Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 15915 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald

"You dare to overtake what was once my domain and claim that you can create some idiotic rules? What foolishness is this!?"

The beast had swallowed his mercury whole and was left without anything resembling a scratch, but Kayneth was not about to give up, rather he expected something like this might happen and so he prepared to activate his own move.

The mercury was very unique in construction, made by layering spell after complex spell into a blanket of magecraft that enveloped nearly every cell of the liquid metal he could control it even if it was not attached to his body or to any other strand of mercury.

He could still sense the two spheres of liquid metal they were within the walls holding their shape their heat rising as they continued to vibrate. And so he activated one of his trump cards.

"Praemium!" There was nearly a lifetime of spells and contracts that wove through the mercury, and if could keep a suitable amount, say the size of a cannonball, then all the magical energy that had been folded into the core of the Mystic Code could be released in a huge torrent of energy.

A broken code, as Kayneth once called it. The mercury inside the walls grew hotter and hotter as it begun to change composition, held together by various magical enchantments the mercury quickly passed its boiling point and grew hotter still until not even the magic could hold it together any longer.

In the span of just a few second and with a loud roar, the magical energy of the balls erupted and two explosions shot forth ripping through the biomatter as they spread, it was a blast equivalent to an A rank magical fire and water attack, and it was a trick that Kayneth despised using above all else. Replenishing the mercury would take time but it could be done, and he felt he had little choice in the matter. Against a foe this powerful he had to go all out or die, thus Kayneth sacrificed a 'finger' in order to obtain the chance to escape.

Using the rest of his mercury as a shield to protect him from both sides, felt the pressure from the air causing his newly formed shield to ripple as they were pushed to their limits.

He had to survive, he needed to survive this, and he would do everything he could in order to obtain that chance.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:51:44 AM by Milbunk »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily Blaskowicz

Don't panic. Panic kills people. It kills them because even the most insane situations can be worked through if one keeps a cool head, which you simply can't do when you're panicked.

Mental mantra aside, to say it was difficult to avoid panicking was an understatement. Doors leading into parking lots at medical clinics don't just spontaneously turn into Hedge Gates as a normal occurrence. At least she hoped they didn't.

Regardless, this situation could've been a lot worse. Thanks to having to pop into the Hedge earlier this morning for some Goblin Fruits, the catch for the Pathfinder clause was still active, letting the changeling navigate the Hedge without too much worry, aside from occasionally having to avoid a few briarwolves here and there, a task made simple with usage of a choice few clauses.

Oddly enough, the clause was now alerting the former Spring Queen to the presence of a new trod. Then again, she'd never entered the Hedge from her Clinic directly, so maybe this oddity should've been expected.

Sure enough, Emily soon found herself at a trod rich with Goblin Fruits. Admittedly, the chance of her actually needing to restock any time soon was somewhat doubtful, but it always helped to be prepared. That in mind, Emily topped off her stock of the small fruits before deciding that it might be a good idea to rest a bit before going any further. Glamour aside, the Changeling was still somewhat exhausted, no thanks to the downright hectic day at the clinic.

Ah well, I can just make my way back there once I've rested up. Even if that Hedge Gate is gone, there should be another at least somewhat nearby. I'd rather not have to use a Contract, but if push comes to shove, it really can't be helped, can it?

With this in mind, Emily sits down cross-legged in the midst of the trod, more flowers blooming up around her to join those marking her path into the trod, and meditated on the still air around her, keeping an ear open for any passing creatures of the Hedge.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Than'Sanel

The acknowledging nod that he received lifted his spirits, which had dropped when the older man had choked and interrupted the indescribably invigorating melody, but the woman's reaction to Sarse left him somewhat puzzled until Sarse answered her truthfully. He didn't know what to make of the newcomer, but he saw clearly that the man decided to ignore the song in favor of picking his nose. Indignation on the lady's behalf blossomed.

He didn't like the small tone he heard in the older man's voice, either. He had heard it in the voices of the more laid back, business-like Lorwyn elves when discussing eye-blights. How they could be so callous in their hunting of "ugliness" baffled him. Evil and amorality are problems independent of appearances.

