Author Topic: Naboundd  (Read 5145 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Naboundd
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2020, 03:34:07 AM »
Lawrence

"You know, you've said that about ten times already. Did it look like I cared then? Because I still don't care now." Lawrence lead the way, wiping the foul air away from his nose with a disgusted frown. Of course, that was just playing. He'd already lost his soul's sense of smell long ago, a bit earlier than his sense of taste.

"Like I said, I'm not the time to yap about doing something if I can't actually do it. You keep rambling about hero this, impossible that, Jesus Christ shut up already. I'm really getting the vibes that you're projecting your feelings on me, or just obsessed. Still creepy."

His cane dragged his weak body across the filth and muck. Honestly, he felt right at home. Maybe a rat skewer to chew down on, a meth lab here or there... home sweet home.

You've got some awful tastes.

Hush boi.

The cane was slightly louder than his steps, if only because of how deliberate it was. But suddenly, he stopped with a shrewd smile on his lips.

"I've never cared whether something was impossible or not, and I have no idea what brain damage got you so fixated on that. I will always move forward, it's the only way I know to live. Why do you move your body, boy?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2020, 06:33:39 PM »
Entheo

Entheo chuckled and said, "Who knows.  Why do I make my body move huh?"

This place was pretty suited to Entheo as well.  The forgotten grimy nature of this place was similar to a graveyard, even smelled like death too.  If it weren't for the smell, he would say it felt more comfortable than the classroom.

The young man took a deep breath, allowing the simple sensation of life take hold of him.  The smell of whatever was in the sewer filled his nostrils and all the sudden he caught himself wishing he didn't do things without thinking.  Still, as he considered why he was moving his body right in this moment, only one response came to mind.  "I guess I move my body when I want something.  The second I stop wanting something, I enjoy the bliss of not moving.  When I stop caring about anything, I won't ever have to move again."

That sounds depressing when you put it like that.

I mean life is kinda depressing isn't it?

A statement like that is really easy to misunderstand you know.

Maybe, but its not like I care about being understood.

He might scream at you again.

Oh shit.

Just as that thought came to his mind, his eyes widened, embracing the professor's next lecture that he never asked for.  "I mean it though.  Its not really my business to worry about the living and their problems.  I'm only helping out of respect for that passion of yours."

Any change in topic would do.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2020, 06:40:30 PM »
Lawrence

"But I'm living, and this is my problem. So you do care." He closed his eyes and smiled. Surprisingly, he didn't launch a lecture at the boy or scold him. "You're contradicting yourself. Well, I can't judge. But that apathetic lifestyle... I can't say I'll ever agree with that."

As he kept walking, his smile faded for just a moment.

"Apathy is death."

Living life carelessly like that was a privilege. But being dragged along by the waves without care came with a price. Some found the cost far too heavy. There is nothing blissful about blissful ignorance, that was a painful truth the boy was best to learn now than later.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:41:56 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 01:35:56 AM »
Entheo

"Contradicting myself huh?  Yeah probably," he said, dodging a strange liquid that fell from the ceiling he was staring at.  "And of course I care.  Why wouldn't I care?"

Probably your attitude.

Huh?  Who cares about my attitude.  My attitude doesn't mean anything in terms of intent right?

Polite society has generated a system of norms in order to communicate the most basic respect to one as designated by society and culture.  When you disregard those, you communicate a basic lack of care for others, despite your intent.

Still sounds like not my problem.

Just answering the question.

Entheo's cool eyes leveled with Lawrance's, his eyelids lowering the second he caught back up with him.  For a moment, the only thing that they could hear was the professor's cane.  Then, Entheo said, "You know I never told you my job.  Grim reaper, shinigami, shaman: whatever you want to call it, the function is the same.  I am responsible for passing people onto the next life and protecting the afterlives of the dead.  If you only move forward because you await release, I can give that too you, no martyring needed."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2020, 01:56:18 AM »
Lawrence

He interrupted before he could get the third word out of the job description. Actually, Entheo didn't even get to the reaper part.

