Author Topic: The Citadel of Sorcery  (Read 14750 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: The Citadel of Sorcery
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2019, 03:44:55 AM »
Edelgard

She shook her head, and rose out of the water, clambering from Sakura's arms. "I am fine," Edelgard said, pulling herself out of the tub, one leg after the other. She turned to the girl, throwing lines of dripping hair over her shoulder, and looked into her eyes with composed finality.

"Maybe... later."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2019, 03:09:15 PM »
Sakura

Sakura felt helpless. Edelgard needed speech therapy or something. She just couldn't always communicate effectively with her, and it made her feel bad.

None of this showed in her mannerisms, however. She simply nodded, and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, this is also pretty new to me. This having a friend thing. I don't know what sort of boundries I should be using."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2019, 03:21:39 PM »
Edelgard

She inhaled sharply. "No, not your fault," Edelgard said.

Edelgard, daughter of Eirun, daughter of Tymros, son of Thorin, son of Lothrin, son of Lothbrok, son of Ratan, was like a chipped blade that insisted on damaging itself against things that could not be cut. Her sharpness could impose respect, and her toughess would let lesser blades break against her. But no matter how she polished, how she filled it in the gaps, the more she did the more scars she gained.

Sometimes, just sometimes, she felt she wanted for more, but had no name to give that impulse.

"I'm glad," she continued, breathing through all of her lungs. "That you're here."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:22:29 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 02, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
Sakura

Sakura got out of the bathtub and stood in front of her. She nodded, patting her on the shoulder. "Same to you. I'd feel lost without another woman I felt safe talking to, Edel."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2019, 05:06:01 PM »
Edelgard

She recognized a gesture of connection for what it was, and weighted it against her poor judgement in these matters. It wouldn't do to let Sakura think it was not reciprocal, regardless of how little Edelgard could offer in return. Nakedness did not demonstrate trust by itself, but in the bath their vulnerability was mutual. Edelgard would... follow that thought.

"Do you need - want help with your hair?" The warrior asked.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 02, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »
Edelgard

She recognized a gesture of connection for what it was, and weighted it against her poor judgement in these matters. It wouldn't do to let Sakura think it was not reciprocal, regardless of how little Edelgard could offer in return. Nakedness did not demonstrate trust by itself, but in the bath their vulnerability was mutual. Edelgard would... follow that thought.

"Do you need - want help with your hair?" The warrior asked.

Sakura

Sakura nodded with a face full of joy. "Sure! I'll help you with yours, too."

She felt like any social contact with her would be good for this broken girl. While she wasn't privy to the specifics or the depth of whatever traumatic experiences that had driven her to this point, and probably never would, Sakura was positive that with enough time, and enough paitence, she would be able to slowly pull Edelgard out of her shell. Her sister had done it for her, and now it was her turn to pay that kindness back to somebody else.

So, she sat down, a shadowy bench forming underneath her. She reached into it, and pulled out a full hairdressers kit for them both to use. It had everything even a professional might want, although only the brushes seemed to have been worn down.

Her long purple hair glistened with moisture as it hung loosely down her back, untangled and undressed from its usual drills.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 02, 2019, 11:11:52 PM »
Edelgard

The brushes were much finer than Edelgard was used to. She ran her calloused, tense fingers through Sakura's locks, stopping to slip them free whenever they hit a tangle of slight resistance, and thought of how she had done this in the past. Her teacher had only commanded her to do his hair when she could parry him while balanced over the needle pit, but disentangling that mane had been a trial of its own. She herself had allowed the foolish junior who called her master to do it in hopes of countering her stickiness, and had only made it worse.

Edelgard tested the weight and form of multiple brushes, but all she needed was one. She smoothed out Sakura's hair, from the roots to the tips, taking her time empty of thoughts, before she discarded the object and began to lace the tresses she divided into a braid. Braiding hair was like stringing a bow, to the Forsaken woman. It was like oiling and sharpening her weapons, like testing a move before battle until it was perfect in memory if not form. It was like doing those things for someone else.

She hummed for a moment as she worked, the softest sound the young magician had ever heard from her throat.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2019, 02:40:38 AM »
Edelgard

The brushes were much finer than Edelgard was used to. She ran her calloused, tense fingers through Sakura's locks, stopping to slip them free whenever they hit a tangle of slight resistance, and thought of how she had done this in the past. Her teacher had only commanded her to do his hair when she could parry him while balanced over the needle pit, but disentangling that mane had been a trial of its own. She herself had allowed the foolish junior who called her master to do it in hopes of countering her stickiness, and had only made it worse.

