

Here's to hoping for violence.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:17:29 AM by Kurogami »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1788 on: May 04, 2014, 05:09:14 AM »
Perhaps Vatler had been too forward? The boy had remodeled the room to a tearoom instead of giving in to temptation, much to his disappointment. He would've much preferred their previous state of affairs, but he supposed he'd have to settle with refreshments for now. This boy did not quite have his sexual appetite, so Vatler would simply have to wait. One did not live for a millennium and a half without learning some patience. Lifting a single finger and using it to slice a hole in the icy room's wall with a purple beam, Vatler stared upon the screen projecting the battle of the two greatest warriors of the city, pouring himself a cup of tea.

"I'll listen to your questions while observing this spectacle, young boy. What do wish to know?"

A while before the Karna/Gil battle ensued

La Folia strode down the street confidently, a slight swing in her wide hips drawing the stares of many an onlooker, though this was not a rare occurrence. She was a foreign beauty, with silver-white hair, eyes as turqoise as the ocean on a sunny day, large breasts and a butt that should be impossible on her small frame, disguised only by a short black skirt and a pair of admittedly skimpy lacey white panties. Even so, she had an innocent-looking face and a natural graceful way of carrying herself.

La Folia, however, was merely here as a tourist. She had no more duties for the month, having finished them all in a week so that she could take a plane to Nexus City, an urban paradise to see something different than the castles and manors of her homeland. Awing at pretty much every sight on the street, La Folia wanted to try commoner food,  visit local sights... and just maybe have a certain itch scratched. You know, that one.

With the wonders of the commonwealth surprising her at every step, La Folia kept walking down the vast street, her frilly skirt dancing on her hip.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:14:00 AM by Brahmastra »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 04, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »
Satoshi clasped bits of metal between his hands as a searing noise began to sound, the heat would obvious from ten feet. Slowly adding more metal to the misshapen lump he eventually formed twin bracelets and after an utterance of magic words dumped them seemingly uncaringly into a projected bucket. Seeing as they had not shattered he muttered a few things and the bucket filled with water, water which immediately vaporized completely leaving the cooled bracelets.

"Shabby" Satoshi remarked "But then so is the prisoner I suppose" he added turning to go back into the apartment.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 04, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
There was a world between their views, so, the knight thought about something that wouldn't cause conflict. Mordred carefully eyed Downy as she stepped forward.

"If I may suggest something, Master. I believe Lobelia hasn't come back to us yet. We could have him help us in locating her. That way, he can be of use to us without having to worry about bringing harm upon innocent people. I would consider it a fair deal if it helps us bringing back one of your Generals. But first, could you at least deal with what's weakening him?" She turned to Lycodrake. "One of us is missing. We would appreciate your cooperation in that matter."
Downy Reed
The Inbetween

Downy recognized the serious intent of the dragon's words. Though he had never met a Dragon in person he had studied them. They were often times very ancient and wise creatures though personalities differed they often stayed true to their own goals regardless of the situation they were placed in.

After a moment of thought had passed Downy finally spoke up. "Myself and my companions simply wish to finish a task laid out before us. There is a man named Gabriel, he has done a great misdeed to me. I simply want to repay him in full. As for the rest of the people in this city, the innocents that you speak of... I have no interest in them any more. They will not be harmed so long as it is avoidable, of that you have my word."

He let into a bow one most fitting of his stature and stared directly into the creatures eyes so as to show he meant every word he spoke. But would the dragon believe him?
"I am indeed a skilled tracker, but I ask of you both: which is more important to be found, your ally or your enemy?"

Lycodrake trusted Mordred, but something felt off about this Downy Reed. It was not the air of magic about him, for Lycodrake had experience dealing with all sorts of elementals and magic users who used "evil" magic to protect innocents and those precious to them. He had offered his help in return for healing, and he was never one to break his word - unless the other side of the bargain broke it first.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 04, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
"Well I wasn't really thinking of questioning you, but while I am thinking about it, what kind of magic was that first beam that hit me? I have been wondering because most attacks don't blow me away like that."