"Didn't ask."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 01:58:51 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 02:06:30 AM »
Entheo

Entheo laughed and said, "I'd be worried if you did.  You know, one of the hardest things to hear is yes to that question.  Say, I gotta ask.  Is that bird your gardian spirit or has it just been trying to possess you this whole time?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2020, 02:19:41 AM »
Lawrence

"A bird? That's... what it looks like to you?" Lawrence stopped all of a sudden, and his eye was wide agape to stare at Entheo. It was an utter shock, but Lawrence looked scared. As if Entheo was talking of some sort of terrible demon, and it was about to strike them down any second.

The tension rose, in fact, it was unbearable.

"Juuuuuust kidding." He closed his eyes with the flattest of joke reveals ever. "Gotta say, I'm surprised you even had to ask. Can't you see spirits? Or I guess you're still kind of immature."

Did he mean power-wise or personality-wise?

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2020, 02:23:14 AM »
Entheo

Entheo tilted his head and said,  "Wow is my sight really that bad?  I guess I was nodding off.  Is it not a bird?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2020, 02:26:41 AM »
Lawrence

"Jave you forgotten the lecture? It's not about what it is. It's about the truth you perceive. Whatever's in front of you is something only you can decide." He smiled in an oddly sincere way at Entheo. "Buuut I guess even that's too much to ask, for a living corpse." He patted Entheo's head as if he were a babby.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 02:31:46 AM »
Entheo

Entheo raised his finger and said, "So if I want you to be a rock, you'll become a rock?"

I'm pretty sure its supposed to be more metaphysical than that.

When did you have time to learn all that?

While your sleeping, during your lectures.  I basically went to highschool and college again.  Having an extra six to eight hours while your sleeping helps too.

The young man nodded.  "Well I like birds better, so I think its better if your a bird.  So then how about this?  How did you two get stuck with each other?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2020, 02:35:00 AM »
Lawrence

"Pff...pwahahaha! Oh god, you're a riot!" He guffawed, trying to hold some semblance of dignity. As if he had any left. With a happy sigh, he wiped a tear and smiled. "Ahhh, thanks for that. What makes you think we were ever stuck with one another, kid?"

For the first time, there was some wild frightening flame behind the eyes that looked at Entheo.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 02:38:28 AM »
Entheo

Entheo tilted his head again, folding his arms over his chest.  "Well it was more a turn of phrase than anything, but did I get close there?" he asked, grinning at the bird's reaction.  "I guess its sort of odd for you guys to be sharing a body like me and Sakuyomi.  I wonder if the professor also has a weird body like me."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 02:43:04 AM »
Lawrence

Lawrence liked that.

"Hoho. Not bad, not bad." He smiled and clapped at the boy. "But not quite. Heh, who knows, maybe I'll let you in on a secret... if you ever beat it out of me. Some things, I just wouldn't want to share to eavesdropping rats."

His glance turned to the darkness knowingly. No, to the ones lurking behind it.

After all, there was more than one person here who had stared into the abyss.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
Entheo

"Oh, guess i'm a little used to that sort of thing," Entheo said, folding his arms behind his head.  "But I guess these guys aren't omnipotent so I really should be paying attention."

This darkness... it had been a while since he had felt something like this.  Even as he smiled, he could feel his body bracing itself for battle.  Don't expect things to be easy Entheo.

Is it ever?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2020, 08:27:22 PM »
Indra

"Interesting... so you can sense us, and choose not to run?" An unnaturally soft voice whispered gently before a viscous beast revealed itself in the darkness. It crawled on its limbs like some kind of carrion, its eyes like stars and its flesh sickening chaos that melded into a humanoid form. It was too thin and lithe to look wieldy, its appearance was too gnarly to be healthy, and yet an unearthly strength and vigor could be felt from each step.

A monster like this should not have such a gentle voice. It was terrifying to hear something so gentle come from such a beast.

A claw dug into the walls surrounding sewage, scraping against rock horrifyingly. "You are not my prey, boy. The one I want to savor... is the warrior inside you."

There was one more hiding in the darkness.