Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 15237 times)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Suiren

Suiren heard Butler’s words, but her focus remained on the man, the stupid, worthless, weak man. The Golden light continued to dance, as she did so.

She saw his glare, and she saw his indecision, his rage, his sadness, his confusion. She saw it fly though his eyes. But it was that glare that angered her more. He was enraged, enraged at her words. Good, that was the proper reaction. People react to the truth with anger, people deny things with everything they have, and with that their anger boils as they reject their nature and fate.

But Suiren was not like that, and because of that Butler was right. Her wrath was pointless against him. However, she would leave him with a warning. And a response to his silent challenge.

And so she reached out, her existence reached out and listened, and from the flames she heard the heartbeat. She heard the crackle, she heard the pulse of the ignition, and she claimed it for her own.

The golden light that poured from everything around her vanished, she had no need to for it. However from the flames it surged with even greater intensity. It danced like lightning from the remaining flames of the circle, and moved to Suiren’s limbs.

The golden lightning dance, and slowly it changed. The lightning was no longer there, but rather her feet and hands were ablaze with golden flames.

Golden Flame Ignition Blow!

It was a show, a show of her force, a show to tell them what she was. His flames were nothing to her, simply something else for her to reign over, just another thing to claim her superiority over, for she was the Empress.

And with that she simply turned and left, as the golden flames began to dissipate.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:34:29 PM by Knick »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

The mage waited a moment before speaking again. "And you lack the desire to know more? I could teach you, if you so desired."

The hand in the air returned to tracing the scars on his chest but this time tiny, tingling bolts of energy accompanied her gentle touch. People were always rather willing to accept things that came for free. It wasn't as if her aid would be detrimental to him but it would give her an ally and a degree of control, and while those may not be worth much now there was potential.

Natara

The pale woman's annoyance was beginning to rise quite quickly. She stood up despite her body's protests and gave the man an equally old look.  "You should be glad you lost only an arm for interfering with things beyond your ken. Your drink will not be able to help me and neither will you. Leave. Now."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor considered the offer for a moment.

I mean, I've never really liked...

Be that as it may, this isn't Orthos. New problems means new tools will probably be in order.

...Fair point.

Meanwhile, the hand that had just shot a fireball at Laivatain now came down, tracing along the many scars the teen had collected, the strange sensation drawing a slight shudder from him as the Armogarian construct covering him wavered slightly.

"Yes, I suppose I would like to learn more," Adjutor admits, "What do you want in return? I'm not naive enough to think that you'd teach me if you didn't get something out of it."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
The half-elf couldn't help but respond these things. "That's rather arrogant, you know? To assume that your races' presence means that this Plane is 'earth', let alone that you have the authority to allow or disallow the presence of someone here."

He must have misheard the man. Take away a gift given by Aisha to Anatu? While he had no fondness to blood magic, who would see a being like Aisha, or that gift, as evil? He wouldn't stand for it. "I think the two of you should keep yourselves well away from lady Aisha's gift. There is no harm in such a gift."

Gintoki

"I have right to frown on shady people. Just look at that woman, cutting her wrists like a teenager going through a phase and being bad example to the youth. That's just next level compared to that battle crazed woman I met, at least she was beating up right people and not peddling dangerous stuff to kids. Even if I nearly tripped because of her and almost broke something precious to me. But never mind her, bygones are bygones, Gin-san already forgave her. This 'lady' though clearly needs help from shrinks. Now, where is telephone booth, so I can call the hospital..."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

At least he wasn't stupid. A more innocent pupil would be easier to mold but she could do with a little challenge. "I receive the chance to tutor and shape a youth into anything I see fit. And I find it prudent to make allies. If I teach you I will expect you to aid me if I require it. But if you are fine with that there is one last condition. I will have to inscribe a tracking mark on you. It will allow me to find you anywhere and tell you if I require help."

