Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43143 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo

"Hey, hey, it's all an act. Remember? If I don't take the blame for this, you'll be responsible for the ship. It is a man's duty to take the fall for cute girls like you!" He said pompously with a dramatic pose. It kinda sucked though, so he coughed and turned back to them seriously.

"Ahem, anyways, if you have to go its fine. Honestly, forcing you to join me was never my intention." He held a hand out friendly.

"It was fun though, I really enjoyed meeting you two."

Malcolm

Malcolm suddenly looked genuinely pissed, annoyed and regretfully displeased. Was it that he saw the error of his ways, realizing how his attitude was genuinely nasty and uncalled for? Did seeing the girl he brought till here displease make him realize that she didn't deserve to put up with a shitty argument?

No way!

Anastasia's words rubbed him the wrong way, that's all. "Hey! You don't actually need to take the fall for me. I'm the one who said it, not you. If someone ever apologize for shit I start, I'll have to shoot myself." He said all of a sudden. Then he turned to the annoying blondie. He couldn't help but feel a bad feeling at the back of his neck though, like someone was watching him.

"Look, I meant no disrespect. Well, just a little. But even if you asked for it and I hate your guts, this place got nice drinks, its really not half bad. She's might be kinda dumb, but she's a nice gal, so don't give her trouble okay?"

He took another gulp of his drink, and felt even more heat rise up his cheeks. Dammit, it wasn't like this at all! He hated apologizing, because it was like admitting he was wrong. Dammit, he wasn't wrong at all! She shouldn't have been a jerk to him in the first place, hmph!

It took him a painfully and awkwardly long time to muster words. He really didn't give a shit if she forgave him or whatever, it was her fault, but he did want Annie to have a good time.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, let's just be clear. I'll give you money, and you'll give me drinks. Is that fair?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:03:01 AM by francobull3 »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
RED

The girl was staring at the girl with wonder. It was amazing, he never thought he'd meet someone so strange! And her horns, they were so pretty... She leaned in closer to feel them on her fingers, rubbing them playfully. Wow, it was smooth! She was mezmerised, but suddenly she remembered the other part the horn lady said, the weirdish part. In that moment, she stopped abruptly.

"Actually, I never really heard of a fae. You're kinda weird yknow, but I don't think you're a bad girl. Do people just call you that to tease you?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:16:36 AM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe's muscles tensed up as the flaming pirate came in for a hug.  He really didn't want to be lit on fire.  Thankfully, the fire didn't actually hurt, or set any of his clothes ablaze.... somehow.  Rin of course pushed him away.  He followed her out of the skeleton's grip.

With a smile, Joe accepted the handshake.  "Yeah same here."  It was a polite gesture; no, a reward for not trying to coerce them.  In that moment, Joe felt like being nice.

But he still had no idea how to feel about him.

He walked back over to Rin.  "Lets go finish our date somewhere else.  I'm kinda done with water."

Thedoctor

Super-William

As if a bar could ever satisfy his needs. No, it was far to grand for something like that to ever comprehend. Nothing would impede him now for he had seen the truth. The truth of the best beverage and that truth was a sad one indeed. It could only fill one's heart with the deepest regrets at the realization of your own worthlesness.

"I am not in search of something with a bite, like I said I wanted the best. So it has to be the tastiest. Whether that is a mixed drink or rum is irrelevant." In the midst of this supposed drunken rambling he hadn't failed to notice one thing, So he adressed her once more "You on the other hand is pretty strong, not many people can move me like that."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:16:26 PM by Thedoctor »

Thedoctor

Neptune

Oh no he didn't. At first she'd been surprised at that he was an angel and had wondered where his wings were at. But then the horrible terrible truth had dawned. She couldn't believe it. No she didn't want to believe it. But it was here, right infront of her, shoved in her face. So she had to face it. No matter how painful it was going to be. But she would succed because she was the heroine.

