Author Topic: The Great Northern Forest  (Read 15119 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Northern Forest
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2019, 01:06:10 AM »
Vanguard

For a moment, he looked surprised when his hands struck nothing but air. But the surprise was short lived, for the sky was crackling.

Coconut

"DEATH BALL!" A high-pitched, shrill voice screamed down from up high, and the crackling ball of condensed magical energy came hurtling down upon Vanguard at frightening speeds.

He raised his hand, with surprising accuracy! No, it wasn't speed. For the first time in this clash, he used that thing. Or perhaps it was more fair to say that his instincts caused him to reflexively fall back to such a thing. That technique. All that mattered was that on that moment, he grabbed the ball of light, and the impact caused the energy to go wild and explode.

[POST INITIATIVE]: Countering your opponent by responding to their movements.

[COUNTER INITIATIVE]: Discerning the moment your opponent will make a move and striking first by moving at the same time.

[PRE INITIATIVE]: Reading your opponent's inception of intent and striking before they move.

And [TRUE INITIATIVE]. To dominate the flow of battle through your own actions, to scatter like the winds in a manner impossible to decipher. The ultimate counter to [PRE INITIATIVE]

Someone had once taught him that. But he hoped he'd never have to take such lessons to heart.

He opened his eyes, surrounded by a cloud of dust and debris. Blood dripped all around his arm, his armour was leaking like a fountain. Bone melded with metal, his fingers twisted shut and dislocated gruesomely. Even his face was bleeding a bit, his hair flat down on his face. That silhouette of a man rising his broken fist against the heaven just stood still beneath the cloud of smoke. And for a moment, everything was quiet.

Until he sighed. And when he did, his age... his very essence changed. An oppressive chill filled the forest immediately, and a pressure rushed to choke the both of them. Or perhaps it was merely... the weight of its existence.

"I could say the same. It is quite the hurdle. Fighting while sleep walking. Isn't that right, fleeting flame?" Something beneath the cloud began to glow coldly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:11:30 AM by francobull3 »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2019, 04:49:48 AM »
Lily

Clap Clap Clap....

"Marvelous, what a breathtaking performance, you truly proved that you have what it takes to ruin your own hand, I'm seriously impressed. I didn't think people this dumb were made anymore but you brave sir, you've proved me wrong!"

She put her hands in the pockets of her coat and turned around with the intent to leave. "If you truly wish to demonstrate your full power to me, then go get that hand fixed. Then, and only then will I face you."

Oh right, she needed fetch Coco too...

"Coconut! We're heading back!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2019, 07:54:31 PM »
Sage

Sage's current form had lovely red eyes, and now they sparkled in excitement at the prospect before her. She grabbed hold of both of Eruraviel's hands and said, "Yes, please!"

Eruraviel

"fufufu~ I see that got your attention." Eru chucked, bringing the back of her hand to her mouth as she did so. Her breasts jiggled along with the motions in a rather entrancing manner.

She then grabbed Sage's hand and the two found themselves teleported deep into Eru's cave-workshop. Eru took her through room after room, each one filled with piles of gold and treasure, as well as a few magical artifacts that she'd created of minor power.

However, it was surely far less than Sage had been expecting.

"So, what do you think so far?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2019, 12:30:18 AM »
Sage

Teleportation was nothing new to Sage, and so whilst distracted by the tantalizing motions of her elvish companion's body she was hardly distracted by the transition at all. It was only as the subtle gleam of precious metals drew the dragon's eye that she averted her attention to other matters. She examined every inch of every room she could behold, eyes wide in curiosity and yet frightfully sharp in calculation as well. It was all quite respectable, and yet...

"Do you keep the larger pieces further within?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2019, 01:50:19 AM »
Sage

Teleportation was nothing new to Sage, and so whilst distracted by the tantalizing motions of her elvish companion's body she was hardly distracted by the transition at all. It was only as the subtle gleam of precious metals drew the dragon's eye that she averted her attention to other matters. She examined every inch of every room she could behold, eyes wide in curiosity and yet frightfully sharp in calculation as well. It was all quite respectable, and yet...

"Do you keep the larger pieces further within?"

Eruraviel

"Fufu, Sage, my girl." She placed her hand down upon the false elf's shoulder. "Are you ready; to see one of the greatest magical artifacts made in all time?"

A servant elf walked into the room, carrying Eru's dress. "This is my greatest creation so far. What do you think?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2019, 02:37:27 AM »
Lily

Clap Clap Clap....

"Marvelous, what a breathtaking performance, you truly proved that you have what it takes to ruin your own hand, I'm seriously impressed. I didn't think people this dumb were made anymore but you brave sir, you've proved me wrong!"

She put her hands in the pockets of her coat and turned around with the intent to leave. "If you truly wish to demonstrate your full power to me, then go get that hand fixed. Then, and only then will I face you."