Edelgard tested the weight and form of multiple brushes, but all she needed was one. She smoothed out Sakura's hair, from the roots to the tips, taking her time empty of thoughts, before she discarded the object and began to lace the tresses she divided into a braid. Braiding hair was like stringing a bow, to the Forsaken woman. It was like oiling and sharpening her weapons, like testing a move before battle until it was perfect in memory if not form. It was like doing those things for someone else.

She hummed for a moment as she worked, the softest sound the young magician had ever heard from her throat.

Sakura Edelfeldt

Sakura didn't say anything. She didn't complain about the lack of regard for her preferred hairstyle, nor did she compliment Edelgard's pleasently surprising skill at the brushing of the hair.

She just sat there, smiling, letting Edelgard brush and do her hair, and finally have a moment where she seemed to have put her guard down and be at ease.

She wanted it to last for as long as possible.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2019, 03:25:56 PM »
Edelgard

She allowed it to last much longer in the iron-walled confines of her mind than she was sure it had lasted in truth. When Edelgard came to, tying the end of Sakura's hair into the tail end of a volumous braid, she blinked and pulled her hands away. Instead of a hum, she grunted in affirmation that her work was done, hitting Sakura's shoulder lightly with her palm.

"Is it fine?" She asked.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »
Sakura

Only then did Sakura finally turn around and allow herself to move. She'd even stopped breathing for a little while, although she certainly hadn't noticed.

Edelgard could see the evidence of her hard work etched onto her musculature now, and see the strength of her chisled body. She grabbed the braid and slung it ocer her shoulder, feeling the fine work.

"I like it a lot. Can you do this for me every day?" She asked. "I don't know if I can replicate it."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2019, 05:15:43 PM »
Edelgard

She could tell from their first interactions that Sakura did not train merely her knowledge. And the evidence of that professional dedication was plain to see, though not plain at all to Edelgard; she naturally took note of every toned line and exceptional muscle.

It was as the request was said though, that a surprise flush cast itself on the Forsaken warrior's face. "It would be my honor," Edelgard said, bowing her head.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »
Edelgard

She could tell from their first interactions that Sakura did not train merely her knowledge. And the evidence of that professional dedication was plain to see, though not plain at all to Edelgard; she naturally took note of every toned line and exceptional muscle.

It was as the request was said though, that a surprise flush cast itself on the Forsaken warrior's face. "It would be my honor," Edelgard said, bowing her head.

Sakura

Sakura held back a good natured chuckle and just nodded. "Thanks." She said simply. She didn't feel a need to say long sentences with Edelgard. It was nice.

"Turn around, please. It's my turn."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2019, 05:43:21 PM »
Edelgard

She raised her head with a sharp inhale, and lingered on Sakura's smile before doing as she asked. Under her damp hair, Edelgard's well defined back was an expanse of bronze beaten into even greater strength, sprinkled with faded scars from blades, fangs and bruises.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
Edelgard

She raised her head with a sharp inhale, and lingered on Sakura's smile before doing as she asked. Under her damp hair, Edelgard's well defined back was an expanse of bronze beaten into even greater strength, sprinkled with faded scars from blades, fangs and bruises.

Sakura

Sakura scooted forward, and pulled out the purple hairs from the hairbrush before getting to work. She pulled out a spraycan of detangler from her shadow, and judiciously sprayed it whenever she reached a knot, practically melting them away and making the process much, much easier. As the process went on, her tentacles began working too, digging through her hair and straightening it as Sakura began to hum.

Sakura ran one of her fingers down the scar on Edelgard's back while the shadows did their work. It was the largest one, a clear remnant of a large gash Edelgard had once suffered. Her touch was ginger, and she mumbled to herself quietly before speaking up. "I like your scars, Edel. They tell an amazing story."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2019, 04:37:55 PM »
Edelgard

It had been years since she'd gotten this treatment. Edelgard wasn't sure of what to say of how little appealing it felt, though the care continued even more thorough than anything received from young Regin or heartless Oller, and she focused harder on the small, careful sensations. She let them tremble into her scalp, prized them as she ought, coming from the time Sakura invested in this.

Edelgard grunted, rolling her shoulders in an attempt to shake the tension from them. "Some are stupid. But, I remember most."

Most of her scars were older than twenty years, and their importance had waned. No matter how many she gained, they could not replace accomplishments, nor the victories she truly desired, and a handful only spoke of bitter defeat. The pride of them had cooled, indifference settling in its place. Today, how she had received each one was just a matter of fact.