"Timeout, timeout. That's just not allowed. You can't be worse than Noire. Being the awesome heroine that I am I can't won't allow this evil to take over. You need to have some fun, like right now and I'll help you with that. Just look at you, you've made go all serious and break character."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

To the immortal's slightest surprise, the pilot started to shoot the missiles down, actuality succeeding for the most part. Of course, their fate was sealed no matter what, the detonation of the missiles providing Vanguard the moment he needed to launch his newest weapon, Meti, with impossible speed. Of course, the girl proceeded to slice the helicopter apart, but Vanguard's little display was of greater interest. That throw wasn't just brute strength, but also a fair amount of skill. For a moment, the immortal wondered if he might find a kindred spirit in the other man, if only in this one regard.

And then Meti reminded them that she was neither capable of flight nor sticking the landing. Well, to be fair, her skill was in the sword, not in landing unharmed.

The concrete roof of prison creaked and cracked under his feet as he launched himself off, angling his trajectory so as to catch Meti before she built up too much downwards momentum.

Michael practically embraced her with one arm upon reaching her, his other arm tucked under her legs and holding them up to give him some room to work with for the landing. It wasn't too rough of a landing, considering how she'd been thrown, he immortal going to a knee as he spread the force out with practiced ease, Meti still held close against his chest

In spite of himself,  Michael couldn't help keeping hold of her for just a moment longer, as if to be sure he'd caught her and hadn't instead been caught in a daydream or something. Before long, however, he stood back up, gently letting the girl back down as he looked her over for injuries.

"Considering the quality of our opponents, or rather the lack thereof for the most part, you fought well," Michael said, gently patting her head, "Forgive this old man's moment of sentimentality, but nicely done."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:29:51 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

As he watched the scene unfold, Vanguard couldn't help but restrain a chuckle. He held a curled index before his mouth, but in the end it was too much, he couldn't help but giggle at the sight before him. How amusing, even as close as she was to an invincible warrior, she was still an ordinary modern girl. But what a shame, with such extensive damage, he couldn't take this territory without performing some repairs. Perhaps he should kindly borrow Ignis...

With a single step, he dropped down the building and landed on his feet, crashing on the hard concrete and cracking it all over like a crater. The world almost seemed to shake at the impact, but aside a few scratches around his legs, he was unharmed from the fall. He stepped up to the couple and bowed.

"I apologize for interrupting this heartfelt reunion. I take the this dance was at your leisure, -"

His words were interrupted by a sudden groan. He was still bowing when the building's structure became incapable of supporting itself. Before he could even say what, the entire prison collapsed. Vanguard just froze in place as he felt dust and rubble crash down, a piece of stone rolled right next to his foot.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, but when another piece of rubble landed on his head, the calm facade dropped completely and he opened his eyes to reveal a menacing smile unlike anything one could even fathom. There was nothing but foul, evil intentions in his eyes, lightning cracked slightly on his twitching brow, and Vanguard made very sure to not just give her a clout to the ear, for now.

"That reminds me, you said something about the supports having cuts in them. Was this your doing? Hmmmmmmm?" He asked, closing his eyes again, tilting his head and smiling. Somehow, the frightening aura grew even worse, his smiling face was truly scary!

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

"Mhm. That's what the trustworthy people say. Usually when they refuse it's because they know they have financial problems and wouldn't be good tenants anyway." Sakura said cheerfully. "That's what I was taught by my mentor, anyway."

"Anyway, if you'd like to come to my house, we could draft up a contract. We could also go see the apartment in question, of course."

Ron

Well, he really did need to start asking around about that guy Medaka was looking for before anything else. But he didn't want to pass up this opportunity either. Ron nodded, slowly, but said something else too. "That would be great, actually. I just have to do something around here first for a friend of mine."u

Sakura Matou

Sakura nodded. "That's fine." She said to him, beginning to tap her foot as she waited for her food to arrive. "Give me your phone, I'll put in my phone number."

She also noticed her order had finally arrived.

