Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - October 21, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 20780 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard pondered on this for a moment. Then, he looked at her and spoke up. "No, that won't be necessary. At least, for now. Later, when it is time and place to do so. In the meanwhile, do you have anything in particular to ask?"

"How much do I get paid for my future services?". Noriko asked, smiling innocently. The truth was, while Ametsuchi Noriko practised magic neither for fame nor money, she couldn't conjure things out of nothing. And unlike that old bat in a skin of a child, she felt distaste for casually ruining economy. So she had to work for her living.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Hyoudo Tenma

Tenma shook her head and patted Shinobu on her shoulder. "Don't sweat it, its not your fault." She said with a friendly tone. Picking her stuff up, she turned back and gave the rest a toothy grin.

Deep down, she couldn't help but feel torn by this. It was her fault things had gone wrong, if someone more adequate took her place, it probably wouldn't have been like this. It's just... she always messed up like this. She felt useless, torn up. Well, its not like it was the first time, and at least they didn't seem to want to betray her.

"Come on guys, let's not wait to rot here." She added lazily before walking up the stairs and opening the door. The cold wind hit her face like a trick, and the sunshine was a bit too bright. Wincing, she sighed and simply looked on at the horizon.

Vanguard

Vanguard couldn't help but be unimpressed at the child's question. He had given her an opportunity to deepen her knowledge, and she would waste it on such a trivial matter? This idiocy reached the peak of foolishness, it was simply too much. This was somewhat displeasing.

If she cared so much for earthly matters, she would not make an ideal mage. While her abilities could be useful, such a mindset was nothing more than that of a pawn. A sheep.

"That will solely depend on the work you can accomplish. At the very least, I can assure you will have a roof and a meal. That is, as long as you remain useful." He said flatly, without displaying a shred of interest.

Thedoctor

Shinobu

Gintoki

"Are you an alien?" he asked the girl who warned him to turn back.

Shinobu looked at the silver haired man before answering.

"Alien?, no I'm a vampire, a creature of the night who feeds on human blood.....and donuts."

" But yes it truly is time to get moving" With that she followed the mad scientist up the stairs and out through the door. When she caught up to Tenma she decided to question her about her future plans

"If I may inquire, Whereth art thou going now" she asked While bowing in a ridiculously over the top manner. 

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

“♫Rider, Rider, always my Rider~♫” Sakura sang softly to herself. “♫Rider is mine and only mine~♫.” Sakura continued to braid Rider’s hair, singing innocently. She was blissful at this moment in time.  She finally had Rider again, Faust would never have let her do something like this. After singing like this for a few minutes, she looked up at Rider. “I wanna go home.” Whether she meant back to her home world or her house wasn’t clear.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
The White Sun Consecration

The blade moved to the sun, it was trying to destroy the light, trying to destroy it completely.

It failed.

The moment the sword hit the sun, it stopped. It was mighty; no doubt, it was powerful, without question.

But one cannot destroy a near infinite string of creation. Even if it was destroying some of the light, it could not continue. It was a thing; it was a thing that was one, was finite, and was defined. It had a physical form and an effect. Ultimately that is what it was. It was not one with the truth, it was not something expressed by the truth, and it was not something that could withstand it.

And so while it tried to cut into the sun and destroy all the light that made it, the sun attacked it in kind.

Not even the strongest stone could withstand a mighty torrent with no end in sight. And that is what the blade faced. And so, despite the fact that it might have been impossible, despite the fact that it should have been inconceivable to the girl, the girl who failed to understand that her powers we not flawless, were not absolute.

And so the sword burned, parts of it were consumed eliminated from the world by the truth exploding from the power of light and truth it sought to end, and what was left, a shadow of its former self, was pushed back out of the sun. All that remained was wound in the sun, a small wound the size of a blade that was shortly filled with new light.

The Saint – Hamara

The blade hit the sun and Hamara did not even look up, he did however tense slight and his body slightly bent over. Small drops of sweet dropped from his brow and he immediately caught his breath that he lost from the shock.

