Author Topic: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction  (Read 35029 times)

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
Re: Things That Annoy You in Fanfiction
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2014, 10:37:02 PM »
qwerty, yes, we are.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »
Seriously, the attention lantzblades gets to due being too controversial should be diverted to less controversial fic writers who need feedback more, especially those who debut as fic writers. That is all.

Now proceed to other stuff.

Not necessarily fanfiction, but scalie and furry versions of Nasuverse characters creep me out.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:39:49 PM by AKatIsFineToo »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2014, 10:39:03 PM »
Wait, why does Lantz get special treatment. I get he's 'special' but I don't think he's THAT special.

Arch, that statement goes for all fics, really. This isn't a thread for discussing specific people's work. It's fine mentioning it or whatever, but Qwerty was turning this into a thread for discussing Lantz's work specifically.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2014, 10:42:14 PM »
qwerty, yes, we are.

If we are, then lets keep talking. I rarely see you Xam, what's up?

As for fanfictions, it would be nice if the fans of those fics weren't so bad sometimes. They say some of the dumbest things and treat it like as if they did something unique or some bullshit like that. "OH MAN, SHIROU IS SO DUMB. I WISH YOUR AWESOME OC KILLED HIM AND TOOK HIS PLACE! HE'D CERTAINLY MAKE A HAREM AND MAKE A HAPPY ENDING!"

I already said, we're dropping it. Can you stop bringing it up now? I'm following the rules already Cherry.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:43:25 PM by qwertyfatcat »
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
Also, sane Berserker. Somebody at BL came up with a sane Berserker idea for fic, and I went lolwut. Sane Berserker is not a Berserker by default.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »
Also, KAIZA discussing about the warning about not discussing Lantz's fic in this thread is still discussing Lantz's fic in this thread. Are we still talking about what annoys us in fanfiction or what?
Ha ha, very funny. Don't try me.

Now, let's keep this on topic.

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »
Doing alright, qwerty, quite alright at that. Currently helping some others with a fic for FFN (not Nasu-related) of my own volition... I just like helping people.

My current annoyances with fanfics? It just came today, but someone put the wrong number on his chapter count earlier this week, giving the impression he had two more chapters than he really did. Of course, because I looked at it, I could tell him he goofed.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »
Also, sane Berserker. Somebody at BL came up with a sane Berserker idea for fic, and I went lolwut. Sane Berserker is not a Berserker by default.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a sane Berserker. Mad Enhancement can be turned off.

It defeats the point of using the class, of course, which is why there is generally no reason to do it, but I can see reasons why you would want to do it in a fanfic, especially Zero fanfics.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »
Well, the idea of the Berserker class is to strengthen weak servants by making them go insane. You didn't see Lancelot or Heracles making civil discussion. Why would Kariya or Illya do anything differently concerning ME?

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
Well, someone wrote a fic where Kariya didn't have Lancelot as Berserker, if anyone is curious about that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »
Well, the idea of the Berserker class is to strengthen weak servants by making them go insane. You didn't see Lancelot or Heracles making civil discussion. Why would Kariya or Illya do anything differently concerning ME?

Well, Kariya having a sane servant would be a major advantage to him, in reality, because his best chance of saving Sakura is to summon a servant who can kill Zouken or remove the worms from her somehow. I suspect that has a lot to do with why Zouken told him to use the Berserker class in the first place....

Xamusel

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
Uh, Cherry, the premise of the fic I mentioned was where Kariya didn't get a Berserker because he hates Zouken's guts... and Kiritsugu proceeds to kill Zouken as a means of getting an alliance with Kariya.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2014, 11:12:37 PM »
Well, Kariya having a sane servant would be a major advantage to him, in reality, because his best chance of saving Sakura is to summon a servant who can kill Zouken or remove the worms from her somehow. I suspect that has a lot to do with why Zouken told him to use the Berserker class in the first place....
Well that is true, but it isn't the point. This is about summoning a sane Berserker. If Kariya only participates to save Sakura then Zouken will simply have him summon a Berserker to ensure his own survival(As you said a sane servant could probably just reduce Zouken to dust). This means that the Berserker will be under ME. There is no reason for Kariya not to and several for why he should.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
Well that is true, but it isn't the point. This is about summoning a sane Berserker. If Kariya only participates to save Sakura then Zouken will simply have him summon a Berserker to ensure his own survival(As you said a sane servant could probably just reduce Zouken to dust). This means that the Berserker will be under ME. There is no reason for Kariya not to and several for why he should.

Well, for Kariya perhaps, but for a fanfic writer there are plenty of reasons to want it to happen that way, because otherwise it's very difficult to write a story based around Kariya that isn't basically the same as Zero. So, it is not surprising that they find excuses for it.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2014, 11:19:15 PM »

Actually, it's because really, Zouken gives no shits about Kariya, and probably would have just iced him and taken the seals if he came close to winning, to get that wish for himself.

As a consequence, Sakura WOULD get to go free, but only because Zouken would be pimpin' out on his wish and not need her anymore.