Tracking mark was a very cute name for the slave brand that the Tevinters would use but it did sound nicer.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Just

“Look, I appreciate the advice, but I will handle it as I think I should” Just told them, with an annoyed look. Of course he was going to do it; he would do it while alone with Anatu. He does have a kid and granddaughter, he does somewhat know how not to make a scene.

He didn’t really care about if they were inhuman as long as they did not attack people. And he ignored the Silver haired man’s crazy ramblings.

Then he looked over to Anatu with a smile and gave her a wave.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Butler

Well, it seemed that was that. Taking a second to wonder at Suiren's drawing on the flames Lorenzo had started, Butler lowered his cane and secured it to his belt. With a curt bow, he too turned his back to the others and walked away.

He adjusted his pace to Suiren's, keeping his gaze looking forward rather than to her face. After a few seconds, he softly called to her, "Milady. May I take you somewhere more liberating?"

And with that question, he gracefully extended a gloved hand, turning his bare bones face to her with what would've been a subtle smile.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:22:04 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

In response to her demand the woman began lashing out in a display of power and rage.  She devised a plan to throw Lorenzo out of the area and face the woman herself.  All she wanted was to make sure he was safe, even if she died in the process.  Besides, it would have been exciting to fight someone so much stronger than she was, even if she died in the process.  However, the skeleton intervened, and somehow stopped her rage.  A wave of relief came over her.  She had done her job.

Medaka looked over at Lorenzo.  It was clear that he was feeling extremely emotional, although she did not know why.  Perhaps it was something similar to the fight with the dark man, a trigger that set him off.  Whatever it was, it seems like he was recovering from it again, albeit much slower than last time.

Suiren

Suiren heard Butler’s words, but her focus remained on the man, the stupid, worthless, weak man. The Golden light continued to dance, as she did so.

She saw his glare, and she saw his indecision, his rage, his sadness, his confusion. She saw it fly though his eyes. But it was that glare that angered her more. He was enraged, enraged at her words. Good, that was the proper reaction. People react to the truth with anger, people deny things with everything they have, and with that their anger boils as they reject their nature and fate.

But Suiren was not like that, and because of that Butler was right. Her wrath was pointless against him. However, she would leave him with a warning. And a response to his silent challenge.

And so she reached out, her existence reached out and listened, and from the flames she heard the heartbeat. She heard the crackle, she heard the pulse of the ignition, and she claimed it for her own.

The golden light that poured from everything around her vanished, she had no need to for it. However from the flames it surged with even greater intensity. It danced like lightning from the remaining flames of the circle, and moved to Suiren’s limbs.

The golden lightning dance, and slowly it changed. The lightning was no longer there, but rather her feet and hands were ablaze with golden flames.

Golden Flame Ignition Blow!

It was a show, a show of her force, a show to tell them what she was. His flames were nothing to her, simply something else for her to reign over, just another thing to claim her superiority over, for she was the Empress.

And with that she simply turned and left, as the golden flames began to dissipate.

Medaka simply watched as her limbs lit up in flames, her face unchanging.  As the woman began to walk away Medaka smiled and called out to her. "Im sorry I tried to hit you with a car.  I was having a bit of a bad day.  I think if we met under different circumstances we could have been good friends.  You really strong!  I would like to fight you properly sometime!"  She waved as the skeleton asked permission to leave.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:06:13 AM by yinsukin »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor considered the terms for a moment, mulling over them along with Xarrest for a good few moments.

I mean, she has a point here. Allies are a good thing to have. Especially in a place like this

At the same time, being bound to her...

Well, more like she can find us and call us if the need arises. Besides, it's a fair price to pay, really.

Yes, I suppose it is.

