Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 183277 times)

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #780 on: June 11, 2018, 02:46:19 AM »
Amanda

"Do I look like a walking fountain of knowledge? I can find out the real juicy info if you just give me some time ok~" She gave the elf a beaming smile in return, one which she at least tried to be honst unlike the signals she was getting from this woman. "Well there are a few more things I know..."

She then went on to give them a recollection of the various prominent members of said faction, what their agenda was and how they usually operated, as well as an estimate of the kinds of forces they had in their pocket.

All the while that certain set of runes was doing it's work, making even her voice sound sweeter. "I'm trying to help you know... do you have to be so hostile?" She asked Eru.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:47:51 AM by Bern »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 11, 2018, 03:09:42 AM »
Lighthart

Her eyes widened a little bit at the display. Did she seriously just do that? How foolish, and quite insane to be honest. But most upsetting was how she had made the first step towards victory. She did not like that much, though she liked this little paltry display even less.

The smell didn't bother her much though. It was a familiar friend she had known too well on the battlefield.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 11, 2018, 03:13:58 AM »
Eleanor

A hand carelessly waved at her before blindly ruffling through the pockets of Eleanor's now bloody coat. She was truly an utterly mad woman. No other reason could explain how even without a head she could not just maintain her rituals but begin new ones. A key this time, impaled upon it was a mote of light and the symbols she hinted at with her other hand, weaving it from symbol to symbol, invoked the Hour of Knock.

The attack grew utterly inhospitable. From swarm, to legion, to sea, the attacks grew exponentially not only in number but in strength. Even the slightest spiderweb crack in the barriers overflowing to burst with the Lore of Openings.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 11, 2018, 04:01:12 AM »
Hannah

"Tch...!" That level of multi-tasking was absolutely insane. The only way she could hold against that was to abandon her efforts at retaliating and focusing entirely on reinforcing her barriers! "Weave." She grabbed both of her remaining barriers and wove them together so tightly they were visible to the mundane eye. Slivers of Eleanor's magic managed to slip past the cracks before she could make it 'airtight', but they could only splash against the natural resistance lurking in Hannah's blood.

The effort left her sweating at the forehead a bit. "You... planning to regrow your head anytime soon?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 11, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
Olga Marie

Afterwards...

The two girls had left the alley, and were now on their way to buying clothes. Olga was relatively inconspicuous, at least compared to how she was before, and she was humming a happy tune, as she was now in a rather excellent mood. She currently had the chance to incorporate powerful elemental genes into her mage linage. Today was a very good day indeed. "So, Lily, do you mind if I ask why you have the form of a young girl? Can't you take other forms as well?" She rubbed the shorter girl on the head. "Or is that just your natural form?"

Lily

Her body momentarily ignited as Olga rubbed her head, although the flames died down the instance right after they had come to life. It felt good, a comfortig touch was always a welcome one, especially when emotions were still running high after what they had done.

"Mhmm..... This is my natural form, until I gain the ability to turn into fire itself."

She idly wondered how far was left to the clothing store, part of her just wanted to feast on something, to devour a fine meaty steak, but another part wondered if she could convince the mage beside her to buy something silly looking.

"That won't happen in a long time. How about you, can't you just conjure something more? You're making that ridiculous blue suit just fine."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 11, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »
Amser

"Fate and destiny. In the end it all came down to these simple yet inescapable principles. Certainly it was impossible for a human to break these bounds. Utterly futile to struggle against them! There was no point at all. It was no different than a character in a book bemoaning their origins. They are incapable of leaping off the page, slaying their creator, and seizing their own destiny. Even as they weep and curse the author, all a human can do is accept it. But all that means is that I am no longer human, isn't that right?" She walked towards her helpless target, walking through a bubble of accelerated time without even the slightest bit of fear.

Her clothes and weapons turned to dust but her body was timeless. Accelerating the flow of an eternal object was fundamentally pointless. Amser strode through, unrelenting and utterly naked as the bubble of distorted time failed to do anything to her. "Yet I am not truly free. While I may have escaped the bounds of humanity I am no god. But still, I am far greater than you." Her opponent kneeled as her clothes instantly returned, as unblemished as ever. The same could not be said of her opponent.

Someone like him, who had scrounged, and scavenged, and begged for even the slightest scrap of power could not match her. His abilities took of his own lifespan. Now he was nothing more than a withered husk. On her face was neither compassion nor joy, but instead an uncompromising yet merciful look. One that could be likened to the divine. "Tell me where you acquired this power, chronomancer. Do so, and I will give you the same chance for eternity that I was given." And she took out her pocket watch.

His whispers were pained are quiet, but desperation drove him forward. He told her of a grand temple lost in time, great horrors and treasures alike, the glimpse of an object he had seen. He spent his last dying breaths trying to unravel the puzzle of the object she gave him in return, but the spark had long since faded. "It appears he wasn't listening. A mere human cannot escape their fate. and his was death."

Now then, the last things he told her were about some sort of orca-man? She was certain that he was not deceiving her, but where would such a creature be?

It turned out that the being was not only real but seemed to have a sort of bar in the city. Well, used to at any rate. It had been thoroughly wrecked. Perhaps this information dealer had finally been dealt with?

Synchronization reaching critical value.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 06:37:32 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 11, 2018, 06:37:36 PM »
Orca

It took a while, maybe even longer, but eventually the girl would blink, as all do.