He felt it; he felt the strike on the sun’s form. Dangerous, it was dangerous whatever do that, it was like rejection, like a powerful rejection.  It was not enough though, the power of all the light collected within the Sun was vast and the blade's power was snuffed out, not able to reach far into it, not able to destroy much of the sun. Like a glass of water thrown into a roaring fire. And with a surge of his will the light filled the empty space, like water flowing into an emptied bowl.

He could not allow this one to do what they wished. It could potentially disrupt the consecration. It was his duty to see it though, to perform this for the sake of his brothers and sisters. So he would stop it.

And so he clenched his hand, and his power reached into the sun, and from the sun near the enemy numerous spheres were released. It would not waste the power of the sun, it just served as a mean to quicken the final result.

Then the orbs shined, and a torrent of light was released at the woman, seeking of burning her and pushing her away. Even if she was human, a human with strange and unnatural powers like he has seen, even if she was one of his brother or sisters, they would at least be knocked away, blasted away by the wave of truth.

The Saint – Entrance

The man approached, and the squad of guardsmen tensed. ‘Dangerous’, that was the one thought they had when they saw the man in front of them. He reminded them of their Captain, a man considered one of the strongest in the world in his prime. Walking with purpose, each motion carrying a weight and no openings for the eye to see.

His black armor seemed to shine in the light of the sun while his black hair framed his face. He would have been considered handsome if not for how intimidating he was.

And so, the one man in charge of the group at the entrance spoke up as the man approached, prepared to do his duty. “Sir, turn back, no one is to pass on our captains orders, and we would prefer to not have blood spilled this night.”

Crest

Crest gave a slight hum as he accepted her answer. Annoying, it seemed this place was a city though and though, although it would be possible to avoid any patrolling force. He had no doubts the Saint would gain influence over them soon.

He would have to find a way to avoid attention even more then he has been, if that bastard established a safe spot it would be impossible to avoid him for long. But he would also need to get food, but since it was mostly station around shops he would probably be able to steal it. As he thought he took out a piece of jerky and began to nibble on it.

“Valuables, money, food, anything you have, put it on the table” He gestured to the table with his machete as he continued to nibble on his food, the bags under his eyes being slightly more apparent than they were before, and his breathing slightly uneven, but it was hidden under his mumbling.

Roger’s Theater

Just took a deep breath from his nose, loosening his grip on his weapon slightly and twirling it a bit. “No, we will wait. I have to stay here.” He looked at the boy ghost before smiling slightly, “You can help if you like.” Being around the youthful ghost reminded him of his son, back when he was young.

It was nostalgic, and in a way it was comforting. Also, this child did not seem to hate the sun, just interested in it simply with childish curiosity, it was refreshing.

“For now, how about we play a game of I-spy while we wait.” He chuckled, “I spy with me very eyes something that is…” He saw the gold seats and the finishing on the walls, “Gold.”

Suiren

It hurt, but it was not a real pain. It was throbbing, a dull throbbing though her body. Groaning she removed herself from the stone slowly.

Then she felt it.

Heavy, she was heavy. Why was she heavy, why was there such a weight on her body. It took more strength to move her limbs, to move her body. There was something pushing against her.

Suiren’s eyes widened, before they narrowed, understanding what happened.

Its power was getting stronger, so she had to use more power to restrain it. That’s what this was. This was her punishment. The woman’s power… her power wasn’t in existence. She was a font of power, and from her the power to create new life was constantly pouring out. She tried to take something, to dominate something that was out of her sphere. She could dominate anything that existed.

But her power was creation. It was something new, a force that made something that was not there. It was not “life” but the “creation of life”.

And because of that, because of that simple reason, that oversight, it was something outside of her grasp. “Hah, so that’s what she meant…”

Yes, she remembered, the words of the 1st. The words that told her she hand to understand and explore her own limits, her own nature. It seemed she had a misunderstanding about something. And so Suiren let her butt hit the ground, as she sighed exhausted.

“So… I guess I just have to overcome this also huh…” She mumbled, “Ugh, so annoying.”
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:12:20 PM by Knick »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily watched him as he considered her information, a little distracted with worry of the possible mess that could happen when Mordred came home to this. She'd really have to pull some impressive fast-talking to get through this without causing a scene, especially considering how volatile Mordred was and how volatile this man was proving to be.

...Hmm...don't think now would be a good time to ask his name... but at the same time...hmmm...