Brahmastra

« Reply #1792 on: May 04, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »
"Simply a tuft of condensed mana, boy. Nothing special to it, although given your weird elemental weaknesses, the shadowy powers of it may have been doing the trick." Vatler said, as he took a large sip of his tea.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:18:38 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 04, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
Well what do you know? It finally happened, all that time you spent grinding that charm stat has come back to bite you. Ah, ha ha!

Maybe I should just take a nap and let you handle this.

This is a serious problem that we should dedicate all of our resources to dealing with.

I thought so.

Now that the barrier is gone Minato switches to a Persona more suited to the frozen room.

A shatter of the mind and Minato changes the mask he wears.

Skadi is the mask chosen.

Not quite a princess but it will do.

With a thought the greatest ruler of ice reshaped the bedroom that had formed into an ornate tea room, complete with cushioned furniture and tea set.

"I think this suits my mood a bit better thank you," Minato said with a slight smile, "So why don't we talk over some tea?"

Was that wise?

Likely not but I am a bit curious about how either of them will react if they sense the sudden change in the nature of my soul.

Here's to hoping for violence.
Grigori frowned. Something was wrong. Something was different. He hadn't felt something like this since the experiments on the soul he started on that one village. Well, time to find out what it was. Grigori rose from his chair and tapped the ice. It quickly broke apart into a hole large enough for him to walk through. He sat down in a chair and smiled at the two people within. "Did anyone here miss me?"

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 04, 2014, 09:52:05 PM »
"Ah, that explains it. Well, that was actually my only real question." Minato looks thoughtful for a second before going back to his normal expression. "I don't mind if you want to ask me a few things though."

A few seconds later a hole opened up and the deity from before came back in reminding Minato of one simple fact.

"I never did introduce myself did I?"

"Arisato Minato, nice to meet you both."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 04, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
"You may know this already, but I am Grigori. Grand Archmage, Death God, and a man in search of amusement. It is a pleasure to meet you Minato." Grigori smiled but it was far from kind or happy. It wasn't malicious but there was something off-putting about it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:14:47 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1796 on: May 04, 2014, 10:10:47 PM »
"I am Dmitrie Vatler, the Duke of Ardeal, and humble servant to the Lost Warlord, the First Primogenitor." Vatler said with a polite nod of his head. "It is a great pleasure to meet you, Minato", the lust blatant in his voice.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:29:08 AM by Brahmastra »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 05, 2014, 10:16:02 PM »
So it looks like Grigori hast taken an interest in trying to figure me out, and Vatler is interested in me in an entirely different way.

For a moment, both of them looked like they wanted to say something but stopped, Minato then notices that the fight has stopped as well, and everything has turned grey...

Minato looks over at Vatler,

A sound of shattering glass,

A card appears in Minato's mind

"I am thou, Thou art I.
Thou shalt receive even greater blessings from the Devil Arcana.
"

Minato feels a surge of power.

A new social link has been formed!

Time flows again.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:17:04 PM by Kurogami »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 05, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Grigori twitched. Something was very strange. There was something off about this teenager. He smiled. That would only make this more interesting. This Arisato Minato was proving to be a very entertaining person. It would be prudent to keep an eye on him.

"You are a very interesting person Arisato. In fact, I have no doubt that you will prove to be very entertaining. We could be good friends you and I. In fact, as a symbol of my willingness to befriend you take this."

He reached inside his cloak and within his hands an enormous amount of mana was turned into a construct. A simple deck of tarot cards. The only thing off about it was a single sigil that appeared on the back of each card. It was the symbol for sight and would allow him to use the cards as his eyes.  He placed the unassuming deck of cards into the teenager's hands. "It is important to understand the forces that guide oneself."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:15:12 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1799 on: May 05, 2014, 11:28:21 PM »
"Tarot cards, huh? In the world I am from, "destiny designators" like these are mostly made redundant by modern magitech, but proper cards have a certain charm to them, do they not?" and with that, Vatler's hand struck out, picking a single card from the deck.

With the tip of his tongue poking out of his lips, Vatler gave another playful wink at the blue-haired boy.