And in the blink of an eye, someone appeared on the far corners of her eye, unassuming and unnoticed.

"Hullo." A voice suddenly called to the maid. The same teasing grin, the same tired eyes, same old routine same old...

Oh, right. Store totally out. Oh well, wouldn't stop him from pouring a drink from behind the shattered counter. If everything wasn't completely destroyed, it'd look just about what you'd expect, just an everyday bartender bar-tending.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 11, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »
Lucy

Soaring through the sky was a novel experience to her in of itself, but they way it was facilitated this time was far from ordinary. "Of course, you are the greatest steed I have ever had the pleasure of riding..."

She stopped suddenly as something he had said sink in. What was that? It was unknown but not entirely unpleasant, and she couldn't quite grasp it.

"N-no one has called me that before..."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 11, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »
Jalut the True

"Hah! You couldn't possibly think I'd be coming onto you! As if a great demon would mingle with an angel. I am way out of your league little one!" He nearly spat these words, but not at her. He was in far too much of a good mood for that. Around them, humans screamed and cars rushed away to avoid being crushed, only for the flight to resume again. Streets, rooftops, windows. All was fair game, and the streets began to show marks of his travel.

"You just happen to be too light to be a queen just yet. But for someone with such a frail body, you sure gave me some nice wounds! I haven't got to have my blood boil like that in years..."

Maybe the severe blood loss helped, not that his body hadn't lost a bit itself, but a demon warrior wouldn't go down so easily, his carapace was impossibly tough and his innards were not even human. But that didn't change the very simple fact that this had been fun.

The stars and moon shined over its blood-red armor. Had it always been stained in that color? Honestly, he wouldn't remember that himself. It was most odd, just a few minutes ago he was seriously trying to kill her, but now he seemed to have pretty much gone over it, and was honest to god pretty contagiously upbeat.

Maybe that is just how demons rolled.

"You showed me something interesting, and I'm in a good mood. The demon clan was merciful enough to allow skilled humans into our ranks, so someone with an ability like yours might fit in." A sharp glint of green flashed in his eyes. "But if we are going to be partners, there is something we must do first. An initiation ritual..."

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 11, 2018, 09:28:44 PM »
Lucy

If the great demon could see behind him, he'd have witnessed a rare sight, the princess of the underworld pouting for the first time in over a thousand odd years. This miracle was fleeting however, like all things of its nature it passed, only to be replaced by cold fury. Her grip tightened just a bit more around him. When it finally passed the tipping point it wasn't an explosion but rather a blade of ice right through your heart.

"Call me an angel again and I will rape your corpse...."

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:30:46 PM by Bern »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 12, 2018, 12:02:44 AM »
Amser

Amser walked up the counter, unsurprised by the sudden appearance. No, more than unsurprised. She sat as comfortable as any regular. There was no need to ask for what was for sale when the past peeled back before her eyes. Amser leaned in, resting her arms against the counter. "Give me a whiskey of your choice, the one on the bottom right shelf. And tell me about the Time Temple."

Her eyes glanced over him for a moment in passing. Seeing nothing of worth she shut her eyes for the time being.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 12, 2018, 12:44:30 AM »
Lighthart

"Perhaps, assuming it isn't your head she will claim."  She answered absentmindedly. A ghost of a smile cret on her face as the orb of light shone, only for her to catch it in her hand. "Don't worry, you have yet to fail. Try as many times as you need, use as many chances as you can claim. I know you have the potential to win, and it is not in my nature to pass a mistaken judgement."

She closed her eyes, admiring, at the very least, the resolve at hand. Sweat was a beautiful thing to glance at, especially when earned through tribulation. "You can do this." She declared solemnly.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 12, 2018, 01:25:04 AM »
Jalut the True

The demon's eyes widened in shock, and he felt his spine freeze as if a block of ice had impaled it. It was the same feeling as before, but much more intense. His hearts raced, as if trying to escape, and his legs went numb despite the massive leaps being nothing but a slight workout.

An elated chuckle escaped his throat. He was getting too old for this. "Heh heh heh...alright, you have odd tastes. I guess I'll settle for princess, you pesky demon wannabe! No hard feelings?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 12, 2018, 02:18:11 AM »
Sakura Matou

"Wormy! Fire Blast!" Sakura commanded, pointing her finger at the devilish door. Upon her command, or perhaps even slightly before it, Wormy did as she was told, and released a blazing hot blast of concentrated death hurtling towards the door. Upon contact it exploded with enough force and energy to melt reinforced steel.

Magnificent Tower

The hungry door from before let out a terrible screech as its front exploded off in gibbets of molten metal! It thrashed and writhed, and began to disentangle itself from its little crevice in the side of the tower's nigh-impenetrable stone facing. A thousand fleshy tendrils shot through with iron revealed themselves as its maw melted away in agony, and it tried to reach for the perpetrator of its agony.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:50 AM »
Lucy

"I'm glad we've come to an understanding Jalut the True, but know that I have birthed more demons than you have slayed enemies of your kind and more than you ever will" Her voice was no longer sharp as a blade, but rather sweet as honey, honey that is so poisoned one mere gulp with cause all your instetines to explode in a shower of gore and viscera.

The grip also lessoned back to where it had been, but the presence was still looming over him like a spectre, ready to sweep in should he make the wrong move.

"Now what is this trial you mentioned? I pray for your sake it is neither trite nor boring."