Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 16033 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Police (Guts and Medaka)

The armored man quickly pulled out a long sword from behind his back.  As soon as he removed it, the sword began to glow blue.  He jumped backwards dodging the blow.

"Thats it.  I'm going to kill you personally."  He said in a menacing tone.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:16:51 AM by yinsukin »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Rikuyo

Did he really think such trick would make her off balance? As a martial artist she was not only swift like a monkey, it was also hard to trip her like that. But, let him be fooled. Rikuyo tripped on purpose to play a trick on Michael instead.
As she fell to the ground, the hook still around the ankle, her tail wrapped around the staff, pulling it towards her with her monstrous strength.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

"Why not both?"

Lorenzo's eyes widened in pain as he felt a burning sensation ravage his whole body. It hurt, it hurt like hell and back.

Well, it was clear there was no getting up after this. Even if he could do something, it wouldn't work. Jeez, how pathetic could he be? He promised to either go quietly or defeat them all, but he couldn't do even one of those things right.

Coughing and hacking, he clawed at the ground weakly, but then he winced. It... it was trembling.

No, god be damned it wasn’t trembling. It was the ceiling that was crumbling , it was going to crush them. No good, that was no good. He had to get up, he had to-

“-DAMMIT!”

His back was being crushed by falling rubble, it was simply unbearable. He shouldn’t have gotten up, he really shouldn’t have. For one, he wasn’t sure if he could avert the flattening that was slowly but surely befalling on him and the other officers.

But he tried; he really tried to keep them alive. He had nothing to gain of it, no reason or motive behind that.

Be it enemy or friend, Lorenzo did not want to lose anyone like this. So he fought. He fought, he fought his whole heart out, he fought his screaming body full of bullets and holes  to keep the rubble out of the way, his body and his fire pushing to the extreme in order to keep the rock from harming the anyone.

Jeez, it was his fault if this was happening in the first place. How stupid could he be, to cause something like this only to try to prevent it only a few moments after? Good grief, he really was hopeless.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:47:00 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka was horrified at the complete decimation of police officers in front of her.  She sat there, a bit stunned by the complete disregard for life that this man had.  She wanted to help him but it would be hard for her to team up with someone that had such a skewed sense of morality.  Besides, Lorenzo needed her and she left him.  He needed her more.

"Guts!  Ill be right back!  Try to stay alive until I go get Lorenzo!  If you can't win then try to hold them off until I get back!  Just stay alive!"  She shouted as she dashed out the back of the building.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:59:21 PM by yinsukin »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Gorge squad

Still monitoring the situation from the shadows, Gorge found himself taken off guard.  How did he survive a sniper shot to the back?  In the next second, he was crushed by the roof of the building.  Gorge was not sure what to think of this man anymore. All there was left to do was to is see how the enforcers handle this.  If it turns out that he is an idiot then maybe its worth interrogating him.  If not, then perhaps it might be time to shoot to kill.

The older man stepped back in order to give the younger enforcer room to shoot.  The younger enforcer pointed his gun at Lorenzo and chuckled.

"Ha! I can't believe that I have to shoot this guy.  This is almost like shooting a stray dog."

He fired the gun at Lorenzo.  However, since he doesn't have any magic resistance, the bullets would likely feel like a powerful paintball gun.  The bullets hurt but are non lethal. 

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

Lorenzo yelped in pain as the bullet hit him, gritting his teeth at the sensation. His bones felt like they were crushed, his muscles felt like they had just been torn, and the blood...

He was dying, he was really going to die. No, he felt like he was dying already, just as he felt he was dying for so long. Truth be told, Lorenzo felt like he was dying quite often. Was this his punishment for wasting what little life he had left?

He wanted to yell, he wanted to scream. He wanted to beg that man to stop, but he didn't even have the strength left to do that. He thought that if a bastard like him couldn't keep on his promise like he told he would, then he should simply stay put and get shot without complaints.

But that was a lie.

Gritting his teeth, he seethed with rage. What was once sadness turned into anger. But there was nothing he could do but curse the weakness of his heart.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Gorge squad

Oh so he doesn't have any magic resistance?  It seems like he had made a mistake in judgement.  Supposedly this was a powerful fire magician who had killed many. A dangerous criminal that needed to be stopped. He had plenty of opportunities to kill his men but he didn't.  Furthermore, he is just sitting there taking the bullets.  Is he some kind of radical idealist?  Or was this part of his plan?  So far they weren't having any trouble restraining him and he hasn't had to call for assistance yet. Plus, he hasn't lost a single man to the criminal. Perhaps he was still useful.

While they were skirmishing Gorge made sure to call in a truck or two, the kind that they carry prisoners in.  He signaled for two of the ordinary cops he still had standing by to go receive the truck.  He also made sure to check in on the other two elites standing by.  Now it was time to test him a bit more.

