Author Topic: Pine Garden  (Read 53882 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Garden
« Reply #1215 on: June 23, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »
Suerte

The cowgirl pushed a lock of her hair back.  The sound of cogs grinding against one another filled the room as a click filled the air.  "Don't get too smart with me handsome," she said, pushing the barrel of the gun in.  "You don't want to get me too excited.  Is that your final answer?  This bullet is antimagic.  If it hits you, it might be able to dislodge or damage any magical tracking device in your system.  If you were conjured or otherwise sustained via magic you will die."

The strings flowed through the entire area, the cowgirl and her partner in the epicenter.  The young woman did not even flinch as each one missed her.  A single strand of hair fell from her head, sliced off by the powerful string.

Those hazel eyes widened as she turned to Spidey.  "Sorry.... I," she said, scratching the back of her head but still poking his abs with the barrel.  "I'm not the trusting type.... I mean i'm a cowgirl and we live alone and...."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 23, 2020, 07:42:56 PM »
Spidey

"Don't give me that shit! You can't just hurt people just because you're curious!" His sharp eyes darted about like a cornered animal. "It's people like that... just like that...!!" His hand clawed at his face for a second, and the kid's body was just a bit paler and sweating. His eyes, his face, all was hidden out of sight. Out of mind.

But suddenly, he let go of his face and looked at her like nothing happened. "Uh, why're you looking at me like that?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 24, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »
Justice

Justice swallowed a combative breath as the strings screeched and shuddered to a halt, none of them touching him. There was a familiar look to the warning scars they left around them, but he kept that to himself. Reaching out, he laid a gloved hand on each of Suerte and Spidey's shoulders. He squeezed hard enough that they could focus on him over anything else.

"Take it easy. We're already in danger, taking risks isn't something we can avoid," the Rider said. "I'm not made from magic, it'll be fine. Riders are just plants, if anything."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 24, 2020, 09:13:22 PM »
Suerte

Suerte dropped her arm, letting it fall to her waist.  "No-no, the boy is right," she said, looking away from Justice.  "I was planning on shooting you to test your integrity.  If you were lying I was going to..."

The cowgirl's face turned red.  She was going to get off to his body becoming lifeless and limp before moving onto another partner.

"It doesn't matter.  That was disgusting of me.  I have another way of looking for tracking devices anyway."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 25, 2020, 10:25:41 PM »
A-702

"Man..." He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, shifting his look back and forth. "Look, it's whatever. Just don't do that shit. I know you're a bounty hunter or whatever, but it's messed up to just hurt people just to test a pet theory."

He held out a hand to Suerte, awkwardly, but with the best smile he could muster at the moment. "We cool?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 26, 2020, 06:23:23 PM »
Justice

He scanned the turbulent thoughts that flashed through their faces before letting them go. When was the last time he had to deal with complexes like these? Justice thought he was used to it, but the burdens his siblings carried for all the eternities they'd known each other were nothing to the fickle and sensitive scars of mortals.

The rider sighed, pulling his scarf over his face. "Spidey. Integrity is important, but don't jump to conclusions. I don't want you to tell my partner she's doing these things on a whim," he said. His silver gaze trailed to the girl in question. "Suerte. I'm putting my trust in you. Put yours in me, and don't get distracted trying to test it."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:25:17 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 27, 2020, 04:21:19 PM »
Suerte

Suerte slid the barrel of the gun into her holster and took a deep breath.  Reaching out her hand, she glanced at Spidey then Justice.  "Yeah....  partners.  Sorry.  Never again will I ever doubt you.  But... I have to ask.  Why do you trust me so much already?" she asked.  The hand that shook Spidey's quickly went to his forehead.  "And you, are you alright?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 28, 2020, 03:18:15 AM »
Spidey

He squinted a bit - but nodded his head affirmatively at Justice. "Er... sorry..." He rubbed the back of his fuzzy hair meekly.

And then, something strange happened that almost made his hair stand straight. The cute lady t-touched his f-forehead.... so embarassing.

"Wha! Wha wha wha wha wha wha whaaaaadayam-m-meean?!" He almost flinched at the sudden touch, red as a beet and holding his forehead as if to shield it from her hand.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 29, 2020, 04:10:50 AM »
Aruna

The demon in human form sat in a comfy chair, his legs kicked up over the desk in front of him.  The chair was the type with back support, wheels and the type of cushion that would make someone fall asleep.  The room was vast, filled with books and decorated with a shelf of fine wine.  On the side of the room there was a fireplace, a table and three chairs.

