Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43299 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura smiled at Ron as he got into the car. "Hi there~~~" she sung out to him. "You seem a bit surprised, hehe."

As soon as Ron shut the door, her driver began taking them to their destination at a leisurely pace. She'd told him to give them some time, after all.

Ron

"Heh, yeah, I guess I do. You weren't kidding about money earlier..." He took a closer look at the inside for a moment, just to get a sense for what he had to work with in here in case things went ugly. Not that he expected it, but it was a good habit to get into and the wolf in him appreciated the effort. "So, where are we heading?"

Sakura Matou

"To the house and after that the apartment. I thought you'd like to get a good look at it before you make any big financial decisions." She said with only a bit of a smugness in her otherwise genuine smile. She just loved being in control of these sorts of things. "I decided you might like to have a bit of a choice, after all."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Noel Vermillion

Some Time Later

After about an hour of unholy smells and sounds coming from the kitchen, Noel emerged carrying... something indescribable. It looked like black, poisonous, toxic sludge covering slices of who knows what. Just looking at it gave one the impression of death incarnated as food. It couldn't be safe to eat.

"Here it is~" Noel said, handing Erica a heaping bowl of the stuff. "Eat up, before it cools off!"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura smiled at Ron as he got into the car. "Hi there~~~" she sung out to him. "You seem a bit surprised, hehe."

As soon as Ron shut the door, her driver began taking them to their destination at a leisurely pace. She'd told him to give them some time, after all.

Ron

"Heh, yeah, I guess I do. You weren't kidding about money earlier..." He took a closer look at the inside for a moment, just to get a sense for what he had to work with in here in case things went ugly. Not that he expected it, but it was a good habit to get into and the wolf in him appreciated the effort. "So, where are we heading?"

Sakura Matou

"To the house and after that the apartment. I thought you'd like to get a good look at it before you make any big financial decisions." She said with only a bit of a smugness in her otherwise genuine smile. She just loved being in control of these sorts of things. "I decided you might like to have a bit of a choice, after all."

Ron

He could smell the smug on her. Truly, he was with a wicked human being. At least she wasn't the lady who ran the bakery downstairs who collected his rent right now. Making him pay double the rent for the same space just because Anne was there was cruel. Truly cruel. It was a lack of good, reliable alternatives that had brought Ron to this point.

"Well, thanks. Definitely need to look at it all first." He smiled anyway, because it looked like his luck was turning around now. "So, here's a question: What are the neighbors like?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Ron

Sakura Matou

Ron

He could smell the smug on her. Truly, he was with a wicked human being. At least she wasn't the lady who ran the bakery downstairs who collected his rent right now. Making him pay double the rent for the same space just because Anne was there was cruel. Truly cruel. It was a lack of good, reliable alternatives that had brought Ron to this point.

"Well, thanks. Definitely need to look at it all first." He smiled anyway, because it looked like his luck was turning around now. "So, here's a question: What are the neighbors like?"

Sakura Matou

"I've never heard of any complaints reported about the house I'll be showing you, and at the condominiums, I can assure you that they're all quite nice and reliable people. I've never had a big issue with the rent of any of them. Oh, um, if you decide to take the apartment, don't mention your rent prices to the other tenants, ok?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

"Talking about your money is a good way to lose it in Nexus." Like when he took home his first paycheck back in high school and got jumped after flashing it around. Sure, Ron gave as good as he got there, but he couldn't turn into a giant furry killing machine back then. Baseball bats hurt. "You must put a lot of work into the neighborhood to keep it clean, huh."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard shrugged dismissively and stared at the girl, no, more like observed her. Illogical, was she simply oblivious to her corpse lying next to her or did she simply not care? He walked around her like a vulture, gazing down at the puppet body like a vulture.

"Sometimes, though I suppose feel would be the wrong term." He said, finally smiling politely. "It is good that you can't feel a difference, the operation seems to be successful."

He stared down at her again, rubbing his chin and observing her slightest movements like she was some sort of interesting specimen, an intriguing piece of meat whose existence he found fascinating. Good grief, being around that man for so long seemed to have finally rubbed on him.

He chuckled at the thought and shook his head, such a foolish thought. And mistaken, as a matter of fact. He must've been like this from the beginning, there was no need to shift blames. He smiled and, with a single clap of his hands, a door in the laboratory opened, revealing a completely empty room.

It was fairly large, enough to house a hundred men, and most peculiar were the grid-like textures on the wall. This was no ordinary room, but with its minimalistic design and large scale there was no mistake. This was a testing room.

He bowed curtly and waved his arm to the room, indicating her to enter. By all means a polite request, but there was nothing in his words that asked her anything. No, it was a command.

"I do need to test your stimuli and reflexes, just to make sure there is no error in the synchronization. Say Meti, why don't we enjoy ourselves a little?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Ron

"Talking about your money is a good way to lose it in Nexus." Like when he took home his first paycheck back in high school and got jumped after flashing it around. Sure, Ron gave as good as he got there, but he couldn't turn into a giant furry killing machine back then. Baseball bats hurt. "You must put a lot of work into the neighborhood to keep it clean, huh."

Sakura Matou

Sakura shrugged. "Notsomuch any more. The Vampires and their ilk have learned better than try to interfere with my stuff. It used to be alot more work. Nowadays we only get fools and newcomers causing any trouble." Sakura spoke as if it wasn't really a big deal to her.