"Very well," Adjutor says finally, "I accept your terms."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas

If Roxas had learned anything from his fight with Vanguard, it was that he can't win a fight just with brute force.  When he tried this attack last time his opponent was damaged but not defeated or even stunned.  Still, he was surprised that she was healing so quickly.  He knew what was coming next, a fatal counter attack.  Thanks to the fact that he stopped time to deliver his attack, he was able to time it so that he stopped delivering light strikes right as the 8 seconds were up.  In that very same moment, he cast Reflectaga.  He made a cross shaped block with his keyblade and a magical circular barrier surrounded him. Whatever attack impacted with his shield would create a large spread of light particles that contain the force of the attack that hit the barrier.  These particles would be limited to the area around them, hitting most of the rooftop aside from the edges.  It would also hit the immediate space in the air around them.   This was the last part of his counter assault.  If he could not end it here, he was sure to lose.  He gambled that after that last assault, she would take him seriously and give him a attack worth deflecting. 

Rikuyo

The force of the shockwave was met with the shield that dispersed the kinetic force of the attack. The boy still ahd it in him, and again, Rikuyo wanted to end this fight. So she transformed back, her arm turning into a claw of a pistol shrimp, which snapped generating even more force. She kept at it in hope to smash away that barrier, he couldn't kept at it forever after all.

Roxas

He managed to hold the barrier together as she delivered a second attack.  Immediately afterward, the barrier dropped.  However, in its place a powerful shockwave of light magic covered the entire roof, engulfing Rikuyo.  It contained the combined power of all her strikes to the barrier.  Regardless he still took the third strike.  Thankfully, he was already blocking, so he was able to absorb a bit of the shock of the attack and avoid getting sent flying again.  Even so, he was still damaged greatly.  He dropped down to his knees in exhaustion.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

The boy agreed and Urthemiel smiled. What she was about to do was what the elves of Elvhenan would call vallaslin, blood writing. It would be on a smaller scale but that was acceptable. She moved in front of him and grabbed his chin with one hand before forming a small blade of ice in her other hand.

With ease the blade bit lightly into his right cheek again and again, but every cut was quickly healed without a trace with a flash of white light. Every time the blood would spread and sink into his skin slowly changing the color of  it to a darker red. After a few minutes of incessant Urthemiel began to use blood magic.

She cut her finger and pressed bleeding digit against one of Adjutor's latest cuts. All it took was intent and power, and the bond was established with a eerie red glow. She could find him anywhere and cause a dreadful burning sensation to tell him that she required his services.

With that done it only took a few moments for the last cuts to be made and healed and the dark red blood writing was completed. The symbol of Urthemiel now dominated the right cheek of the boy. The woman was pleased with her work and stood up with a smile on her face.

"Now we can begin your training. We'll have to start with establishing your connection to the Fade. I can explain more to you after this is done but for now just tell me what trait describes you best."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

Michael gave the man a flat look, torn between exasperation at Chalice girl and remorse for the Hydromancer.

"If the arm is going to be a problem, find a healer," Michael says, "You can send me the bill. However, this problem isn't quite simple enough for healing potions."

With that, he turns to Natara, "I admit, it's my fault that you've got more of the Taint in you right now. Once more, can you possibly pass it on to someone else?"

Adjutor

As the woman moved in front of Adjutor, part of him couldn't help but lament the sudden chill that overtook him where she'd been resting against him. Then she conjured a knife from seemingly nowhere of ice and, before the teen could even think to draw back, started to cut into his cheek. While hardly painless, the knifework couldn't even begin to compare to the process that made him what he was now.

A few minutes pass, each cut followed by a flash of bright white light. After one final cut, Urzara slices her own finger open, pressing the wound to the last cut she made on the teen's face.

Blood magic. Of course.

Oh boy...

A rush of power flowed through the teen, with only eerie red glow lingering for a few moments after the fact. Then the woman's question registered as she stood up with a smile on her face.

"Justice," Adjutor says after a few moments of thought, "That's the closest thing I can come up with, really."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

There was nothing in the world that could prepare a man for this. His flames, Lorenzo's flames that once stood proud had been defiled, trampled upon and claimed by that woman. No shame, no dishonour was greater than this. Had she spat in his eye and slapped him, it wouldn't have compared to the sheer indignation he felt. It was a challenge, that fucking whore challenged him knowing she had already won. And then Medaka spoke.

