Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42261 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

Damn it, ignoring her challenge like that! Oh, then she wouldn't play by any rules anymore. "Ahh, screw that, ain't gonna wait or anythin'."

Rikuyo didn't wait until Medaka was finished and started making out with Ron as his mouth was freed and no longer blocked by Shinobu.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mordred

"Ohh, t-thanks for the offer..." Mordred was still gasping for breath a bit as she really did feel her strength even if probably Sakura held back. I guess it was her unavoidable fate to meet crazily strong people. After she regained some composure, she continued. "But uh, I have money of my own, so why won't we share the cost in half? That would be more fair that way. I have a good job, so I'm not lacking money myself either."

Thedoctor

William

The lab really told a story of it's own, of how this man was devoted to science. Everything he had said so far was logically sound.

What made that one special? It could only be one thing. Peering into the mind of the masked man, he saw curiosity, the soul. "it's the enemy of life, simple as that. It wouldn't be so fun if life itself ceased existing, don't you agree? Relius Clover" He said suddenly revealing his knowledge of the masked man's name.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Auspicious Breeze

Oh wow, this girl was strong! At least as strong as Breeze, and she could crack boulders with her knuckles even before she built up some steam! She gave Sakura a squeeze back with her own arms just to show she wasn't all fragile. She checked for muscles in the girl's arm. "Wow, you're pretty tough, too."

Oh, food. Food would be great. With a big smile she went to make her own suggestion. "Oh, I know! There's this place that... what was it... I think it had steak? I heard it had steak, anyway. Guh, I can't remember the name; anyway, that'd be great. Thank you!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Noel blushed a bit in embarrassment. Shoot, I didn't mute that did I? She crouched on the ground and covered her head in shame. Well, she crouched. She was still floating slightly off the hospital bathroom's floor.

She recomposed herself and stood back upright, responding to Henry. "I'm not badly hurt, don't worry. Just a few bruises. I've already taken care of them." Noel looked down at the bulging metal along her legs, and with a snap decision, deftly cut the legs off her uniform, sitting down on the air as she did so.

"I'm at the hospital off 50th street." Noel told her partner. "I'll meet you outside shortly, I'll just finish getting dressed real quickly." Noel told him. She then did the same thing to the forearms of her shirt, and then put that on, buttoning it up quickly. Finally, she put on her hat, threw away the scraps, and walked(floated) towards the exit.

Henry Barthow

There wasn't a lot of confidence to be had in her tone in spite of the apparently neglegible quality of her injuries. Was it sympathy? Self-disillusion? If there was nothing you could do against overwhelming circumstances alien to yourself, there was nothing to be obtained from expending all your chances against them. The injustices and consequences which oppressed others for no fault of their own, which would do the same whether you stood in their way or not, were not any one person's fault to bear. Letting that judgement cripple your intentions was useless. There is always something beyond your interference. If you dash yourself against it, any contributions against phenomena within your power to change will never happen.

"I'll be with you in five," he said, before closing the call and tossing the earpiece next to the gear stick. The detective pushed on the pedal.

Even if others did not deserve to be victims, you had to survive to do something about them. It ground his gears, stretched the cables of his emotional understanding to the breaking point, but that was what the demon had concluded. There was no way he could endure without that consensus. Noel should know it too, and she was more powerful - physically, causally - in the traditional sense than him, even if destruction was not a charge either sought willingly.

Five minute and thirteen seconds after their exchange, he circled past the parking lot of the hospital to stop ahead of the main entrance, the weight of the car swinging with the sudden break. Henry opened his window to look around more freely, and after a moment caught sight of Noel. The armaments of her true form peeked clearly out of the adapted uniform.

"Hard-earned choice of clothing," He commented dryly as she floated to the car.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:53:33 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Guard Larry Whyte

"You've ignored a warning, tried to tamper with our minds as if it was just Tuesday for you, and you're now lecturing us as if you had a moral high ground. Do you think you're better than us just because you were born different? And I can guarantee that my aim is as sharp as ever. Don't underestimate someone who actually retired from the police force." The old man sternly responded to Forest's rant. "Special" people who looked down on average Joes were probably the most insufferable type of people had to deal with during his career. Snotty bastards, he gave no damn who they were. Basic decency was something too much to ask for? "Neither of you gets in here without an Enforcer present. I have no reason to trust you."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

Again.  This is the second time.