"Indeed. There is no reason for confrontation here. Sarse's choice to appear humanoid as opposed to whatever his true form may be is not an issue." He gestured around them. "Some thing gave me cause to make these pillars. I returned to make certain the pillars were stable, and that no other being like that one had arrived." He looked between the older man and the silver-haired one, "Should a confrontation be needed, it is against things like that, not Sarse."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:31:42 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas

Roxas listened to the girl talk.  He could tell that she just got here, since she seemed to assume city people are magicians.  Technically he can use magic but does that make him a magician?  Well regardless, she wanted him to do something.

"Well i'm not sure I qualify as a magician but...."

He raised his hand and opened his palm towards the sky.  His hand began to glow red.  A fireball shot from his hand, going straight up into the sky.  Eventually, it vanished from view.

Rikuyo

"Oh?" she looked at the boy as if disappointed a bit, clearly expecting something else, maybe something more like summoning one of those magical litters that moved around without anyone pulling them. "I thought you would call one of those odd things. I mean that's fun thing too, but I can do that too" she said, pointing her finger at the sky and firing energy blast as if mimicking what Roxas did "See?"

Then, a scorched skeleton of what used to be a bird dropped down. "Uh, sorry for that" she apologized, scratching her head awkwardly "I forgot to aim..."
Emily Blaskowicz

Don't panic. Panic kills people. It kills them because even the most insane situations can be worked through if one keeps a cool head, which you simply can't do when you're panicked.

Mental mantra aside, to say it was difficult to avoid panicking was an understatement. Doors leading into parking lots at medical clinics don't just spontaneously turn into Hedge Gates as a normal occurrence. At least she hoped they didn't.

Regardless, this situation could've been a lot worse. Thanks to having to pop into the Hedge earlier this morning for some Goblin Fruits, the catch for the Pathfinder clause was still active, letting the changeling navigate the Hedge without too much worry, aside from occasionally having to avoid a few briarwolves here and there, a task made simple with usage of a choice few clauses.

Oddly enough, the clause was now alerting the former Spring Queen to the presence of a new trod. Then again, she'd never entered the Hedge from her Clinic directly, so maybe this oddity should've been expected.

Sure enough, Emily soon found herself at a trod rich with Goblin Fruits. Admittedly, the chance of her actually needing to restock any time soon was somewhat doubtful, but it always helped to be prepared. That in mind, Emily topped off her stock of the small fruits before deciding that it might be a good idea to rest a bit before going any further. Glamour aside, the Changeling was still somewhat exhausted, no thanks to the downright hectic day at the clinic.

Ah well, I can just make my way back there once I've rested up. Even if that Hedge Gate is gone, there should be another at least somewhat nearby. I'd rather not have to use a Contract, but if push comes to shove, it really can't be helped, can it?

With this in mind, Emily sits down cross-legged in the midst of the trod, more flowers blooming up around her to join those marking her path into the trod, and meditated on the still air around her, keeping an ear open for any passing creatures of the Hedge.

Mordred

Making her way to the Trod where she previously found Goblin Fruits, she noticed from afar another Changeling. Like her, she looked mostly human in comparison to some Changelings, but there was still uncanny air about her, namely how attractive she looked. Mordred who before was pretty sure she was only into guys, felt a little bit confused by the other Changeling's beauty No, it's just my mind playing tricks on me, I have to think straight she thought awkwardly, trying to conceal her blushing. No time for being emotional here, she knew nothing of the Changeling's identity. She had to inquire further.

"I guess you are another one like me permamently stranded here. I'm Mordred, from the Court of Summer, but given we don't have a freehold here, it doesn't matter much. If you are not much of a combatant, I will give you a fair warning, the city on the other side can be as messed up as Hedge if not even more." she explained the situation to the newcomer "Now that I introduced myself, please tell me who you are. But be brief, last time I was here I had to fight off a pack of Briarwolves"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily Blaskowicz

Of course a Trod like this can't have gone without being discovered by others.