"Tch.  Ah well, I guess this is up to you Bob."  Said the younger man.

"First off my name is Chuck and would you just be quiet for two minutes?"  Responded the older man, with a exhausted tone.

The older enforcer aimed his gun at Lorenzo.  His assault rifle had regular bullets, so it was more than enough to kill the criminal.

"Look, if you come quietly ill personally make sure to take care of you.  Its not too late to turn yourself in."  Said the older enforcer.

As he said that three officers came from the corner of the building and attempted to hold Lorenzo down while they put on handcuffs.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

"Hah. Do I really have a say in this? Bite back and I'll die, don't bite back and rot in a prison at best. Well, you did it, you most certainly got me by the balls, Bob." said Lorenzo with a weakly voice. He was hurting, he was angry, but he was also so very tired.

Allowing himself a chuckle, he looked at the policeman with a saddened look. "Well, what do? At least I tried, and sometimes that is what counts the most..."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Irisviel

Irisviel nodded, still recovering from the experience. “Food. Food sounds good. That sounds wonderful, and Sakura seems to agree with me. Please, excuse me, I’ll be right back. I just have to attend to—something.” Irisviel said evasively, trying to retain what little pride that remained as she got up and began to leave the room.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Faust

“Of course. Although I do genuinely like her and find her to be extremely interesting, in the end she is still just a stepping stone. I’d rather her not get hurt if it can at all be helped, I wish to see how she ends up without overt interference, which Rider is hampering greatly.”

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Tohuw Balagan

"Very well, I shall prepare an exquisite meal." said Tohuw with a cheerful smile before jumping down and laying on the floor, seemingly relaxed and without a care.

Then, he closed his eyes and poofed a small notebook out of thin air, only to begin a really intensive thinking session.

Vanguard

Hearing Caster's earnest words, Vanguard couldn't help but allow himself laughter. He laughed, as if he had just been told a most humorous joke. Then, he settled down and responded, his voice still containing the smallest tint of humor.

"My, I see we are not unlike moths drawn by a common candlelight it would seem. Your judgment is adequate, she is quite valuable for the purpouse of your, no, our goal. In fact, I may add she is a most vital chess piece." said Vanguard.

"However, there is no need to be rid of Rider just yet. After all, just as we are meant to conduct this opera to it's very end, she too has a role to play out in this comedy."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:41:08 AM by francobull3 »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Tar

Henry suppressed the want to sigh, and simply carried on in the same direction. His feet waded heavily through the sewage, occasionally stepping over something squishy or something crumbly. He circled the flashlight over the walls as he took point looking for more unusual traces, but it wasn't exactly easy to distinguish such things from every other stain on cement or oddly colored blot on bricks. It didn't help how distracting every little sound down here was proving to be - the dripping of water from exposed pipes, the noise of his own footsteps as he stepped on miscellaneous things, the sounds of waste splitting from the main stream and going down smaller openings low in the tunnel...

He noticed the stench was getting stronger again as they progressed, probably because whatever Vermillion had done was fading or had been left behind. Even through his mask, the air reeked - it reeked of piss and shit, of chemicals, of decomposing organic leftovers... and of something else more distinctive among the dozens other unpleasant odors.

Tar pondered if that something was the sort of thing to make a soldier or a veteran policeman exclaim a typical line like 'It reeks of death'. In the end, he decided to remain in silence. He absentmindedly noted how the passage was getting wider, which meant they were coming closer to the center of town, as the main sewer passages in Nexus City were designed to be larger there.

They were yet to see anything usual, or any blatant traces of what they were looking for, but everything in the sewers burned sharply in the demon's perception, superimposed with impossibly stark memories of similar expeditions. Except for the missing sounds of gears growing stronger with each step.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Faust

“Oh? You have plans for Rider? Very well, I’ll play along! I’ll delay my plans to deal with her!” Faust laughed.

“However, if she continues to act like a fool and disrupt Sakura’s development. . . Well, I’m afraid I won’t be able to stall any longer.” He finished more seriously.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"Of course, that is without question. However, I doubt such a thing will happen. You see, no matter what happens in this city, no matter what Rider or Sakura happen to accomplish, the fate that has been inscribed will not change. The truth will be ours for the taking, that is a fact as clear as the color of the sky." said Vanguard, his tone more serious as well.

"But if it comes to that, if she must be dealt with... I would ask to at the very least preserve her body. If she cannot fulfill her original purpouse, she can at least serve as appropriate research material."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Faust

Faust thought about Vanguard’s request. “Very well, I shall attempt to keep her intact if at all possible. Also. If we’re working together, I’d like to know your name, if you don’t mind. I know Vanguard can’t possibly be your real name.”