Before she could open her mouth to do so, however, the man spoke. Emily decided to let the slightest bit of worry show on her face at his demand, nodding and reaching into her jeans pocket. Pulling the wallet out, Emily laid it down on the table.

"That's all," Emily said, "Like I said, we haven't been here long. Haven't had time to buy anything, and I didn't come here with anything aside from this..."

"So..." the Changeling continued after a moment, still letting a little worry show on her face, "We might as well get to know each other, unless you're intending to go back out there. I'm Emily."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard couldn't help but be unimpressed at the child's question. He had given her an opportunity to deepen her knowledge, and she would waste it on such a trivial matter? This idiocy reached the peak of foolishness, it was simply too much. This was somewhat displeasing.

If she cared so much for earthly matters, she would not make an ideal mage. While her abilities could be useful, such a mindset was nothing more than that of a pawn. A sheep.

"That will solely depend on the work you can accomplish. At the very least, I can assure you will have a roof and a meal. That is, as long as you remain useful." He said flatly, without displaying a shred of interest.

Noriko

He seemed to be disinterested by her question. Yeah, surely financial matters bored someone who didn't need to care about food. But it didn't go unnoticed for her how he stared at Seras' arm beforehand. "I know, I know. I'm a tool, and whatnot. That's how the capitalism works anyway. But, would I get a 'premium' for acquiring 'research' materials? I know where to 'find' one, even if it's not particularly unique one, but a good start, I guess?" She smirked and couldn't help imagining what things she would do to that old bat in the name of the progress. Assuming she was enough stupid to take the bait.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:35:31 AM by Kat »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard was taken aback by the magician's sudden... eagerness. If she had at first nothing but his faint curiosity, now she had his attention. It seemed they did, after all, speak a common tongue. But her choice of place and time to discuss such matters told him she was still inexperienced, naive. While she was a sheep, she could perhaps be of some use after all.

And he intended to make use of her to the limits of her endurance.

Vanguard scuffed at her words before allowing himself a bemused internal chuckle. Then, he lowered himself to the girl's ear, holding her beautiful delicate hand and letting his cold metal fingers run trough hers, and whispered lowly, low enough to avoid even the most furtive meddlesome ears.

"Of course."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:54:24 AM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Shinobu looked at the silver haired man before answering.

"Alien?, no I'm a vampire, a creature of the night who feeds on human blood.....and donuts."

" But yes it truly is time to get moving" With that she followed the mad scientist up the stairs and out through the door. When she caught up to Tenma she decided to question her about her future plans

"If I may inquire, Whereth art thou going now" she asked While bowing in a ridiculously over the top manner. 

Gintoki

A Stand, a vampire, a zombie, now another vampire. Gin-san certainly had ran into many not so quite alive things. But donuts. This sounded alarming. As a man constantly on the verge of developing diabetes, he had to be wary of her. He needed his precious body fluids, and he could only afford wasting the one coming out from between his legs. "Donuts? Not parfait or cakes?" He asked the vampire girl, catching up with her and the nerdy one.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
EMIYA SHIROU

The boy grabbed onto his arm, and suddenly he was floating(?) through a pool of perfect darkness, and then spat back out on the now ruined roof. Shirou blinked, disoriented. He had studied a lot of magical theory with Tohsaka, even though he couldn’t put it to use, but that wasn’t something he recognized. On top of that, where there was once a dragon, there was now a woman. A rather irritated woman berating the poor kid for the terrible living conditions.

Shirou decided to not bother making sense of any of this. He knew he should jump in and save the teen from getting chewed out like that, but he couldn’t find the energy to do so. His body and heart were too heavy.

LANCELOT

One of the guards stepped away to greet the dark knight, presumably the one in charge. Lancelot stopped and heard his words, grateful that they did not draw their weapons. “Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the nature and purpose for this light, then. It…” Lancelot paused, not sure how to explain the voice in his head, or if he even should. “I believe it could help me. It is of the utmost importance.”

AKIHOLARME

Violence it is. Aki considered her foe, adorned in shining armor and armed with a brilliant battle axe, which he swung around with one hand, what the fuck? Even the undead Red Eagle hadn’t done that with his massive ancient flaming sword, and he had been strong enough to numb her arm every time he smashed her shield.

