Cross Effects > Areas

Highway 13

<< < (4/46) > >>

YOLF:
Justice

A hundred throughts heavier than the planet gathered on his tongue like a cannon ready to fire. The poison in the air stirred, sizzled, but in the wake of Suerte's casual dismissal, it faded. Justice huffed at the spider.

"Don't speak to my partner again like that." And his silver eyes blazed like a flashing barrel, before he slumped in his seat. "No pickles."

Kotomine_Rin:
Spidey

"Why you fuckin...." His body was trembling and shaking. Just as the two were about to figuratively hurl lightning at each-other from their eyes...

Suerte just kinda popped off the bubble.

"You said it's cute? You mean it? You really, really mean it??" He almost jumped and stared right at Suerte with wide starry eyes. He fidgeted like a kid who just got praised for the first time in a long time. "I-it'll help! Hopefully! I mean...

His eyes narrowed down to a sadder, almost solemn forced smile. The kind you try to force at a funeral.

"The guys who died were on the Alpha combat class, they could eat rockets for breakfast. Why else would the higher ups care that they'd just kick the bucket? I'm just scared that the same happens to you. I just..."

Wait, wasn't he just getting all angry and offended a second ago? Was he... no way.

The spider sniffled, trying to hide it away. "I don't want to die. I don't... I don't want this. It's like this every time! I always have to watch... no matter what... the Boss will just keep on..."

He clutched at his face. With one hand, he drove by the drive through line. Just talking while he drove.

"Even when my friends keep dying around me, I keep coming back. I just don't want to lose two partners again. - It'll be two cheeseburgers with no pickles, a triple chicken deluxe, a double quarter pounder blt, two milkshakes, five large fries, 20 pc nuggets and the weekly special."

The automated intercom quickly responded. "That'll be $95.37." 

He pressed more buttons and processed the payment.

"You get it? I'm not asking for you to forgive me, and I know I can be an ass about it... but i'm not letting anyone die this time."

yinsukin:
Suerte

For a moment, the cowgirl considered telling their driver her powers but she decided against it.  The fact of the matter was that it was best if people don't know about her powers.  At the moment, she just didn't trust the man enough yet.

"Don't worry," she said, resting a hand on the back of his chair.  "We will get the guy.  I don't want to brag, but rocket fire isn't that big of a deal to me either.  I may look soft, but I won't go down that easy."

She looked at Justice, wondering how mad he still was.

YOLF:
Justice

As Suerte looked, the highly-strung threat seemed to have drained from Justice's poise. He let himself slump more comfortably in his seat, and pulled the ornate reinforced clothes over his own, testing them out.

"We're counting on you then," the Rider said, rolling his shoulders. A solid sense of expectation steadied his cautious tone.

Promises of life and death weren't to be made lightly, but it was precisely one of the most admirable qualities of mortals that they could so simply mean them. Whether this spider did, that was yet to be seen, and so he didn't shake his head at Suerte either.

Kotomine_Rin:
A-702

"Hehe. Thanks..." For a moment, there was a sad look in his eyes. He still managed to smile. "Well, you can count on me then! After all, I'm a supergenius. With your brawns and my intellect, we'll get out of any pinch!"

As they kept driving forward, the atmosphere turned more serene. Despite that, there was a foreboding feeling in the air. The highway was by no means empty, but aside the car that initially tried to cut them, there wasn't much in their direct vicinity.

"Say, are you two dating? You're kinda cute together."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version