A door opened, jet black cat ears bouncing up and down.  Sharp cat eyes darted left, right, down and up before locking onto Aruna.  The catgirl wore a long flowing dress that clung to her large breasts.   They were a few sizes smaller than Lulu's but still rather large.  White whiskers extended outwards, becoming invisible the more the stretched out past her cheeks.  However, if you weren't looking for those, you'd see brown freckles dotting those cheeks. As she came closer, she stared at the ground, pressing her fingers together.  The long tail behind her flickered back and forth.

"So.... I heard your our new master in.... uhh... your.... hmm... you are taking his identity."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:43:01 PM by yinsukin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 29, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »
Justice

He had an answer for Suerte's inquiry that skipped right over thinking to wait in the back of his throat. But with Spidey's reaction, a lenghty, dry snort was what came out. "We're going to have problems if you keep losing your wits like chicken feathers. Get your head in the game, you can toss it to pretty girls later."

Or pretend to, Justice mused for no one else, as much as Spidey needed to pretend so that they wouldn't think past the crust of his troubles. Maybe so he didn't have to.

The rider rolled his neck and stopped his gaze at the body by their feet. He said, "I can let Punishment clean this one up. That a problem?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:16:31 PM by YOLF »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 29, 2020, 10:20:53 PM »
Suerte

Suerte glared at Justice for a moment before returning her attention to Spidey.  She would remember that.  "You suddenly got so grim.  Plus I was scaring you right?" she asked, pulling back her head to looking into his flustered face.  She squatted down, looking up at him from her new position beneath him.  "You've been through a lot these past few days and I told you to trust me, let me and my partner take care of this.  I'm sorry.  I'm not all there myself."

Suerte took a deep breath.  "Don't worry.  We will find the killer and we will be there for you.... as best as we can until then."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 29, 2020, 10:36:25 PM »
A-702

"Eh! Y-yeah, yeah..." He glanced for a second at the dead body lying there and scratched his neck a bit.

He'd been feeling it a while, but now it wasn't even worth it to hide it anymore. He had a bad feeling. The sort of chill when danger looms and approaches. Looking at Suerte and Justice both, he said:

"You know, if someone managed to find us here, doesn't there mean there'll be more?" What was this feeling he had that chilled down his spine? ...Right, that must be just that. But if that was the case then-

"You're not going to feed the guy to a horse, are you? Even for me, that's kind of messed up. Shouldn't we give him a proper burial?"

The bad feeling wasn't going away. Soon, even they'd feel it...

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 30, 2020, 06:22:02 PM »
Justice

Justice shrugged, but his glare seemed to have taken to dissecting the problem in question, and didn't falter to the the spindly young man's unease. "It's a risk to leave it, and like you said, we don't know how they found us, or when," he said.

Something was out-of-place. He could feel the hairs of his nape standing on end, like the faint flow of air through the sealed building was threatened.

"We might have to put off that shopping trip."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 30, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »
Suerte

Suerte looked at Spidey, then back at Justice.  With a blink and a smile she said, "Oh yeah... danger... sure!  But we should still clean up the body first."

The cowgirl began imagining how Punishment would eat the body.  Maybe it would be like a snake....  It sounded so cool!

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 01, 2020, 05:06:02 AM »
A-702

"E-eh..." He scratched the back of his head with an embarrassed fluster. Would that be really fine then? It was important to take one's chances, but not every opportunity was worth jumping into. Well, it's not like he had a choice in the matter. His senses were telling him all he needed to know. But they couldn't predict just how dire things truly were.

With a nervous chuckle, he just shook his heads there. "Yeah, I guess..." He picked himself off and shifted a bit to the left-

BOOM

"Ga-" Blood hacked from his throat and liver as a cannon pierced his slim body, shooting through the wall as if it were made out of paper. Debris and rubble exploded everywhere, and he was blown back with a bloody cough. Shit, so soon!? Strings came flying like razor bullets and grabbed the nearest thing, the body, and hurled it at the shattered wall just as more bullets shot forward. Just enough to act as a human shield and cover the entire area in giblets and minced pieces of meat and string. "Run!" He yelled out desperately, hacking blood and trying to cover his wound.

Were they being attacked so soon!?