Deciding she would have to play this smart, the Imperial soldier let go of the hilt of her sword and shifted the strap of her shield farther up her arm, allowing her two free hands to cast with. She couldn’t tell if the other man was a mage or not, and so decided to play it safe. Fire was less expensive, and worked on pretty much everything. Two small magic flames appeared, one in each of her hands, which grew in intensity as her grip around them tightened. Then she cast them both, one covering her entire body and armor in magical fire that would burn anyone who got in melee range (and looked pretty cool, if she said so herself). The other struck the ground to her right, which flashed in the tell-tale signal of a rune being placed. Then the light faded, leaving only a faint orange glow to mark the explosive rune’s presence.

Preparations complete, and now almost drained of magicka, Aki pulled her shield back into place and unsheathed her ancient nordic sword, sparks dancing along the dark blade. She charged at the opposing knight, shield readied in front of her in anticipation of the greater range of the battleaxe.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:17:57 PM by Kaze »
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ghost Child

The small child clapped his hands in excitement before floating around for anything gold. Within a few moments he was excitedly tugging on the fake shiny seats with ghostly force. He puffed up with pride at his victory and began his own pick. "I spy with my little eye-"

He suddenly stopped and his upper lip began to quiver. A single finger was raised and easily moved into the empty socket in the spirit's head. Then he sagged like a deflated balloon when he realized he had no eyes to spot with. He couldn't play the game.

Aisha

The creator looked down on the half Child. It was not judgemental but there was something strange in her eyes. This Suiren was a mere baby. A fledgling that had yet to fully mature. There was potential but there was an equal chance that it would be snuffed out. Regardless, it was not her nature to coddle her children because they might die.

"You have potential, but you must learn what your limitations are before you surpass them. I will leave this place for a time. If you are still alive when I awaken seek me out again."

Then Aisha turned her back to Suiren and simply walked away. Perhaps she would return in a few centuries but for now it was time to rest. She had seen a forest here before. It was old and primordial and sang of a time before now. Aisha would be glad to rest there for a little while.

Erica

Artificial eyes examined sword clashing with the sun dispassionately and only focused once the false star had been repaired and balls of light broke off from it. The Spirit Vessel's glowing eyes shone bright as the orbs of light did and the Lance immediately shifted to the space right in front of the wonderful, powerful girl before the Mantle launched her at impossible speeds.

As the mystical armament finally began to lose speed a tilted platform flashed into existence to let her leap directly in front of the person that made her want to live. The orbs had released a river of light and the part of the Mantle around her arm unfurled and like the other idle half shifted into a Claw. They were held out with open palms to block the light and protect the one behind her.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor winced a little at the dressing down that Urzara proceeded to hand to him, quashing the minor indignant annoyance that rose up in him.

"My apologies but, I don't actually know who this man is," Adjutor admitted, "We just met each other and our meeting consisted of me saving him from a dragon...sorcerer...thing. Also, I...don't actually live here...I think he does, but I was intending to bring him somewhere a bit safer, if he was willing."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Matou Construction Site

Kern watched as his opponent cast their magic, and waited. He would not attack, not at time, wait for the woman’s assault. And then she charged, right into his range. His body pivoted from his left foot first as the base.

In an arc he moved, his right side moving to the forefront, and while he did his grip on his axe loosened slightly, and the axe slide in his grip until part farthest from the head was grasped, around the grip proper. And the axe swing through the air, striking at the girl.

This was Kern’s first strike, full destructive power, strength and speed in the place of control, the might to crush his foes with his greater build and might. And this was his first move in this fight, a fight between knight and dragon.

Suiren

"You have potential, but you must learn what your limitations are before you surpass them. I will leave this place for a time. If you are still alive when I awaken seek me out again."

Suiren looked at the woman standing in front of her, she heard her words, and in that moment the image of another seemed to fold over her, the image of a woman, a slightly more petit woman then Suiren. He unnatural eyes and hair seemed to sit calmly in the breeze as she stared at Suiren with undisguised joy. 

“If you want to be great, you must do that yourself. Creation your weapon, weight your tool, and supremacy your means. But they are yours alone. That is who you are, golden child.”