"Thank you." She said to the waiter, looking up at him as he placed her plate in front of her.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

In response to his question, the girl launched into a description of the alternatives, explaining that, whilst they would be unlikely to get this particular creature, the likely alternatives were also powerful. Bizarrely, it seemed like it depended on when in the day they "evolved".

Still, whilst it seemed powerful, and it was undeniably cute, Shirou was still not sure if he could afford it. $2000 was a lot of money and, whilst he could get hold of that much thanks to his new bounty, they needed that money for food and to pay the rent. Further, he did still have some concerns about how, exactly, they were meant to train these Pokemon, the girl had not explained that.

"Hmm....", he began.

Well, it does seem cute and I'm sure Sakura would love it, but it's very expensive. I don't know if I can afford to spend that much", he added, an obvious sense of disappointment at the thought of not getting the pet in his voice.

He really would love to bring such a cute and useful pet home to her, but cute pets couldn't substitute for food or for a house. He was obviously conflicted, uncertain if Sakura would even want the pet at such a price.

Oka Kurosawa

Oka looked at Shirou with her big cute eyes, using her womanly charms to try to convince the older man.

"Are you sure? They're really quite strong and useful, and also quite intelligent! It'll pay for itself protecting your house and life!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Super-William

As if a bar could ever satisfy his needs. No, it was far to grand for something like that to ever comprehend. Nothing would impede him now for he had seen the truth. The truth of the best beverage and that truth was a sad one indeed. It could only fill one's heart with the deepest regrets at the realization of your own worthlesness.

"I am not in search of something with a bite, like I said I wanted the best. So it has to be the tastiest. Whether that is a mixed drink or rum is irrelevant." In the midst of this supposed drunken rambling he hadn't failed to notice one thing, So he adressed her once more "You on the other hand is pretty strong, not many people can move me like that."

IRON=SAKURA

Sakura blushed a bit at his compliment. She still felt awkward getting praised for her immense strength.

"Oh this isn't anything much, I can tell you're really strong too." She admitted, happy that things were seeming to calm down a bit.

"Well if you don't care about the strength, come on! It's not gonna be the best thing you ever had but they're pretty damn fine, if I do say so myself!" She began pulling him towards the bar.

"I'll catch up, have your conversation!" Sakura called out to Breeze and Mord.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

A dark fist landed on her face like a hammer, ripping it from her head with a dark explosion while her foot slammed violently on his stomach. But it wasn’t enough, such a battle couldn’t be settled with just one strike. So they pounded one another with the full power they could muster, like the beating of drums.

A powerful punch after the other met dark claws, each attack was enough to make the other lose consciousness, yet the two kept hitting each other without stopping. Even if she could regenerate, his strikes would spread shadow in her body, consuming her flesh and returning the damage to how it was.

Meanwhile each of her blows caused his body to crack more and more, until a tar black vomit spewed from his mouth and wounds. It wasn’t mere constitution or physical prowess, but a battle that tested the limits of their ability to endure, their determination and resolve.

More and more blows landed, each opponent’s body and soul on the line with every strike. In the end, this was a battle of whose body would scrape away first.

Die die die DIE!!!!

As the two divine remnants struck one another, the dark god did not  even notice he was smiling. This battle, this pain, the feeling of her flesh being entered by his...

Suddenly, he stopped, as if he had just stared into the abyss. He froze into place, unable to move. No. NO! Not like this, such a victory was worse than a thousand defeats. Both warriors were practically at the limits of their body, each movement was excruciating in its own right. It was as if both were on the edge, about to sink deeper and deeper until they perished. He gripped at her body, nearly crumbling down like a demolished statue, using her own to support himself.

His smile faded, and pressing her face on her own, his crimson gaze spoke of unshakable resolve. This was... his final attack. Both had little strength, the mere notion that she would release herself from his dark grip with such a ravaged body was absurd. To make things worse, the shadow and black liquid that had spewed from his body had began to take a life of its own, several dark hands rose from the ground and gripped at both, forcing them together, rendering their movements impossible.