Sakura paused. "Anyway, what's your income like, on average. I don't want to be scalping you, after all. I'd like to charge you something you can reasonably pay."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:29:29 PM by Sinib »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

"You mean we get to cook for him?" Shirou asked, excitedly, stroking the adorable creature even more as he responded.

Shirou and Sakura loved cooking, and they especially loved cooking meals for others to enjoy. Having someone else to spoil with their cooking was a real bonus.

"Did you hear that?" he cooed at the creature in his arms, his excitement and enthusiasm obvious. "We're going to cook you lots of delicious meals!"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Forest of the Past

"You sure you don't want the boomstick?  I can use the pistol just fine," Forest said as she lifted said shot gun.

While waiting for him to answer, she did a deeper probe on one of the minds on the third floor just like he suggested.  She wanted to know if they knew what it was she couldn't read.  Knowing was half the battle after all.

Liam

"I prefer hittin' to shootin', personally. Keeps the killing to a minimum there." Not that it really bothered him to kill people on any gut level. It was more of a principled thing; only certain people really did anything worth getting straight up murdered by a bloodsucking demon like him. Liam smiled. "Besides, the good book is a little fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps."

The men up on the top floor with the psychic dead spot were tough to get more than surface impressions from themselves. What Forest could pick up for sure though was the certainty that whatever their boss was, definitely wasn't human. Oh sure, the white man with his bald head and light facial hair looked plenty human. He was even pretty handsome. But surface feelings revealed their fear of the creature that wore that skin. It fed on that fear.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

"You mean we get to cook for him?" Shirou asked, excitedly, stroking the adorable creature even more as he responded.

Shirou and Sakura loved cooking, and they especially loved cooking meals for others to enjoy. Having someone else to spoil with their cooking was a real bonus.

"Did you hear that?" he cooed at the creature in his arms, his excitement and enthusiasm obvious. "We're going to cook you lots of delicious meals!"

Oka Kurosawa

"Uh, yes. You get to cook for him. It's really a great thing, isn't it." Oka said, going along with his enthusiasm. Really she just wanted to leave and spend time with Jin, but she had to wait for the right moment to ditch him.

Eevee

The pokemon squealed at his new master. He didn't really get what was so amazing, but if he was excited, he should get hyped too.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura shrugged. "Notsomuch any more. The Vampires and their ilk have learned better than try to interfere with my stuff. It used to be alot more work. Nowadays we only get fools and newcomers causing any trouble." Sakura spoke as if it wasn't really a big deal to her.

Sakura paused. "Anyway, what's your income like, on average. I don't want to be scalping you, after all. I'd like to charge you something you can reasonably pay."

Ron

"Vampires, huh?" Well, he supposed it wouldn't be appropriate to bring Medaka and Shinobu around then. Not that it would have been without that consideration since he doubted Anne would be all for it. Unless she would be? That was a conversation he wasn't looking forward to.

As for money, it depended on how many gang members he was rolling for wallets and what kind of repair jobs he had going on. "Well if we take it month by month, an average one lately's been a couple thousand a month. But living in a good space I'll probably have a little less; not as much vandalism to fix up, you know?"

Thedoctor

Shinobu

The man or rather skeleton performed some underhanded and dull parlor trick to take the bottle from her. Not that she really minded that he had tricked her with the almost headpat, she had intended to give the bottle to him anyways so the means were of little concern. However it was what happened next that grabbed her attention. The skeleton had stopped his boisterous speech the moment he heard Medaka's voice and even muttered her name. Interesting...most interesting.

"It seems the two of you know each other, I wasn't aware that my cute servant spent her time with bony men though, would you care to explain how that came to be?" She said as she flicked the dazed skeleton's forehead.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka continued to stare blankly at the skelleton creature before her.  That voice, that ship, that previous boisterousness; it could only be his.  Yet this form, the fact that he was even still alive.  She couldn't comprehend it.

"I...thou- You...  Lorenzo, your alive?" she finally said, her body stiff and unresponsive.  If she still had to breath, she would be choking right now.

Thedoctor

Giant dogoo

The blade stuck true cutting a line through the big blue mass and put an end to it's miserable existence, or so it seemed for a second until the dogoo kept moving forwards unperturbed by the blade lodged in it's form. It slammed into the tall man with the force of some jelly like substance that weighed a lot but kinda not and truthfully it was just really slimey and gross.

Neptune

"watch out!"

The purple haired goddess ran towards the brave man and tackled him out of the way of the blue man eating monster sending both of them crashing to the ground with her landing on top of him.

"I warned you didn't I? You need to really whack that thing until it stops moving, kinda like chopping vegetables like a mad chef."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

Contrary to popular belief the fallen angel was not so foolish as to relinquish his hold on Dainsleif. Nay, the blade came out of the creature when Neptune courageously pushed him out of the way, and he held onto it with a fierce strength indeed. "... so you did. My apologies, Neptune." Gadreel conceded this even as he rose from the ground and took the goddess with him, pushing aside the distraction of her charms as his mind overcame the frankly ridiculous scenario he was in to take things more seriously. "Tis not the first time I have faced such a foe. Merely the first in which it presents itself in such an absurd package!"

This time he approached with more caution, testing the range of the abomination's mobility with his own motions that blurred before the human eye and making opportunistic hacking motions at it with his demon weapon. The force with which he struck then was enough to displace some of the wretched slime that its form consisted of by turning his sword as it passed, cutting through it as if it were mere jelly while pushing some of its mass out of the main body, and prevented it from closing the gap with any rapidity.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:22:52 AM by Aiden »