Oh right, she needed fetch Coco too...

Coconut

"Kyahahahahahaha!!! That's right! Fear me! Fear the great and powerful Coconut, scion of-"

Lily's words interrupted her evil monologue! She stopped midsentence, stammering through her words before stopping altogether. Huh? It's over?

She looked around sheepishly and bowed at Vanguard. "Th-thank you for the training. I'm grateful for the instruction!"

She flew to Lily and landed on her back, wrapping her small arms around her neck and legs around her waist. "How was I? I was super cool, right? Right?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2019, 05:12:25 AM »
Vanny

He stepped out of the smoke, crackling with power and fury. Veins bulged over his muscles and face. Then, and only then...

"Oh! You sure? Tis but a scratch! You don't need to worry, really!" He blinked innocently.

...It looked like they were going. Oh bummer, and just when he was starting to warm up. He flexed his dislocated arm a bit, and waved it around until a painful crrrack reverbated. Next thing you knew, his fingers and arm was all good.

"Bah! You make me sad. So be it, till the next time!" He pulled his hair back with his bloody arm, before waving with it. But just as he was about to leave the scene in turn, he paused and turned back.

"Oh, wait wait wait! Coconut was it?!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2019, 05:29:33 AM »
Vanny

He stepped out of the smoke, crackling with power and fury. Veins bulged over his muscles and face. Then, and only then...

"Oh! You sure? Tis but a scratch! You don't need to worry, really!" He blinked innocently.

...It looked like they were going. Oh bummer, and just when he was starting to warm up. He flexed his dislocated arm a bit, and waved it around until a painful crrrack reverbated. Next thing you knew, his fingers and arm was all good.

"Bah! You make me sad. So be it, till the next time!" He pulled his hair back with his bloody arm, before waving with it. But just as he was about to leave the scene in turn, he paused and turned back.

"Oh, wait wait wait! Coconut was it?!"

Coconut

"H-huh? Yes? What is it?" She asked, sounding a bit panicked.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2019, 05:40:28 AM »
Vanny

He paused for a second, since she was being all panicky... actually it was a bit stressful for him too.

"You're pretty good!" He pointed two finger guns at her smoothly. Bang.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2019, 05:55:45 AM »
Lily

"See, you did well Coco." She would have patted the girl's head if she could but the way she was wrapped around her  made it difficult without removing and she had no intention of doing that. Instead she went with the next best thing and increased her body warmth, letting it blanket Coco like a warm bed in the morning.

"I'm proud to call you my apprentice. Now then will you take us back? I can't exactly use my wings like this."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
Coconut

Coconut stared at Vanguard for a moment, before raising her eyebrow, shaking her head and turning away.

"You're not my type." She said dryly to him before resting her chin on Lily's head.

She sighed in contentment, the feelings of heat permeating her body and resting her sore muscles. "R-right. Sure..."

Her wings flapped, and the two girls took off, flying away back into the center of the city.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2019, 04:24:33 PM »
Eruraviel

"Fufu, Sage, my girl." She placed her hand down upon the false elf's shoulder. "Are you ready; to see one of the greatest magical artifacts made in all time?"

A servant elf walked into the room, carrying Eru's dress. "This is my greatest creation so far. What do you think?"

Sage

If the green-haired shapeshifter had an opinion on the appearance of the dress, it immediately fell away as her expression became as guarded as a fortress gate. Sharp red eyes examined every inch of the article, and her fingers hovered just shy of the fabric without quite allowing them contact. It resembled the motion of someone realizing they had stumbled upon a sacred place - like a grave.

"How did you acquire this soul, Eru?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2019, 04:38:43 PM »
Eruraviel

Sage

If the green-haired shapeshifter had an opinion on the appearance of the dress, it immediately fell away as her expression became as guarded as a fortress gate. Sharp red eyes examined every inch of the article, and her fingers hovered just shy of the fabric without quite allowing them contact. It resembled the motion of someone realizing they had stumbled upon a sacred place - like a grave.

"How did you acquire this soul, Eru?"

Eruraviel

"I killed a dragon on a contract who was terrorizing my kingdom." She blinked. "Why?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2019, 04:44:54 PM »
Sage

As if by magic, Eruraviel's words brought warmth and color to Sage's fair face. Her hands folded together in front of her, and she swayed on her feet in the manner of an infatuated youth as her gaze wavered between the dress and its creator. "It appears my princess is quite magnificent, then! Such strength~"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2019, 04:50:04 PM »
Sage

As if by magic, Eruraviel's words brought warmth and color to Sage's fair face. Her hands folded together in front of her, and she swayed on her feet in the manner of an infatuated youth as her gaze wavered between the dress and its creator. "It appears my princess is quite magnificent, then! Such strength~"

Eruraviel

Oh, I thought she was mad at me!

She sighed in relief, and began to put on her dress. "So, do you like it?"