Suiren closed her eyes, remembering the words, they were told to her a rather long time ago, for her at least, when she first became the 7th. The calm air billowed though the clearing as the woman began to walk away.

“Hey, do me one last thing.” Suiren called out suddenly her eyes still closed. “Just one more bit of my stupidity alright?”

She slowly got off the ground and dusted herself off, “Just once,” Suiren began. “Just once, let me show you Me.”  And in that moment the golden light was back, roaring around her body as she looked up at Aisha.  She was being stupid. She was attacking her with the earth, with the sky, and she would have with flames if she was able.

But that was an insult, both to this woman, and an insult to Suiren onto herself.

“Just one time, let you show you my might, and mine alone.”

There was no hate, no frustration, to exhaustion or annoyance. There was just her, and for the first time since her fight with that wolf, she felt peace.

And Suiren’s eyes were never quite as beautiful.

The Saint – Entrance

The guard… almost looked sad for a moment, but it was mixed with surprise and shock. This man… he could hear the underlining hope, or was it despair, there was a thin line between the two at time. He looked up the building for a moment, contemplating. There was no anger or agitation in the man's voice or stance, so he was not being harmed by being this close to the light.

The captain would probably be upset with him, but… “It’s to protect them, protect our brothers and sisters, our fellow men and women" He looked back at the man, “Our lord, he wants nothing more than to protect them, to protect those people.” 

The guard sighed, “It might be for the best that you don’t see him now… but if you want to speak to him after, I have no doubts he would love to speak to you as well.”

Roger’s Theater

He smiled at the boy ghost, “Now now, don’t be sad, or I might get upset myself.” He chuckled lightly. He lowered himself to a sit and took off his glove again, softly pulled out a small odd piece of wood from a pouch and a knife. And slowly he began to cut away at it, small wood chips dropping to the ground.   

Almost as if sensing the boy’s worries he kept himself calm, and softly asked him a question, “Now, go on, you don’t need an eye to play. You can see right?” he then looked closely at the thing he was carving a bit, before changing his grip slightly and continuing, “Go on I won’t look at where you are looking. Pick something, but you might want to challenge this old man a bit.”

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
Forest

Forest blinked as a young girl who resembled the girl who wanted her dead at the Emporium landed before them.  She was about to go on guard when her senses told her that this wasn't the same girl; her smell was completely different and she didn't have that aura of magical power that clung to her like a second skin.

Kenzo, poor sweet Kenzo, sort of freaked out.  He was soon on his knees, begging for their life and Forest chuckled.  She walked over to him, placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "Kenzo, I don't think she's going to hurt us."

"Heey, um, can you answer the question miss? I'm really lost and I need some help," the young woman said.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't be crazy.

Forest smiled and said, "I can try to help, don't know if my phone gets signal out here though."  She pulled out her smart phone, turned it on, and confirmed that there was at least wifi around here.  "Oh, well, it does!  Nice, okay . . . so we're at the outskirts of the Nexus."

Oh Lord and Lady if she's new . . . Oh, her pet is really cute tough!  I wonder if it would freak out if I tried to pet it.  With her permission of course.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

The slitted eyes of the Old God switched over to focus on the stranger after Adjutor gave his explanation. His odd coloration was rather pleasing for its uniqueness but he was not skilled in hiding his weariness. She sauntered towards him with perfect grace and stopped right in front of him. The look she gave him could make the hearts of the most experienced people race and fill their cheeks with red. She raised a finger and traced it along his jaw, and as it moved a flare of healing magic burst into existence. Basic rejuvenation to restore stamina and ease tiredness.

"So, boy, are you mute or will you tell me your name?"

Ghost Child

The kid perked right back up at the encouragement and began to look around for something hard to see. Empty sockets gazed around at the interior of the theater for something special and after a bit of fruitless searching he simply used Essence to conjure a splotch of blood on the ceiling. "I see with my little eye something red!"

Aisha

She stopped. This might just be worth it. Something she would allow this time alone. Perhaps it would be a decent ending to an otherwise uneventful introduction. She turned her head to just catch a glimpse of the Child. "Then show me what just Suiren can do."