With that phrase, Relius finally gathered a puzzle piece to this mystery man.  The garish black robes, the sword attached to his hip.  It screamed some sort of mage or at the very least a type of magical swordsmen.

Relius's mouth contorted into a sly grin.  He placed his right hand on his left breast in a theatrical fashion.  His left hand pulled back his cape, all culminating in a theatric bow, as if he was introducing himself to an audience.  "Why yes.  I am Relius Clover.  Although, it is a bit rude to take someone's information without their permission.  After all, I haven't introduced myself to anyone since yesterday."  He pulled his head up, looking him in the eyes through his mask.  "I take it you are a mage?  However, in this world there are those who can read minds.  I believe they call them telepaths."  He placed his hand under his chin, in an almost mocking thinker like gesture. "I suppose it would make more sense for you to be such a being but the black robes suggest something different."

"Now.  How about we cease this cryptic nonsense.  I think we have proven it is pointless to wear such masks around each other."  He said, his grin never leaving his face.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:13:39 PM by yinsukin »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

Of course, nothing really surprised Lucy anymore. Some kind of teleportation probably. Maybe conditional, but who knew? She just wiggled a bit so that her spot on Mobb's lap was a bit more comfortable before patting him on the head once. "It's pretty cute. But I didn't think you were so naughty. Didn't your parents ever teach you about propriety? You're supposed to take the girl on a date or two before she's on your lap."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mitsuba

"Your first name as it is, but I guess it will be convenient if we share similar surname." The Unchained started reflecting about the name they could adopt. "Hmmm, how about Mifune as our surname? I guess I will pick Minato as this body's first name."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:05:54 PM by Kat »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

"Oh like this?"  She said, gripping the shaft a bit harder.  "It does feel pretty good."  She tore off his boxers, leaving his goods in full view.  She grabbed it once more, this time stroking a bit more vigorously.  She looked to Ron for a reaction.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:28:22 PM by yinsukin »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

The Hunter frowned at the man's nonchalant response. She hadn't gotten as far as she had by rushing into a fight blindly, and she wasn't about to break the trend now. More troubling still was the revelation that the tape was the only information she had to work with in identifying her target.

At least I don't have to worry about a deadline this time around. Should have plenty of time to set something up.

"Yeah, I can get it done," Annabeth said after a few moments, "It'll take some time, of course."

Wonder what happened to all that talk about sticking to his way of doing things...
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Mordred

"Ohh, t-thanks for the offer..." Mordred was still gasping for breath a bit as she really did feel her strength even if probably Sakura held back. I guess it was her unavoidable fate to meet crazily strong people. After she regained some composure, she continued. "But uh, I have money of my own, so why won't we share the cost in half? That would be more fair that way. I have a good job, so I'm not lacking money myself either."

Auspicious Breeze

Oh wow, this girl was strong! At least as strong as Breeze, and she could crack boulders with her knuckles even before she built up some steam! She gave Sakura a squeeze back with her own arms just to show she wasn't all fragile. She checked for muscles in the girl's arm. "Wow, you're pretty tough, too."

Oh, food. Food would be great. With a big smile she went to make her own suggestion. "Oh, I know! There's this place that... what was it... I think it had steak? I heard it had steak, anyway. Guh, I can't remember the name; anyway, that'd be great. Thank you!"

IRON=SAKURA

"Hehe, of course I'm tough!" Sakura said to Breeze. "I'm the toughest gal in town!" She liked the ring to that phrase. It was fun. "And hmm, if you want steak, I know a super good place, I can take you to it." Sakura said to Breeze.

"But on one condition!" Sakura twirled around to face Mordred. "I'm paying!"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Noel blushed a bit in embarrassment. Shoot, I didn't mute that did I? She crouched on the ground and covered her head in shame. Well, she crouched. She was still floating slightly off the hospital bathroom's floor.