The first clue as to her new company was a faint disturbance in the air, almost like the dying throes of a heat wave. Opening her eyes, the Changeling found a curious sight before her. A fellow Changeling, likely another Fairest, judging by her relatively human looks, clad in some kind of antique-looking plate armor. The embarrassed blush she'd come to expect from people who hadn't seen someone like her before, poor girl was probably questioning her orientation, complemented her fair skin quite well. Emily couldn't help but grin as the newcomer proceeded to explain the current situation to her in a tone that just barely betrayed her embarrassment.

Yes, I do think I'll have a bit of fun with this one.

Standing up, she all but sauntered over to the girl, extending a hand in greeting.

"Emily," she said, voice rife with mirth, "Of the Spring Court. Thank you for the warning, but I must ask what you mean by us being stuck here permanently. It's not as if there's anywhere else the Hedge will go but the world out-"

Wait a minute.

"You speak of the world outside of the Hedge as if it's not even the same world from which you entered it," Emily notes, the mirth now replaced by concern.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell.

The brick wall that Richard crawled up to was now riddled with tainted vermin. They were fast, faster than him. However, he now had the high ground, and an advantage of terrain.

As he stood above them, Richard commanded the water tendrils to smash on the wall, crashing down upon the brick and shattering it. Now, the structure was crumbling before them, but not before the hydromancer shot down more frozen spears.

Yes, there was a window nearby he could reach. Using one of the tendrils, he smashed the glass and entered furtively.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas was a bit disappointed by her lack of reaction.  Magical litters?  Was that some kind of spell?  Either way, she just shot a bird down by accident, so maybe it isn't a good idea to show off anything else in an attempt to please her.

"Well anyway, I am Roxas.  I know a little bit of magic but I wouldn't say im an expert, at least, not in this city.  I can't summon "litters" but I can do other things."  He said, as if being interviewed for a job."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
"Very well. Let's meet again, David." Said Vanguard before turning his back and leaving, giving a lazy wave of his hand as he departed.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
David Borrus

David watched as the warrior said goodbye and left the building.  He looked around.  It was a nice session.  He was happy that he met a man like that.  Well he still had the rest of the day off.  He walked out of the hotel and began walking through the city.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
AKIHOLARME

An odd man in dark clothes with one blue eye and one red suddenly spoke up. He introduced himself as Crest, and stated that he would be surprised if Caedia said anything at all. Aki spared him a nod in acknowledgement before turning to look back at Rebeca. The girl seemed tense, and she was staring at Crest with obvious suspicion. Aki’s attention returned to the warrior woman, who inquired as to what the gym was for with a gesture.

“I hear it’s for training one’s body, and for testing yourself in combat against other duelists,” the last dragonborn said with a smile. “Would you like to join me?” she asked of Caedia.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura frowned and looked angrily towards the newcomer as she saw Irisviel jump away from the wall of fire he had put up. After hearing Irisviel stand up for her against the blob-man, she felt the need to stand up for the woman in return. And, the fact that she was the mother of the girl who had sacrificed her life to give Sakura everything she'd ever dreamed of only intensified that feeling.

At the same time, though, the blob-man popped up out of the ground and grabbed Irisviel's leg, attempting to get her to leave. That was not something Sakura wanted. She wanted to get to know this woman better and, besides, the man she had run over was still in the car.

Before Sakura could say anything, though, the newcomer addressed Irisviel and the blob-man.

"Do not tempt me to destroy you, false one. I am giving you a few moments free of my wrath for introducing me to this example of beauty", he said.

Sakura frowned once more.

Does he mean Irisviel, or just the blob?

Then, he addressed her.

"If it's permanent will it be passed onto your descendants as well?" he said.

Sakura frowned once more.

"Erm, no, sorry, my children have inherited my original hair colour", she said.

Truthfully, whilst it may upset this man, she was quite glad that the last remnants of the Matou family would die with her. Her children were members of the two families she truly belonged to, Tohsaka and Emiya, the evil taint of the Matous had not touched them as it had her, and it never could.

"Also, please could you be more careful to avoid hurting Irisviel. As she says, she's done nothing to harm you", she added, clearly annoyed at his total disregard for Irisviel's well-being.