Nothing in the world could prepare Lorenzo for this. She had taken her, that wretched woman by the name of Surien had taken Medaka too.

So why, why did he envy that golden flame so? Why was her shine so beautiful? Why was it that he couldn't find that strength? Why? Why was it that after all that she had done, he felt such awe and admiration? He had been ruined, his life's work had been shat on by that woman. So why, why was it so beautiful? Why was that woman so beautiful, even despite what she had done? Why could he not bring himself to loathe that golden flame of hers?

In life, Lorenzo had always been a simple man. It was, in a way, the appeal that he could bring in others. Despite his grandiose speeches, those around him knew that he only sought happiness. For him, all he did was to find pleasure. At least, that is how the man named Lorenzo lived. But there was one fallacy in that statement.

Yes, he did live his life as a fulfilled man, a joyful man. However, that man had died died long ago, along with his crew. No matter how much he tried to go back, Lorenzo couldn't feel that same fullness any longer. One could say that his facade was more akin to a caricature of his old self. A reenactment of what he wanted, yet could never obtain. He tried to hopelessly reenact the happy days he lived along his crew, to remind himself of the carefree pleasure he once had. Because he truly wanted to go back. But it was worthless.

That little fight he had against himself, that stubborn refusal of the truth of his, it only proved to bring pain to everyone. It was worthless.

He was worthless.

And so, the worthless man clawed at his face, only to realize there was something awfully wet trickling down his cheeks. Instantly, he fell as if he was a marionette who's strings were cut. He couldn't move, he couldn't yell and he couldn't think. There was nothing on his face that could be inscribed as emotion. No laughter, no sadness. Nothing at all. If he hadn't broken long ago, one could have said something just broke in the poor man's mind.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

Justice was not expected and it was also unacceptable. A spirit of justice could easily make itself an annoyance and there was even a chance that it could recognize her and that would just end poorly. Something less intelligent but still relatively powerful would have to do. "Don't move at all or I can't guarantee your survival."

The Veil was not thick in this city at all. Blood and magic flowed as freely as water during a storm and it made tearing it much more easy. The Old God cut her palm and allowed blood to flow and power the spell before a call was sent through the Fade as the Veil ripped. It wasn't long before it had attracted a few demons and spirits. She ignored the creatures of desire and pride and they would not dare to challenge her directly, but she did eventually call over a powerful demon of rage. It had fed well in the city. The rage of werewolves and other supernaturals created quite a feast for it.

Still not as powerful as a demon of pride but it was certainly strong enough to provide an ample connection to the Fade. It wisely ignored her and focused in on Adjutor and getting through the Veil while Urthemiel kept her slitted eyes focused on the green distortion in the world for any more invaders. Thankfully they stayed away for now knowing that they could leave much easier and safer through the tear later while the demon surged through the Veil. Heat and anger so great it was almost palpable blossomed in the area, and the two dots of baleful light that served as the demon's eyes met Adjutor's before heat and red energy flowed into Adjutor as the demon attempted possession.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:37:43 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

"Can you both shut up?" said Richard with the same affable tone, the slightest hint of annoyance present in his voice.

Glaring coldly at the two, he sighed before speaking up to the woman. He wouldn't even take the time to speak to the foolish man. But that woman, she was strange.

Truth be told he didn't think she was human in the first place. But he wouldn't jump straight into conclusions just yet.

"I am telling you to drink this because I know it will help. I know it will help, because if I didn't, I wouldn't be wasting my breath and my time to tell you this. And if I am trying to help you, I might have a reason to do so. As if I'd be wasting my valuable time on an ungrateful brat like you if I wasn't sure I could do something. Now, if you want to drag your pathetic, filthy, sickly face around town until you croak, be my guest. But let's pretend you don't. With that said, how about you behave and drink the bloody thing before I decide to shove it down your throat?" snapped Richard, now clearly annoyed by both of their stubbornness.

He wasn't going to take any of this shit a second longer than he had to.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:58:41 AM by francobull3 »