He knew full well he would not beat her in a battle of purely physical prowess, that is why he had planned for this. He would end this with a tie, how frustrating, but it was better than to let him resurface.

Three orbs of dark energy manifested and crackled with incredible dark forces. Slowly, they rotated moved closer to one another. As long as the hands gripped at them, as long as she couldn't avoid these orbs, they would fuse and become a vessel of pure energy, enough to obliterate her with a mighty beam.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:03:01 AM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mitsuba

Mitsuba stroke her chin as she watched what this too inquisitive person had to offer. "So no payment in advance? I don't think I should take any challenging contract from you until I'm sure I can get paid for more difficult jobs." If he was untrustworthy to the point that he wouldn't be willing to pay for a contract performed, then she shouldn't perform what she considered a difficult hit for his first contract. But if he paid for the first hit, then she would consider taking a more bothersome contract.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

Huh, did she just feel something abnormal? For a flash she some sort of magical disturbance between Forest and Malcolm. Was it some sort of weak spell or she had some talent for magic, even if maybe small? Who knew. Maybe she should tell her about that if she wasn't using that consciously.

"Huh, you call me dumb, but you don't seem to notice that." Maybe he was already drunk. "Is it really just my imagination or you used some magic?" She asked Forest. "If you used it unknowingly, then it's no good. You should learn basics of basics even if you don't want to be a mage. No reason to risk some mishap."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:35:09 AM by Kat »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

"So, shall we go somewhere more private? It seems Sakura is okay with hanging out with the guy." The changeling proposed to her girlfriend. A place like this was certainly too public for such talk.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Sakura continued to watch and attack with her shadows as the two of them continued to fight the creature, Julius switching from his whip to what Sakura believed were rosary beads, punching it and causing it to wail in pain. However, to her concern, nothing seemed to stop it from growing darker and larger, obviously becoming more powerful. Paladin, too, could clearly see that, and threw himself at the creature, trying to wrestle it. Unfortunately, though, it quickly became clear that he was failing.

Shit, Sakura thought as she watched him being swallowed-up, calling out to them as he did so.

Quickly, she reacted by sending all her shadows to attack, some of them stabbing at the creature and some attempting to grab hold of Paladin and help him fight free, but it wasn't enough. Things were going very wrong, and they needed to do something. With Paladin in the way, she couldn't risk using her gem, but she could fire off another shot.

"Beschwöre einen Schattenbogen", she began once more, the bow appearing again.

"Den abgedunkelten Pfeil aufladen", she continued, before adding an extra line to the chant. "Machen Sie einen größeren Schatten. Bereiten Sie zu schießen."

This time, the shadow was larger and even more powerful than the previous shot, the power hanging ominously in the air. She had pumped as much mana into this as she could spare, knowing it would be her last chance to affect the battle.

"Brand!" she screamed, firing the arrow towards the monster, trying her hardest not to hit Paladin.

Whilst she knew the damage to him would be much less than that to the monster, it would still hurt if she hit him, so she made sure to aim as far from Paladin as she could whilst still hitting it, or at least distracting it.

Now beginning to pant and grimmace from the exertion and mana drain, Sakura nevertheless followed the shot up with more shadow tendrils, stabbing once more at the monster and trying to pull Paladin free.

Shirou

As soon as Shirou saw the girl's cute stare, his heart melted. He knew, deep down, that she was trying to manipulate him, just like Sakura always was when she stared at him like that, but that didn't matter. He simply couldn't resist that cute, sad, puppy-dog look that Sakura gave him. As much as he tried to fight it, he couldn't help but give in, the girl's words only acting to provide a rationalisation for the decision he'd already made. Still, he wasn't going down without a fight.

"Well, I suppose I could maybe", he said, obviously saddened by her upset state. "Do you have one that I could look at, to see if I like it?"