"And no, Irisviel cannot leave right now", she continued, now addressing the blob-man, "she has a man in her car she needs to take care of."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:24:25 AM by Cherry Lover »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Mia

The toy yelled out at her, calling her rules idiotic, he called her game foolish. And so Mia’s eyes were filled with expressive anger.

Then the wall exploded, Mia could not see it from where she was, but she could hear it, and she could feel the earth shaking. Then she saw more of the metal form around him, creating a floating shield around him.

So he wanted to play that kind of game? Fine.

“PARIAH… don’t repair the hole.” Mia’s voice called out. And then, the wall to the side was opened, the biomass making a path for her. And Mia walked though, and between Kayneth and the new exit she stood, sword in hand. Her clothing smoked with demonic miasma and her eyes glowing a brightly.

“Ok then Mister. Since you won’t follow my rules… well, I guess I will have to punish you.” Mia said, her voice was incredibly cold, not like the happy and joyful voice she normally had. “Try and escape Mister, but know that I don’t like it when people don’t follow my rules.”

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Aisha

The woman let out a thoughtful hum as she listened to her Children and the pretender. Then she gave the deceiver a hard look and issued a warning in the First Tongue. The hissing of serpents, growls of beasts, and the buzzing of agitated insects exited her mouth before she spoke normally again.

"I will suffer this falsehood if that is what you all wish."

Then Aisha's attention returned to the Child she was cradling. She stopped holding her and instead pulled out her dagger. The blade bit into the palm of her other hand and she kept it there for a little while until a pool of white blood had formed. Then she put the knife away and instead pulled out a small vial in which she poured her blood into which revealed that the damage to her hand was already gone. A stopper was placed on the vial and she pushed it into the Child's hands.

"Keep it with you and keep it safe. If you are ever in great danger drink it, and you will be strong for a little while."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Irisviel

Tohuw appeared from the ground underneath Irisviel and informed her that this was the same creature that had caused the destruction around them and told her they needed to go. Before she responded, the dragon crafted a large glyph in the ground around her that neutralized her spell that had animated her wires. “Wha-!” She exclaimed in surprise as her wires fell and hung loosely around her arms. She’d heard dragons were extremely strong creatures, but she hadn’t expected this one to be able to so casually negate her magic.

Irisviel thought about whether she should listen to Towuh While what the demon had done to Sakura hadn’t inspired any trust, the dragon seemed to be extremely dangerous, and strangely enticed by Sakura’s hair. Furthermore, it had threatened to erase the demon and didn’t seem to have any issues with catching her in the crossfire.

Irisviel walked over to Sakura as fast as she could, causing the wires to re wrap themselves around her properly as soon as she left the area affected by the antimagic. Irisviel was happy to hear Sakura jump to her defense, but was troubled by what she said afterwards.

"And no, Irisviel cannot leave right now", Sakura continued, now addressing the blob-man, "she has a man in her car she needs to take care of."

Irisviel walked up to Sakura and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. “Actually, Sakura, we should probably get going. I’m sorry to cut your meeting short, but I really have to do something as soon as possible.” Irisviel told Sakura, trying to make up an excuse to get away as fast as possible. Irisviel took Sakura’s hand and began to lead her to the car. “Alright?” She asked Sakura, looking her directly in the eyes without blinking, trying to silently express the urgency of the matter.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Tohuw Balagan

It seemed Irisviel heeded his warning, for she immediately took a run for it, taking the purplehead along. And forgetting him. Quite rude, really. He expected better. She probably knew the lizard had beef to settle with him and decided to ditch him in order to escape. Tohuw, naturally, did not approve.

So he did the natural thing and immediately transformed into a teeny tiny fly and slipped by inside her ear. Of course, he was floating inside, so there wouldn’t be much issue with touching the icky… whatever humans call that. It is obvious, that it is not because it is golden that one ought to keep it in his ears.

“Psssth… Sorry about the trouble, but I’ll tag along thank you very much. Still me, the chap you saved. Tohuw. Please be so kind as to not scratch until I can get out of here and not become roast. ” he whispered very softly, as softly as a flea. If fleas whisper that is. If they did, they probably whispered like Tohuw just did.