She recomposed herself and stood back upright, responding to Henry. "I'm not badly hurt, don't worry. Just a few bruises. I've already taken care of them." Noel looked down at the bulging metal along her legs, and with a snap decision, deftly cut the legs off her uniform, sitting down on the air as she did so.

"I'm at the hospital off 50th street." Noel told her partner. "I'll meet you outside shortly, I'll just finish getting dressed real quickly." Noel told him. She then did the same thing to the forearms of her shirt, and then put that on, buttoning it up quickly. Finally, she put on her hat, threw away the scraps, and walked(floated) towards the exit.

Henry Barthow

There wasn't a lot of confidence to be had in her tone in spite of the apparently neglegible quality of her injuries. Was it sympathy? Self-disillusion? If there was nothing you could do against overwhelming circumstances alien to yourself, there was nothing to be obtained from expending all your chances against them. The injustices and consequences which oppressed others for no fault of their own, which would do the same whether you stood in their way or not, were not any one person's fault to bear. Letting that judgement cripple your intentions was useless. There is always something beyond your interference. If you dash yourself against it, any contributions against phenomena within your power to change will never happen.

"I'll be with you in five," he said, before closing the call and tossing the earpiece next to the gear stick. The detective pushed on the pedal.

Even if others did not deserve to be victims, you had to survive to do something about them. It ground his gears, stretched the cables of his emotional understanding to the breaking point, but that was what the demon had concluded. There was no way he could endure without that consensus. Noel should know it too, and she was more powerful - physically, causally - in the traditional sense than him, even if destruction was not a charge either sought willingly.

Five minute and thirteen seconds after their exchange, he circled past the parking lot of the hospital to stop ahead of the main entrance, the weight of the car swinging with the sudden break. Henry opened his window to look around more freely, and after a moment caught sight of Noel. The armaments of her true form peeked clearly out of the adapted uniform.

"Hard-earned choice of clothing," He commented dryly as she floated to the car.

Noel Vermillion

Noel rolled her eyes at her partner and climbed into the passenger seat of the car. "Shush, it's far better than what I normally wear in this form. I don't feel like I'm going to die of embarrassment."

The young woman looked over at Tar with a wry smile. "Sorry for ruining the view." She said, attempting to make a joke to him before she got serious once again.

"This guy is insanely powerful. He's probably as big a threat as whatever we found in the sewers half a year ago." She told him seriously.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry Barthow

He quirked his lips up in a strangled smile at her humor. "Don't take me for a perv," he dissed. Henry had to admit it looked like a far more sensible choice of outfit, but he didn't have the chance to laugh about this prattle.

His forehead furrowed wearily at the promise of danger comparable to that mess they'd last seen months past. At least that one was acting in a contained manner (they had surmised, at least). He had the feeling this one wasn't. Not by the way they had attacked in broad daylight for everyone to see. That spoke of very intentional methods to him.

"Shit, alright. We need to get everyone up to speed," he said, rubbing his eyes. "They said on the comm the site of the attack is being taken of by the enforcers now, so we're headed back to the precinct instead."

Henry looked behind him with an arm hooked over his seat and to the side mirror before he sped out of where he'd parked, and fixed his eyes on the road. "I hope you're up for explaining the bastard's traits in detail."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:38:35 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

It seemed his plan almost came to fruition. This would make an adequate measuring stick, far more suitable than worthless cannon fodder.

If Erica lost, it meant she was garbage unfit to serve his cause to the fullest. If the child cloaked in aura lost, it meant her pathetic will and trust could only go so far. Either way, it was a good way to test the tools he had at his disposal, even he ran the risk of breaking them.

But that possibility did not worry him. He had countermeasures for that.

"The whos, whats, whens, whys and hows don't matter to me. Results, the world only remembers results. We'll keep in touch." He said in a cold, polite tone, for the first time truly unsettling. With that, it didn't take a moment fo hesitation for him before he turned away and left her to her own designs.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:53:23 AM by francobull3 »